3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Chicks in Control

Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Daily Positive Self-Affirmation

Old 01-18-2014, 11:04 AM   #16
Because I am.

S/C/G: 292/200/165

Height: 5' 7"

Mrs. Snark, thank you for your kind thoughts and hugs. It has been difficult getting use to my little furball not being around the house. I do miss her but am thankful I found the strength to not use my mourning as reason or excuse to binge.

Mainecyn, I am sorry for the difficulties you have experienced in your life. Congratulations on making the decision to take control and start the work you need to do to rebuild your self esteem. Congratulations on finishing a huge project at work and doing a fantastic job with it. When you say something negative to yourself, try to catch it and think, "Would I say that to a child?" If you would not abuse a child that way, why abuse yourself that way? Tell yourself immediately that you're sorry and you didn't really mean it. Affirm that, "I am a giving, caring person and I deserve good things."

I've been doing an awesome job of sticking to my diet and exercise program. When the scale slowed and stood still for a couple weeks, I was feeling discouraged but adopted the mantra, "I just need to keep going" and it worked! I've stuck to my program and this morning I saw a 2.2 pound loss for this week. I am so proud of myself for sticking with it and working hard. I can do this!

One for every 10 pounds lost; one for every 5 pounds lost:
worththeeffort2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 12:13 PM   #17
banned

S/C/G: 25/21.6/0

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for starting this thread, because you reminded me of another important aspect I need to incorporate into my new lifestyle change, that being, daily affirmations!

I used to do a general Louise Hay one years ago... it really worked. Every morning I'd wake up, look in the mirror, and pull a Stewart Smalley (old SNL reference for you youngsters):

"I love and accept you, Dakini. You are...."

... and then I'd fill in the "You are...." sentence with lots of positive things said as if they were truly happening right now, in the moment. Kind of a manifestation, if you will. For example, I might say, "You have a great job and get along well with your co-workers" even if I didn't have a job at the time. And, of course, I'd fill it with things like, "You are compassionate, beautiful, intelligent," etc. Then I'd end it again by saying, "I love and accept you, Dakini. You are having a great day today!"

It sounds corny and you may not believe everything you say to your mirror in the beginning, but after awhile, really does work and feel good. You almost end up feeling like you are in control of your day and nothing's gonna get you down. Even after doing it again for the first time in years this morning, I already feel and think "brighter," if that makes any sense (and this is coming from someone who has been suffering with severe depression/negative thinking for years).
Dakini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2014, 08:50 PM   #18
Because I am.

I started my day feeling very frustrated with myself for no good reason but after challenging myself to do 30 minutes on the elliptical, I was feeling really strong. After the elliptical, I did a 43 minute low-impact aerobic workout. I am really proud of myself for focusing on creating new, healthy eating and workout habits. I am doing amazing things for myself and I totally deserve the positive treatment!

Old 01-20-2014, 10:57 AM   #19

I can lose weight and I will lose weight. I am good I am strong I can do it!
neelia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:36 AM   #20
Gotta gotta be fresh.

S/C/G: 164.5/147.7/135

Height: 5'4"

I will lose weight. It's critical to my well being. Must must must.
LilDazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 02:18 PM   #21
Down The Rabbit Hole

S/C/G: 217.6/212.4/200

Height: 5'1.6"

This is brilliant, I never would have thought of this. Positive thoughts and positive energy will see us through, won't it. I too am in the habit of calling myself negative things in the moment without thinking. Looks like I've got to change more than the physical, I have to change my mind too.

I am beautiful. I am smart, and I am sexy, and I am cute, and I am going to be the leading lady of my own life this year.

3 FAT CHICKS FOR THE WIN!!!
Alice In ONEderland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 07:33 PM   #22
L.*.V.E.

S/C/G: 336/277/120

Height: 5'6

Default negative self talk!

I really need to work on negative self talk. I say I'm stupid all the time. I really put myself down and thats no way to be so I pray for positive feelings and happiness.

I am beautiful inside and out, I have a loving heart and help others. I am kind and giving. I will not stop fighting this battle with my weight, health, depression and addiction. I will be understanding and kind to myself and others. I will love myself with my whole heart. I will not judge or compare myself or others. I will be strong and confident but not cocky or arrogant. I will take time everyday to expand my mind and spirituality. I will let go of things I can't control and take charge of the things I can. I will smile and laugh and find peace within.

I will meditate everyday while saying this. Fake it till you make it.

arerefngela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:54 PM   #23
Food and Wine Lover

S/C/G: Goal Weight: 125

Height: 5'3"

I am a beautiful woman and I will treat my body and mind with respect.

I wouldn't feed my 18 year old pug a bagful of Smarties, so why would I do that to myself???
Chardonnay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 08:56 PM   #24
Food and Wine Lover

My condolences Worththeeffort2, I'll be in your situation sooner than later I think...my wonder dog is well past his expected age, when I hear of other people losing their furbabies, it makes me hug him all that much tighter.
Old 01-22-2014, 09:23 AM   #25

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Is there an app for daily affirmations? Negative self talk is innevitable, the media treats women like crap. We're judging each other all the time, it's hard not to judge ourselves. As women we're also taken for granted.

I write like index cards with motivational quotes that I put up in my walk in closet. It helps to see positive thoughts and constant reminders of what's at stake.

Make the most of yourself, for that is all there is of you." ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

“If you try to lose weight by shaming, depriving and fearing yourself, you will end up shamed, deprived, and afraid.” Geneen Roth
Wannabeskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2014, 09:47 AM   #26
Goal: flight

S/C/G: 250/245/165

Height: 5'7"

My prior failures have no effect on future successes!

Yes, this is a reboot of sorts, and I have been unsuccessful in the past, but that has nothing to do with today and tomorrow. I own this!
OthelloLove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2014, 09:19 PM   #27
Because I am.

I agree, Alice in ONEderland, having positive thoughts and compassion for yourself if a very important part of the journey each of us take. It is all part of being committed to living a healthier life. I am working very hard with my program. I am making good choices and staying on track. I am exercising and getting stronger. I can do this. I will do this. I am so proud of myself for putting myself first.

Old 01-26-2014, 10:27 AM   #28
Because I am.

I am profoundly excited to embrace the number on the scale this morning. I am so proud of myself for my determination to just keep working at my weight loss efforts, even when results don't show on the scale. This is a wonderful day.

Old 01-26-2014, 07:46 PM   #29

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Height: 5'7"

I've had this issue most of my life. After spending years believing all of the negative things that pop into my head, I've made a lot of progress over recent years.

I'm reading a book called May cause miracles by Gabby Bernstein. she has a lot of good information on positive self talk and letting go of things that no longer serve you.

Here's her site:
http://gabbyb.tv

These are her 5 daily affirmations for 2014. I have them my phone and repeat them when I need them:
- My willingness leads the way
- When I focus on what is joyful in my life, I bring more joy into my life
- I am supported
- I am heathy!
- I am happy, I am free.

I've been working through her book and using her videos for a few weeks and i thnk it's really making a difference for me!

"Slow down to go fast..." - Mike

Last edited by BethC : 01-26-2014 at 07:54 PM.
BethC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 09:47 PM   #30
Food and Wine Lover

I will keep up my challenge with pleasure and forget the water weight...it WILL flush away!
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.