3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Chicks in Control

Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Binge Free In March

Old 03-11-2014, 05:26 AM   #16

S/C/G: 138.6/122.4/120

Height: 5ft 5"

nice to c everyone doin well and to c everyones experiences-it really helps :-) iv now done 15days binge free thats not been easy but just trying to look ahead and think of what im acheiving for myself-and iv lost 10lbs so far so hoping it wont take long to lose the last 8.6lbs but not going to worry about it-wen it goes it goes!
wen i do reaxh my goal i then need to work out how to maintain my weight-anyone got any advice on that?
thanks everyone and glad we can help each other :-)
LittleMissNiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 12:52 PM   #17

S/C/G: 175/ticker/142-138

Height: 5'5"

Last night I caught myself before I let things get out of hand. I was feeling some type of way when I left the gym that put me in a not so good mood. Anyway I probably ate more than I should have but I didn't binge. I also noticed that I was full after dinner but not stuffed, so I'll call it a victory but it was hard not to cram all my emotions down my throat, then I thought about having to start all over and changed my mind.
Old 03-12-2014, 08:57 PM   #18
Back Again Bessie

S/C/G: 186/??/120

Height: 5'2"

I'm going to join in, if that's ok. I'm really struggling and it's packing on the pounds like mad.
PintSizedTerror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 01:05 PM   #19
Battling Binge Eating

S/C/G: 228/179/150

Height: 5'5 1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PintSizedTerror View Post
I'm going to join in, if that's ok. I'm really struggling and it's packing on the pounds like mad.

You sure can. Glad you found us.

Dr yesterday and two more prescriptions one a mega antibiotic and a steroid..these I add to the steroid nasal spray and this new antibiotic to do what the last couldn't..I will take it for 10 days. Ive been ill since last Friday, home and off work. I was getting worse instead of better and finally yesterday went back to Dr after 5 days of being sick...phenomena (walking) and an intense sinus infection...yucky tonsils and swollen lymph nodes..I had practically. Lost my voice the day before and was coughing blood. Husband said GO BACK TO DR. So, after my Dr first told me it was a viral type issue and a cold, turned out to be a major illness within a few days.

I am still binge free, ok bit get this. In the 5 days since seeing the Dr I weighed in almost 3 pounds heavier. I'm lost, I don't get it anymore. I'm sick and depressed. How is this happening? When I binged I would gain and then lose it. Now, I don't binge and I keep gaining, and I'm eating healthy. If I felt better I might dwell on it and start eating badly but. I'm trying to forget. Advice? The Dr had already lectured me last week over all my gaining, the 30 lbs, and then to gain MORE I wanted to hide.

Lets see, this week ive been off, bills going thru roof, x still not working g and no child support since Dec. My husbands child support has been raised so our income dropped even more, my kids needed shoes, I had to pay for my two Dr visits and tx thank goodness insurance helped, and daughter tested me during the afternoon the over day asking if I knew why her dad was in jail? Typical week..hes serving out the last of a Dui sentence after he failed probation...hes been off from work due to injury since Dec and has argued for months that support was taken out of his workers comp then it was all his case workers fault and he had been calling her etc..Friday he tells me its not his fault because he had been trying to reach his case worker for weeks and wont call back..then in the next breath he says well I found out I don't have a case worker..make up your kind. Then he wanted me to sign a letter for chide support saying he had been paying support directly to me outta his workers comp money..told him no. Well, I wasn't his best friend anymore after that, gee he even promised to pay me the support eventually all I had to do was sign the letter. I don't think so.. no, no stress this week.
mainecyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2014, 08:14 AM   #20

S/C/G: 175/ticker/142-138

Height: 5'5"

Wow Mainecyn you have a lot going on right now. I certainly hope you feel better soon and I'm so glad you didn't fall for signing that letter. As far as your weight I can't understand why you would be gaining if your eating healthy. Are you snacking throughout the day or maybe keeping your portions in check?

As for me I haven't been doing so well with the binging, but I will not give up. I will keep coming here to feed off all of you guys inspiration. Hopefully one day real soon I will have it under control.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:00 AM   #21
Battling Binge Eating

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaMac View Post
Wow Mainecyn you have a lot going on right now. I certainly hope you feel better soon and I'm so glad you didn't fall for signing that letter. As far as your weight I can't understand why you would be gaining if your eating healthy. Are you snacking throughout the day or maybe keeping your portions in check?

As for me I haven't been doing so well with the binging, but I will not give up. I will keep coming here to feed off all of you guys inspiration. Hopefully one day real soon I will have it under control.

I have been trying to find a happy medium, most days since I work there is no snacking at all. I will eat something either in the a.m. or lat morning early noon for lunch..then there is nothing till dinner. When I gained on that, I purposely tried eating three meals and two snacks (veggies or fruit), and I still gained..no grains, flours, or sugar. I am hoping my body "comes out" of this at some point. I figure I have totally screwed up my metabolism leaving my body unsure of what is going to happen? I am eating low carb again (all this week), no fruit, plenty of veggies, lean protein. I also have cut out my coffee with cream. I have cheese left, thats about the only other thing I could cut. I am in ketosis (burning fat) the strips say. So, I guess I am doing something right, just no results yet.

Quote:
As for me I haven't been doing so well with the binging, but I will not give up. I will keep coming here to feed off all of you guys inspiration. Hopefully one day real soon I will have it under control

You will! I am still counting my days and not at all sure how I did get this far, Jan. 19th the 1st binge free day, and here it is almost March 19th. I suppose eventually weight will come off, my body will adjust, and I wont turn to food for stress or emotional relief.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:07 AM   #22
Because I am.

S/C/G: 292/200/165

Height: 5' 7"

Mainecyn, it sounds like you're going through a lot but congratulations for not giving in the ex's request to basically sign off on receiving any child support. He sounds like a real tool. Keep the pressure up on him. His child needs shoes. Just keep reminding him of that.

Sorry to learn that you've been so sick. I had something similar that went on 4 weeks before the antibiotics finally took hold and I started feeling better. I've lost weight mostly because I've lost a lot of water. It sounds to me like the fluid in your lungs maybe part of what is registering as a weight gain. You're retaining fluids, that's all. Once the fluids are absorbed and processed through by your body, what looks like a gain on the scale will be gone again.

You have so much going on in your life, just staying focused and sticking to your program is tough, I'm sure, but you're doing a good job. Keep reminding yourself of that, each time you make a good choice. Give yourself that positive affirmation that you need.

I have been sticking to my program, though my calorie intake has been up by 150+/- calories over the last week. No increase in carbs but I've been relying on higher-fat meats and nut butter for not feeling like preparing salads and other vegetables. I need to get back to low-fat meats and stop eating almond butter. Now that my sinus infection has cleared up and I feel better, I'll start my workout routine again this weekend and spend time prepping low carb vegetables for the week ahead. With any luck, that will boost my weight loss over the coming week.

One for every 10 pounds lost; one for every 5 pounds lost:
worththeeffort2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2014, 05:25 AM   #23

mainecyn sorry to hear bout tough time ir goin thru-but that makes me admire u even more 4 bein so strong and staying binge free!im now on my 21st day binge free from junk but still not cut down completely on having too much fruit!but my theory is that better than chocolate isnt it..?!im slowly reducing my portions of fruit to no more than 2 servings a day as i find anymore than that can make me gain or not lose anything-i assume thats my type 1 diabetes-which is a shame as i love fruit!
try not to worry about gaining as if ur still binge free ur still acheiving a lot in my opinion and i sometimes hit a plateu which is so frustrating where i dont lose lbs but then suddenly i get a good result so it makes me carry on and not fall off the wagon-its all worth it in the end i really do believe u will get there just dokt give up!
i dont know if u ever have anytime free to urself but for exercise and stress relief-put on ur favourite song full blast and "SING LIKE NO ONES LISTENING AND DANCE LIKE NO ONES WATCHING"!also if u have time to workout and u gain muscle then that will start to burn fat and u will c results-theres lots of 10min workouts available now 2!

anyway just keep goin cos ur doin so well and its ppl like u and everyone on here that i look up 2 for support!thanks you :-)
Old 03-17-2014, 03:42 PM   #24
Battling Binge Eating

Quote:
Originally Posted by worththeeffort2 View Post
Mainecyn, it sounds like you're going through a lot but congratulations for not giving in the ex's request to basically sign off on receiving any child support. He sounds like a real tool. Keep the pressure up on him. His child needs shoes. Just keep reminding him of that.

Sorry to learn that you've been so sick. I had something similar that went on 4 weeks before the antibiotics finally took hold and I started feeling better. I've lost weight mostly because I've lost a lot of water. It sounds to me like the fluid in your lungs maybe part of what is registering as a weight gain. You're retaining fluids, that's all. Once the fluids are absorbed and processed through by your body, what looks like a gain on the scale will be gone again.

You have so much going on in your life, just staying focused and sticking to your program is tough, I'm sure, but you're doing a good job. Keep reminding yourself of that, each time you make a good choice. Give yourself that positive affirmation that you need.

I have been sticking to my program, though my calorie intake has been up by 150+/- calories over the last week. No increase in carbs but I've been relying on higher-fat meats and nut butter for not feeling like preparing salads and other vegetables. I need to get back to low-fat meats and stop eating almond butter. Now that my sinus infection has cleared up and I feel better, I'll start my workout routine again this weekend and spend time prepping low carb vegetables for the week ahead. With any luck, that will boost my weight loss over the coming week.

I can relate, the sinus infection issue is awful. I have the last of that clearing up, as well as the lungs. What is odd is even with antibiotics, and as time passes, I've noticed that sinus wise some days are better than others, how about you? I have alot of "drainage" at times during the day while I'm active, then at night before bed my head gets stuffy again, the headache comes and I find myself in the shower again trying to let the steam and heat help. My son has major sinus pain and headache going on with the last of his cold as well. The sinuses can lead to so many issues and it seems to take a long time for it to clear up.

Great idea on getting some prep work done. I know I can eat more veggies if I pay attention to having them on hand and easy to grab. I broke down last week and purchased a bag of fresh broccoli florets. I don't normally buy them in the bag all prepared like that, but I knew if I did I would actually eat them and not leave it in the fridge to spoil. I like taking a large handful of the broccoli and I dip it in Cesar salad dressing like chips and dip. This way I am getting my veggies, fiber and vitamins. The salad dressing helps to give it some kind of taste, and the added fat helps. I could eat plain veggies 24 hours a day and they don't do much for me as far as controlling appetite or taste good without a dip. Since I eat a lower carb diet, the dip and fat are allowed. I also use pea pods, and baby carrots. I can eat the carrots by the bag full, plain, if I'm not careful.

Some of the weight gain could be more and more water weight, your right. I know I couldn't get my rings off my fingers before, and still can't. I have upped the amount of water I am drinking today and hoping it might help. Who knows. I like to think so. I have not let myself get onto my bathroom scale and analyses my weight because I know its a horrible idea. The entire weight and eating thing are tied together-if the scale goes up I am more likely to eat and binge eat out of depression.

X, well thats a subject that never gets better. I know a lot of people complain about X spouses, or how terrible they are, how crazy or self centered they are etc, but in my case it is true. I spend years in silence with mental abuse, and unfaithful husband, his substance abuse and him running all over the place at all hours of the day and night with my kids and I at home. I can remember the judge in court saying how worthless, self centered, and manipulative, he was. Lets put it this way, his mother and grandmother volunteered to speak on my behalf on why he shouldn't have unsupervised visits, or custody. When he walked out, it was 6 months before heard from him again, he also "left" his parents etc. no contact with them either. There has been very limited contact with him until now that he wants something and needs someone to take care of him. I get stressed and ticked off. He needs someone to take him everywhere..43 years old and he hasn't had a car that runs in months. I am to the point of wanting to tell him you know what, I'm not bringing the kids to you anymore. I take them to him and pick them up.

I had to spend time around X yesterday at a birthday gathering at my former inlaws last night. I was so ready to leave, listening to his crap, how he knows everything even tho the info he gives is incorrect, and his obnoxious laugh. ugh..Anyway, I sat thru this for almost 2 hours, didn't over eat, didn't obsess over it..my kids and I wished their grandmother happy birthday and headed home. I was a little stressed when I got home but I made myself really pay attention and not let the idea of eating be an answer. I always turn to food, and I can't seem to just naturally turn to anything else. I was grumpy and emotional last night even hours later and I'm afraid it kind of came thru last night with my husband.

Another few days of not binge eating. I will take it. I thought I'd really feel stronger as time goes on but I still don't trust myself. Does anyone else feel like this? I hope that eventually food wont be the very first thing that pops into my mind as an answer-happy, sad, mad, stress, etc.

