3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Chicks in Control

Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Binge Free and Over Eating in January

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-29-2014, 02:47 PM   #76
Battling Binge Eating
 
mainecyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 301

S/C/G: 228/179/150

Height: 5'5 1/2

Default

It sounds like your still doing well,11 days way to go, congratulations. Moving is a major stews event and don't envy you. You mention eating and it does sound more "normal" because your right, in binge mode an entire restaurant buffet wouldn't be enough for me.

I am still doing well, no binges, but I'm feeling the effects of so many binges my pants are very tight and uncomfortable.I also have begun adjusting my clothes to try to keep the new flabby hanging over my pants from showing. Over 20 lbs, its so said all I have gained these past couple months. I stepped on the scale this morning and couldn't quite tell if I had gained another pound. If so its got to be the nuts I'm eating and the sodium from them as well. I remember telling myself last night no more nuts and no more smacks after dinner. Then my husband came to bed with a Carton of ice cream and I caved and began eating smoked almonds. I didn't over eat them and did really well but I broke my own rule an hour or so after making it
__________________
Calorie Counter
Embrace your inner SNAIL, be comfortable in your own shell
BINGE FREE SINCE 1/19/2014 AND COUNTING
mainecyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 05:53 PM   #77
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 24

Default

I found that every time i made a 'rule' not to eat a certain thing, or even eat anything, i would immediately break the rule and then eat far more of it than i would have initially. So now i don't make that rule. I dunno if its just my contrary brain that says if i can;t have something i want it more. But try to stop giving your self rules and restrictions and see if that helps any.
orangesmartie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 07:05 PM   #78
Battling Binge Eating
 
mainecyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 301

S/C/G: 228/179/150

Height: 5'5 1/2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangesmartie View Post
I found that every time i made a 'rule' not to eat a certain thing, or even eat anything, i would immediately break the rule and then eat far more of it than i would have initially. So now i don't make that rule. I dunno if its just my contrary brain that says if i can;t have something i want it more. But try to stop giving your self rules and restrictions and see if that helps any.

That's the odd thing, I had that discussion with myself a week ago and then I noticed that I just kept leaning towards snacking on nuts again, or swinging into the coffee shop "just this once". I seem to be trying to find where the boundary is. I have said to myself several times this week to just try to focus on eating whole, healthy foods, that if I have to restrict things I am still not going to develop a healthy relationship with food. But, there has to be a middle group, right. I don't' want to say that one thing is totally forbidden, just still trying to figure out how I can eat certain things and not have issues or cause binges.
__________________
Calorie Counter
Embrace your inner SNAIL, be comfortable in your own shell
BINGE FREE SINCE 1/19/2014 AND COUNTING
mainecyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 06:01 PM   #79
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 24

Default

Hi All, really struggling tonight. Its been a very emotional day, for one reason and another and I'm feeling tired and overwhelmed. And i find myself looking to food to quiet it down.

Oddly though, the binge-monster is not present. It is not roaring and stamping through my head. In fact, my head is strangely quiet.

So i don't know whats going on. Physiologically I'm not hungry. something in my brain is clicking for food, but its a quiet rumble, not an all-consuming screech.

I very nearly gave in. I thought i could have a bowl of cereal. No harm right? but how would i know that would be the end? So instead I've logged on here and am posting just rambles that are in my head. Just another distraction technique.
orangesmartie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 07:38 PM   #80
Senior Member
 
Locke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Berkeley, CA
Posts: 463

Default

I've been fighting off binge urges today. Instead of eating intuitively I started trying to do a very low carb diet this past week. It made me super sick and now I'm having the urge to binge on sugar. *sigh* I've eaten way too many sweets throughout the workday today but I haven't had a proper binge. As long as I can make it past the drugstore on the walk to the bus station without stopping to load up on sweets I think it will be okay.
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 08:41 AM   #81
Battling Binge Eating
 
mainecyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 301

S/C/G: 228/179/150

Height: 5'5 1/2

Default

Quote:
very nearly gave in. I thought i could have a bowl of cereal. No harm right? but how would i know that would be the end? So instead I've logged on here and am posting just rambles that are in my head. Just another distraction technique.
Sounds like you are really doing well thinking about what you are eating before you eat it-late night cereal is a major binge item for me. Your right to take a pause, you know yourself best. I cant count the times I got "just one bowl of cereal" because I was craving it and promised I'd stop at just one..well, one box laterand I'd be dragging my crumb covered self back to bed. I have even gone so far as "starting out" with a healthier choice of cereal and tell myself see how good I am well, then I'm going back for another, and then that carb monster is awake and I find myself digging for the kids cereal I've got for the kids. Thats just "normal" carb craving form me, not binge eating. When I binge I find it almost impossible to do so on cereal, I mean I have but it is hard to eat fast.

