Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-07-2014, 10:44 AM   #1  
cece

Default Plateau, Plan B.

I've been eating :/, but I've been able to keep the restriction under control; I haven't binged in 2 days, which is great- but for some reason I don't feel as good as I had expected to feel by now...especially because I'm still at a plateau with my weight. I think I need to push harder. I'm going to drop my caloric intake for the next couple of days and see how that goes. I need to start over.

So I'm fasting today- liquids only. Thursday and Friday I'm going to try and keep it under 200; I realize that it's a low number, but for me that's way more than I need right now. And if I don't screw this up then maybe I'll bump it up to 500 for the weekend. I'm hesitant to eat anything at all because it will take forever to lose the weight- but my goal is to be down at least 3 pounds by next Friday.

I need to get out of this plateau point. I'm only down 7 pounds from my SW and it's killing me...I can't be here anymore.
2bthinner00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:26 PM   #2  

200 calories? That is dangerous and your body is going to think that you're starving it. As soon as you consume food again you will likely gain the weight right back. What is happening next Friday that is causing you to be so desperate to lose three pounds?
stunningsparkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 02:58 PM   #3  

Are you serious about losing weight? Because if you are serious then you should stop what you are doing. Restricting calories like that is going to make you binge and hate yourself more.

Stop.

Want to get better? Feel better? Be kind to yourself. Get counseling. Talk to someone. If you are serious about losing weight then you need to do it slowly. You're just wasting your time and making yourself miserable. How long do you think you can keep up 200 calories per day? It will catch up with you and your body will binge- binge to save your life because you need more calories than that. So if you're truly interested in looking and feeling better then you need to stop this foolishness.
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 03:38 PM   #4  

S/C/G: 133.4/123.2/115

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Are you serious about losing weight? Because if you are serious then you should stop what you are doing. Restricting calories like that is going to make you binge and hate yourself more.

Stop.

Want to get better? Feel better? Be kind to yourself. Get counseling. Talk to someone. If you are serious about losing weight then you need to do it slowly. You're just wasting your time and making yourself miserable. How long do you think you can keep up 200 calories per day? It will catch up with you and your body will binge- binge to save your life because you need more calories than that. So if you're truly interested in looking and feeling better then you need to stop this foolishness.
This. I struggled your struggle for about 15 years before I went for professional help and was diagnosed with an eating disorder. Everything you've said has been something I've thought in the past.

I didn't stop the roller coaster until I actually sat down and made a plan. While a plan for someone else may be "I need to eat no more than XXX calories," my plan said "I need to eat no LESS than XXX calories." The lower you go is not better and will not get you to your goals.

#1 see a counselor
#2 make a plan (with an RD if needed)
Munchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:00 PM   #5  

S/C/G: 229/205.6/165

Height: 5'4"

200 calories? Do you truly know how much that is? How are you arriving at these numbers? Have you done any research or educated yourself on nutritional intake?

Go seek counselling immediately, you're doing damage to both your body and your mind.
kaybee1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 11:36 PM   #6  

Im so sorry. I have been where you are and it feels awful. I remember when I would go days and days without eating anything except drinking some black iced coffee. When I think back on it, I am really sad that I treated my poor body that way. Starving yourself only leads down the path of self hatred when you finally break the dam and need to eat. and eat. and eat. Please take care of yourself.
Pinkhippie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 06:44 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkhippie View Post
Starving yourself only leads down the path of self hatred when you finally break the dam and need to eat. and eat. and eat.
"Break the dam" is an excellent way to put it. That's exactly what will happen. Right now you're building up a tremendous amount of physical and psychological pressure. Nobody can sustain that kind of pressure. Please reach out and get help.

F.
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote