I avoided a binge!

• I've been avoiding a lot of binges lately and this is the first time that I can look back over the last couple of months and realize that my binging has reduced drastically. Last night I avoided a binge, I'm cutting and pasting from another thread but here's the story:

I expected to binge because I got out of work at 10pm and hadn't eaten anything since lunch at 1pm. I knew I wouldn't get a chance to eat until late and I had even given myself permission to go through a drive thru early on in the day. Once I got off work, hungry as heck and equipped with permission to stop at the nearest fast food place I realized I had no desire at all to go through with it. It just didn't appeal to me, I couldn't think of any fast food joint that sounded good. So I drove home and finally sat down to some french bread with camembert and fig jam, and a small bowl of cheetos. Ok, not exactly the most nutritious late night dinner however, I didn't overeat, I enjoyed every bite and I didn't binge. I know someone else who's dieting would feel all sorts of guilt for eating that sort of thing late at night but for me it was a pleasant and welcome relief not to feel that compulsion to binge.
  • Very nice. I've come to not enjoy eating food quickly. I don't like the way it makes me feel. I've had a few people try to rush me to eat quicker so I can do something else, or to eat while doing something. I've put my foot down a few times. I'm going to eat and not do anything else. I'm privileged that I can do this for most meals. I don't have kids and my job allows me to eat (mostly) without interruption.
  • Congrats on avoiding the binge!!!
  • Congrats!!
  • That is fantastic news!!!!!! It really is a huge victory!!!!! Actually, I think the meal you chose sounds yummy!!!!!!

• Well done!
  • Also, I didn't overdo it the next day either which is even a bigger victory. Thanks all!
  • I'm proud of you! Enjoy how solid you feel right now and use it as new motivation/momentum. And keep it up!
  • Congrats! It's not easy. I've been avoiding them all week and failed on Mon and Tues