Hi IEers, I came upon this interesting website filled with resources for intuitive eating and mindfulness. http://www.freewebs.com/consciouseaters/
I'm really enjoying it.
I particularly love the affirmations for compulsive overeaters:
1. My worth as a person is not diminished in any way by my body size or my eating patterns.
2. I will love myself no matter what my eating patterns are.
3. I will judge my days not by what or how much I eat, but by the accomplishments I have made and the love I have given.
4. My life is a gift, and I will not let my enjoyment of it be diminished by feeling guilty over my body size or how much I eat.
5. I am finished blaming others, situations, and myself for the way I eat. I will take action minute-by-minute, hour-by-hour, and day-by-day until I can eat normally again.
6. Compulsive overeating is a temporary condition in my life.
7. There is a normal eater within me. I will let her/him take over my life more and more each day as I am ready.
8. I can imagine a life without being a compulsive overeater.
9. When I feel stressed, I will close my eyes and picture how my all-powerful, normal eater would handle the situation.
10. I believe I will be a normal eater again. I know I will be a normal eater again!
Source: The Fat Fairy Godmother