I recently had surgery, so I am stuck at home for a while and can't exercise or drive.
In order to keep myself from going to the refrigerator all day, I have discovered a few ways to try to distract myself from eating, especially on a day like today when I feel like bingeing. These don't always work perfectly, but I have to find ways to not eat.
1. I get on 3FCs and look at my current weight and goal weight. Then I read everyone's posts to keep myself focused.
2. I go to the farthest part of the house from the refrigerator. Once I am physically away from the kitchen, I focus on other things and mostly forget about food.
3. This may sound weird, but taking a shower or bath, or even wiping a damp washcloth on my face takes my mind off of eating and is very relaxing to me.
4. I place a heating pad on my stomach. For some reason, it calms me.
5. I listen to soft or classical music. Again, it helps me forget about food.
6. Brushing my teeth and rinsing my mouth with an antibacterial rinse has been very effective at discouraging me from eating or drinking.
7. I spend a lot of time time cuddling or playing with my cats.
8. I will talk to my DH or call a friend.
9. I drink more liquids, especially water. This fills me up and is sometimes all that I really needed.
10. Sleeping longer, or improving the quality of my sleep, has kept me from eating due to fatigue.
Has anyone else discovered ways to avoid eating?