Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 01-31-2014, 08:20 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainecyn View Post
You get it!!! I have tried explaining many times in the past and I have used the words BINGE, out of control. I used to try to explain it and tell him I "binge eat" and he'd say well just watch what you eat or eat less or "you will stop if you want and if you don't well you don't" I couldn't get him to totally grasp or open his eyes as to what it was, and what I needed. When I was at my heaviest and losing weight he told me if I wanted his support he'd give it. However, support is basically always, well you have willpower, your the strongest person I know, you can do this I have faith in you. I tried talking to him about binging over vacation and told him I had gained about 15 lbs and needed to stop, how I just can't seem to..he didn't get it. He has no concept of what it really is and I've tried to say no its not just "over eating once in a while".
Your partner may or may not understand that this is a disease. But don't let that stop you from seeking the help that you need.

I found this video on anorexia really helpful. Of course anorexia and binge eating disorder are 2 different things. But it may help you find a way to explain to your hubby that there are some things out of your control. I really wish this doctor would do a similar lecture on binge eating. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEysOExcwrE
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:29 AM   #17  
Battling Binge Eating

S/C/G: 228/179/150

Height: 5'5 1/2

thank you for the info and the link. You are right. Its not that my husband doesn't understand and doesn't care about what I may be going thru, like most people who have no food issues what soever, he doesn't understand how you can binge eat and it be a disorder..yet he understand bulimia and anorexia. To him, you just stop eating so much, again not understanding that its the action, the emotion, etc that is tied to the binge eating its not about being hungry for me at all.
mainecyn is offline   Reply With Quote