Quote:
im now on my 21st day binge free from junk but still not cut down completely on having too much fruit!but my theory is that better than chocolate isnt it..
It is! If you have to pick I would think it is much better to eat something healthy compared to eating anything with processed sugar, right? You are doing great, 21 days. I know so many people that can not make it thru the day without eating some kind of sugar or salty fat stuff like chips etc. My husband is skinny, but he has a "sweet tooth" and eats some form of candy, ice cream, donuts, etc each and every day. What upsets me is how is it someone like my skinny husband can eat this type of garbage and a dr doesn't tell him he shouldn't or should limit it? If he was over weight they would harp on him to stop eating these things-also have you noticed socially that people are way quicker to judge people like me or other over weight people if you see them with donuts, candy etc, yet if you are skinny no one ever thinks anything about it..if I went work every day with a donut like my husband does you know for a fact that someone would think to themselves "no wonder she is over weight look at what she eats"..but my husband, every day a doughnut, sugar laced coffee, and then candy at night or dessert..

Long morning at work today as I am trying to catch up on a weeks worth of things I have sitting on my desk, and keep up with the current work as well. I worked 5 hours, then took my lunch break. I ran to the store to pick up soup for my daughter and a few items, then came home and got started on preparing dinner so it can just go into the oven when my husband gets home. I prepared a large pan of pan fried potatoes to go with it (for them), unloaded and loaded the dishwasher, cleaned the counters, gathered laundry, and now I'm getting ready to go back to work.
Old 03-17-2014, 07:42 PM   #25

S/C/G: 213/157/153

Height: 5 ft. four inches

MainCyn, you are doing great. You are binge free, and that's what counts.

It was my birthday last weekend, and I binged all weekend, so today is day 7 binge free for me. It is very hard not to turn to food when we are upset, isn't it?

I had a crappy day today, and I am proud of myself for "drowning my sorrows" with sugar-free, fat-free home made hot chocolate. Wow. I can really party, can't I.
Valkyrie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 09:09 PM   #26

mainecyn thanks again for the encouraging words :-) i know wat u mean about ppl judging non skinny ppl and not thinking skinny ppl r unhealthy wen eating junk-thats wat ppl dont realise-being thin doesnt mean ur healthy!
my boyf eats junk all day and does no excersise at all-to me he is not overweight but the statistics say he is-i dont personally go by official statistics,if i feel good in general and fit etc and eating healthy food getting nutrients etc-so basically happy then thats better than goin by a reading on a scale!
talking of numbers i had a good result this week-lost 3lbs and 1/2 inch off my waist so im glad that im managing to make progress!shame my boyf wasnt v supportive-as usual-about my good result tho-he had a go at me about making sure wen i reach my target i stay there and dont binge to gain weight-he thinks its easy to just not eat-he dont get that everyday i want to eat what he has and more and not have to count cals etc-just told him not to b so patronising and that its my health and my body!he cant expect me never to eat treats ever again in my life!of course i dont want to binge and i know i need to learn how to enjoy food in moderation but i know for me thats goin to take time to work out...but we will all get there :-)
Old 03-17-2014, 09:15 PM   #27

valkyrie1-well done on a week thats brill!and hope u enjoyed ur bday celebrations!
ur doin great so keep going!i know wat u mean-as soon as i get stressed i think of food and wat i want to eat!im stocked up with lots of different flavour teas that i have throughout the day to curb my cravings!:-)
Old 03-17-2014, 09:56 PM   #28

S/C/G: 213/157/153

Height: 5 ft. four inches

You're doing great, LittleMissNiki! Tell your bf to "stuff it" for me.
Valkyrie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 03:49 PM   #29
Battling Binge Eating

Quote:
I had a crappy day today, and I am proud of myself for "drowning my sorrows" with sugar-free, fat-free home made hot chocolate. Wow. I can really party, can't I.
It sounds wonderful. I wish I could do that kind of stuff. I have learned these past few months that it really doesn't matter if it is sugar free, fat free, etc. anything that is "chocolate", candy, or "healthy" chip type things, I eat and eat. I dont' know what the issue is except that it is the TASTE it has to be, the food itself. I have the same reaction, I want more and it kind of "wakes up" the urge to eat. I have tried for years to conquer that response, but it doesn't happen.

I have tried also just to focus on "healthy" types of sweet tasting things like fruit. I still binge on them. I don't know what it is about the sweetness but I can sit and eat an entire package of strawberries, raspberries, or blueberries, several even. I dont know what is wrong with me except if you want to get scientific maybe it is the actual sweet receptors on my tongue, the taste buds? Is that even an option? That they are oversensitive to sweetness?

Quote:
my boyf eats junk all day and does no excersise at all-to me he is not overweight but the statistics say he is-i dont personally go by official statistics,if i feel good in general and fit etc and eating healthy food getting nutrients etc-so basically happy then thats better than goin by a reading on a scale!
I am blessed, or curses if you look at it that way, to have my husband who can eat anything, no matter what it is, no matter how much, candy and sugar every day, and he wont gain. The man is like a humming bird, can not keep weight on. I love the man with all my heart.

