Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-27-2016, 04:21 PM   #1  

Default Newcomer to OA looking for a sponsor

I just started OA. I have been listening and reading a lot of literature as well as listening to recorded OA meetings. I am 26 year old in need of a sponsor or even just a buddy to talk through OA with. Is anyone available?
BetterEveryday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 01:57 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 296

Height: 5'8"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterEveryday View Post
I just started OA. I have been listening and reading a lot of literature as well as listening to recorded OA meetings. I am 26 year old in need of a sponsor or even just a buddy to talk through OA with. Is anyone available?
Well, I do sponsor. But I don't usually start with folks from the internet. If you would like to call me and talk, I'd be happy to do that. Just send me a PM and I'll get you some private contact information.
blog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 09:42 AM   #3  

S/C/G: SW: 323 CW: See Ticker GW: 180

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Hello, I do not sponsor right now, but I wanted to say hello to another OA'er
JesikaBeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 10:34 AM   #4  

Hi! I love meeting other OA'ers. We just get eachother
Old 06-23-2016, 11:29 AM   #5  

Quote:
Hi! I love meeting other OA'ers. We just get eachother
Yes indeed we do

Old 06-23-2016, 11:32 AM   #6  

Ooh I wanted to share with you

If you have an Android phone there is an OA daily reader app you can buy for like $5.00 -- it's called "Food for Thought" (Hazelden) by Elisabeth L. I'm often on the go, so it's easy for me to open the app and read it in the mornings.

How is OA going for you? I have been in and out of OA since 2002. I have been abstinent from Anorexia/Bulimia since September 2005.
Old 06-24-2016, 09:42 AM   #7  

Oh nice! I have the book, but didn't know there was an app too. OA is going good. I found a sponsor and have been working through the steps. I am on step 4 now. I have so many resentments! And when I came to OA I thought I only had a food problem I've been abstinent from sugar, wheat, and flour for a little over 2 months. I had struggled with binge eating and bulimia. Such relief I have found!
Old 06-27-2016, 10:12 AM   #8  

Quote:
Oh nice! I have the book, but didn't know there was an app too. OA is going good. I found a sponsor and have been working through the steps. I am on step 4 now. I have so many resentments! And when I came to OA I thought I only had a food problem I've been abstinent from sugar, wheat, and flour for a little over 2 months. I had struggled with binge eating and bulimia. Such relief I have found!
Yay, congrats on finding a sponsor! And awesome on your abstinence one day at a time

I am recovered from a 13 year battle with Anorexia and Bulimia (free since 2005), and in recovery from COE.

Step 4 can be quite the challenge, but it's definitely a relief once you hit step 5 and onward.

Last edited by JesikaBeth; 06-27-2016 at 10:12 AM.
Old 06-27-2016, 10:20 AM   #9  

Wow! 13 years! That is motivating!

I was hoping to find relief in writing out the resentments and my wrongs right away. Some of the resentments went away as soon as I saw my wrongs. But some of the resentments are still there. I am praying for those people and it helps but not all of the resentments have been eliminated yet. Even sharing them with my sponsor, didn't completely eliminate all the resentments. Do you have any suggestions about what worked for you?
Old 06-27-2016, 10:31 AM   #10  

Quote:
Wow! 13 years! That is motivating!

I was hoping to find relief in writing out the resentments and my wrongs right away. Some of the resentments went away as soon as I saw my wrongs. But some of the resentments are still there. I am praying for those people and it helps but not all of the resentments have been eliminated yet. Even sharing them with my sponsor, didn't completely eliminate all the resentments. Do you have any suggestions about what worked for you?
To be honest, not all of my resentments have gone away either. 99% of them have, but I still carry resentment against my parents (granted, not nearly as intense). I have done multiple 4th & 5th steps on this, had therapy, etc. The resentments are manageable today, and only pop up on occasion. I do not eat over them, I do not under eat because of them, nor do I act out in any way.

The things that work for me the most is doing a daily 10th step, gratitude lists, journaling, meditation, talking to my wife, and my therapist (I am still in therapy.)

I am not entirely sure if all resentments go away completely. For me, it's a daily reprieve
Old 06-27-2016, 10:37 AM   #11  

Ok that makes me feel like I'm normal haha. And yes, the resentments towards my parents are the strongest. I probably should journal more about them too. I think that would help.
Old 06-28-2016, 09:02 AM   #12  

Arrow

Quote:
Ok that makes me feel like I'm normal haha. And yes, the resentments towards my parents are the strongest. I probably should journal more about them too. I think that would help.
I love journaling. I am also doing something called "Morning Pages" which has really been changing my life in a good way!

http://juliacameronlive.com/basic-tools/morning-pages/

Have a great day, my friend