Dropped my guard for 10 days and gained 4 LBS. Need a buddy to overcome this pls!

You're on Page 2 of 3
Go to
  • So, I stayed on track today and I'm very happy! Had a bit of a confrontation at work, but I didn't even think about reaching for food to compensate. And, I will be exercising again tonight so I'm going to mark today in as a success.
  • Way to go DodgeThis. I am 2 for 2 of completely on plan and exercise. I've lost half the water gain after Easter. Hopefully it will all be flushed out by Wed. or Thurs.
  • Hi dodge and raven!!!
    Good to see you're both doing so well!!! I like the fact that you're no giving up!
    On my side I've been quite busy, but straining myself to get back on track. And it has paid off: 1.2lbs gone.
    I wanted to walk a lot but I couldn't because of my schedule
    I've been eating well though, fruits and nuts. Trying to avoid starchy carbs also and it has worked for 3 days now.
    Every day I'm still tempted still, but then the good progress motivates me to do well the other day.
    Sending some willpower your way!
  • Hey raven and thirti! You guys are doing fantastic! I think you might just be the kick I need to reach my goal
  • Happy to help in any way I can! Only those of us in the trenches understand how hard this is and the amount of mental energy it takes! I'm doing great after the off plan break. The 5 lbs of overnight weight is all gone and I have been on plan all 4 days this week and will continue the fight.
    Together we can do this!
  • Hi gurlz,

How are you doing this weekend? I'm feeling pretty down...certainly because of TOM.

I've managed to stay on track and shed 2 lbs though.

Sending loadz of willpower you way!
  • Congrats, Thirti, that is soo awesome. Hang in there. The mood swings are the toughest! I'm stuck in a plateau and the scale won't budge ugh! I've been 99% on plan with a couple of little (like 1 oz choc. chips or spoon of p. butter) at night. Am I so sensitive that those little things are stalling me? Could be, the only way to know is to stay 100% on plan to know for sure. I'm taking a vacation from the scale, and will check in on Monday morning and see if I get a new number. Otherwise I'm fine. I'm going to bust through the 140s if it's the last thing I do!!
  • Yes dieting is never fun and I know how easy it is to slip up. I have been good so far on the ideal protein diet but there are days......I just want that piece of chocolate. Just get back at it and keep going.
  • Also, I have not lost much weight now for 3 weeks and it is very frustrating. I keep hoping I am going to get through the plateau. Summer is coming real fast and that is what I am focussing on right now. Stick to the plan, it will happen.
  • The scale is still stuck, but I'm sticking to plan 100%. The clothes are fitting looser, so something is happening. Wishing everyone a great on plan week.
  • Still on plan and still stuck at 144. How are you guys doing?
  • Tom still around...
  • Quote: Ian, you should probably avoid Brussels and Turkey then, along with Greece, Chile, Hungary and Wales. Go to Iran instead.

The faster on/faster off principle doesn't apply to me, unfortunately. Reason why I have a morbid fear of weight gain.
    Agreed, it a lot easier to gain weight than lose it. Remember it's a total lifetime change with your personal relationship with food.

What has really helped me is a free app on most smart phones called myfitnesspal, so as long as you've got an internet connection, no matter where in the world you are, you can keep track of what you're eating so those pounds don't sneak up on you.

It will also sync with your fit bit and Jawbone UP to track your steps, calories burned during the day, etc. Very easy and very helpful weight loss tools.
  • Thanks, Kscott. I actually have my fitness pal and will use it when I get to stabilization and maintenance. I'm using the plan from Metabolic Research Center: low carb, low fat, high protein, similar to Ideal Protien Diet, so I'm not tracking calories, just servings of the food types allowed at each meal.

I FINALLY broke the plateau! Down 3 pounds this morning. What a relief.

How are the rest of you doing? Hope your hanging in there!
  • Sorry I haven't been posting, but we just went through a move. Needless to say, I'm back at the starting point plan wise. But, oh well! Glad to hear you guys are doing so well. Congrats on breaking that plateau!
    I'm back on track again now and very determined.