I feel totally accepted by him, loved by him, and respected by my husband. It hasn't mattered to him what my size. When I first started losing weight I can still remember my the first time my husband hugged me from behind, and his arms circled me and he could lace his fingers. He stood there holding me and said "Wow, I can remember when I couldn't do this, wrap both arms around you and hold you"..he was right. In our wedding pictures his hands were all resting on my hips, he could hug me from behind and he couldn't get all the way around me. I was always self conscious about my weight and size, but he never ever mentioned. So, I was shocked when my husband began mentioning little things like that, I never thought he "saw the weight".

While I love my husband and believe that he loves me no matter what my size I myself am overly self conscious and embarrassed by our size difference, still. He has no body fat, none whatsoever, and there is no saggy skin, stretch marks, or flab anywhere. At 53 he is still "firm" no gravity going on at all. I can't help but compare myself to him, and feel I am "less" than he is. At times my husband will come up and hug me, rub my back, or even touch my bottom and the first thing I do is think does he notice how flat and saggy my bottom is? Let me stand up straight or at an angle so he cant feel the back fat going on. Is it horrible to feel this way, to feel almost trapped, that I can't hide these imperfections from him?

I worked til lunch, ran to the store, came home to take care of my daughter that is home sick. I got laundry going, unloaded groceries, and began dinner. I put chicken Marsala on for dinner, browning the boneless chicken thighs, making the sauce, tossing in the mushrooms, its all in a pyrex dish waiting to go in the oven when I get home. I'm making rice in the rice cooker right now, everyone else will be eating that with their chicken. I have learned it is so much easier just making most of dinner the afternoon during lunch. It saves me time, and makes the time after work less stressful and I wont snack after work with dinner all ready to go.

I have to find something to eat for lunch and go back to work. I haven't eaten yet. It just dawned on me that I hadn't eaten yet today. I'm not hungry, but I better since I haven't eaten anything since dinner last night.

No binge eating, no over eating, no cravings so far for chips, candy, chocolate, etc. I am doing this. I am focusing on the positive and reminding myself that the reaction to anything is my own. If I get upset I get upset first. It is what happens after I get upset, the decision to deal with these feelings, or to immediately turn to food. I hope it this type of behavior will eventually just be a normal reaction. I want to "untrain" myself and change the behavior. I do remember this much from the brain over binge book saying that you really can change your brains reactions, that eventually those areas that respond with binge eating will fade, that those connections decrease until they eventually disappear. I don't know, sounds too good to be true.

I am not sure if it is really doing anything but I am trying to keep myself busy during "down time" at night. Last night we watched a dvd, Nebraska. Tonight, we will watch another movie, and my rule has been (for myself) no snacks during movies or tv. This is new for me. If my husband is taking a bath I no longer allow myself to eat anything at all, this used to be time I would find myself binge eating. So, if he isn't in the bedroom with me I now try to play cards on my kindle, or occupy myself somehow with anything but food. I don't want to start eating alone, it is too much like "hiding" what I am eating and not being accountable for whats going in my mouth. I know I wont over eat or binge eat with my husband in the room, never have and never will, its all about the privacy during that act of binge eating.

I hope everyone has a great day today and we make it thru the week. We can do this, right? We are doing this, right now!

Last edited by mainecyn : 03-18-2014 at 03:54 PM.
Old 03-19-2014, 05:43 AM   #30

thanks valkyrie1 lol iv just learnt to ignore his silly comments now and just find myself something to do as a distraction whereas as b4 i would just raid the cupboards!i know deep down he does care for me-i think he thinks im punishing myself for eating healthy-he dont understand that it benefits me and i enjoy healthy food and i dont need to eat junk that is nice at the time but not with the aftermath of weight gain,guilt,high blood sugas etc...im sure it will all work out!

mainecyn once again by sharing ur experiences u hage helped me to turn on a lightbulb in my head and i really appreciate that!thanks ever so much and pleas do believe that ur r an amazing person and ur husband loves u no matter if ur thin,short,fat tall whatever and u should try loving urself the way he loves u :-)
u said u like to have fruit-have u ever tried eating frozen fruit?my trick is i hage either a weighed out portion of grapes or strawberries from the freezer-they take longer to eat so more satisfying and u dont eat as much!

hope u have a brilliant day!and believe in urselves!i believe in u!:-)
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.