Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-09-2014, 09:31 AM   #31  
Complete the process

S/C/G: 154/see ticker/125

Height: 5'1"

Happy Friday! I'm still hanging in there. After my nice drop of 3 lbs last week, the scale has been moving all over the place, but not in a good way. Up 2-3 lbs one day, back down the next, for no particular reason. I'm averaging 1 lb/wk and thought I'd be losing 2lbs/wk, so needless to say this is going to take longer than I thought to get to goal. On the bright side, my clothes are fitting so much better and that's a huge boost.

How are you guys doing? It's been pretty quiet on this thread.

Dodge, glad the move is over. Ugh! Moving is so disruptive. Congrats on getting back on track.

thriti: how are you? where are you??
raven59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 09:38 AM   #32  
172pds now

S/C/G: 170 PDS. 180/170/130

Height: 5 foot and 3 inches

Hi --Sasy blonde- I will be your buddy????///I know what it is like not losing weight when we wont to. just send me a message if you want e-mail. I live in Tempe,az USA
sasyblond401 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 01:02 PM   #33  

S/C/G: 172/168/125

Height: 5'3

Raven - congrats on the continued weight loss! I know the 1lb per week may not have been what you wanted, but I still think that's great. And, better the number goes down rather than up.
I started a healthy eating plan again today. It was one I followed in the past with great success, but I would derail after a certain amount of weight loss. I'm never sure why, but something seems to click in my brain that makes me not care for a while and then I gain all the weight back. But, this time I'm following it through to the end...and maintaining it!
DodgeThis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 05:15 AM   #34  

S/C/G: SW 136 CW 105 and maintaining

Height: 5.2

How are you all doing? I have joined the forums again after a long absence and found this thread. Is it still active? May I join it?
I long aroung 30 pounds two years ago and for the past month my eating has been quite chaotic. I noticed that I am overeating, though not binging yet, and I don't want to go back to all that. I could overcome binging (after more than 30 years of suffering it) and now I cannot understand why I seem to be heading back there when most things in my life are back on track. I am even dating and happy with my guy! So, I would like to be your buddy and report to you on my eating.
For the rest of the month my intention is to quit on sugar and refined flour. What is your goal?
inglesita64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 07:06 AM   #35  

S/C/G: 203/166/155

Height: 5'3"

It is great to see you all support each other during difficult times. I have been following the IP protocol and while I have yet to have a binge day or "cheat" I know that it could happen at any moment of fatigue, stress, or other vulnerable feeling. I am trying to learn to care for myself in others ways than with food. For me, I think childhood traumas and the loss of my mother at an early age contributed to my turning to food for comfort. After years of using food for love, and interested enough for punishment too, I am working in learning to find other ways to care for myself.
It is good to know there are other folks sharing my struggles and that there is a place to turn for support if and more likely when those moments of vulnerability strike. Keep up all the good work :-)
Sully1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 08:32 PM   #36  

S/C/G: SW 136 CW 105 and maintaining

Height: 5.2

I suppose we have all been turning to food for love. I did that for more than thirty five years till I could stop and try to look for real love. discovered it was not that nobody loved me, but rather that I could not accept the love I was offered. Now things are so different! I appreciate the love my friends give me, my kids --all grown up now-- are caring with me, and I have found a guy who has fallen for me and I for him. We are great together. He's 45, and I am 49. I tell you this because for many years I thought this moment would never arrive, and here it is. Get ready to love and be loved, people, because sooner or later loneliness will get to an end. You have to be ready, that is all. Getting ready included, in my case, losing 30 pounds. Don't give up!
inglesita64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 08:11 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 193.5/163.5/150

Height: 5'2"

I WANNA BE A BUDDY TOO! I am so happy to see some more petite girls close to my weight! I can completely relate to every one of your posts!!! So happy I stumbled upon this thread!

I am no stranger to the self sabotage and wanting to binge when I have just hit my goal for the week or month! I LITTERALLY have an argument with myself sometimes. LOL. I tell myself "you should not eat this!" meanwhile scooping it into my bowl saying "but you've been sooo good, one little cheat won't hurt!" knowing IT DOES!

My scale has hardly budged in the last month, so frustrating but I keep reminding myself that there is no quick fix. It sometimes helps to pull out an old pair of jeans and try them on. I have some jeans that look like clown pants, they won't even stay up on their own!

Keep up the good work ladies!
CAPECODWOMAN is offline   Reply With Quote