Quote:
Instead of eating intuitively I started trying to do a very low carb diet this past week. It made me super sick and now I'm having the urge to binge on sugar. *sigh* I've eaten way too many sweets throughout the workday today but I haven't had a proper binge. As long as I can make it past the drugstore on the walk to the bus station without stopping to load up on sweets I think it will be okay
I had great success with lc for years. I had found the first time I followed a low carb life style, my cravings for carbs totally died. My binge eating was totally gone for almost 3 years, I quit smoking, and lost weight, all at once. It was amazing. I had the headache, grumpy and dizzy sick feeling, for several days, but once I past it I felt physically great. My issue since has been i never addressed the mental or emotional reasons i ate carbs, not the physical ones. I use them to binge so obviously there is an issue there.

Just how low carb are you doing? how many days has it been? I know the first two weeks I found it best to make sure I was eating at least 20grams of natural carbs-tons of salad veggies, and got plenty of protein, if not you are depriving yourself of so many different types of foods that its all you think of. Hang in there. I am trying to eat lower carb lately. I am not following the super strict style I had with atkins induction, but lately more focused on the 2 or 3rd phase to learn to eat whole foods and not feel so deprived-I am eating greek yogurt for breakfast right now-cherry..I snack on nuts (although I probably eat to many ), rolled up sundried tomato turkey breast with cream cheese, things like that. It helps me feel more incontrol and are easy to grab when i feel the urge to eat.

I text an online friend of mine yesterday. He and I have been friends for more than 10 years..he also has ability to find any single book I am looking for online. He sent me brain over binge. I am going to start reading it. I agree right away with the first thing read "an eating disorder provides solutions to one's problems in life and is not simply about food and weight" If anyone is interested I have it on my kindle and could also send it to them.

Heading to work, feeling pretty good this morning. Was happier at who was staring back at me in the mirror this morning. After all its been awhile since last binge. I am dreading the weekend. These are the times I binge (all three step kids will be here as well) the level the house reaches when they are here is crazy.I will try to hang on. We can do this, right?
__________________
Calorie Counter
Embrace your inner SNAIL, be comfortable in your own shell
BINGE FREE SINCE 1/19/2014 AND COUNTING
mainecyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 11:55 AM   #82
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 24

Default

Cyn, if you find its all getting a bit much with all the kids in your house, is there a quiet area you can retreat to to just relax for a bit, take a cuppa and a book? Maybe a hot bath? I know when we have the kids (my nephew, 18months and my partner's goddaughter, aged 8) that i find it too much and i retreat to my bedroom to calm down and destress for half an hour. If you can, let your husband know tonight, so you can just say to him when you need to, i'm going for a time out.
orangesmartie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 01:07 PM   #83
Senior Member
 
Locke's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Berkeley, CA
Posts: 463

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainecyn View Post
Just how low carb are you doing? how many days has it been? I know the first two weeks I found it best to make sure I was eating at least 20grams of natural carbs-tons of salad veggies, and got plenty of protein, if not you are depriving yourself of so many different types of foods that its all you think of. Hang in there. I am trying to eat lower carb lately. I am not following the super strict style I had with atkins induction, but lately more focused on the 2 or 3rd phase to learn to eat whole foods and not feel so deprived-I am eating greek yogurt for breakfast right now-cherry..I snack on nuts (although I probably eat to many ), rolled up sundried tomato turkey breast with cream cheese, things like that. It helps me feel more incontrol and are easy to grab when i feel the urge to eat.

I text an online friend of mine yesterday. He and I have been friends for more than 10 years..he also has ability to find any single book I am looking for online. He sent me brain over binge. I am going to start reading it. I agree right away with the first thing read "an eating disorder provides solutions to one's problems in life and is not simply about food and weight" If anyone is interested I have it on my kindle and could also send it to them.

Heading to work, feeling pretty good this morning. Was happier at who was staring back at me in the mirror this morning. After all its been awhile since last binge. I am dreading the weekend. These are the times I binge (all three step kids will be here as well) the level the house reaches when they are here is crazy.I will try to hang on. We can do this, right?
I was eating less than 20 carbs/day for about a week. Brain over binge is a great book. I don't agree with everything the author says but it's changed how I view my eating disorder. I feel like less of a victim now, even though I still struggle. I haven't binged since I've read it. I've overeaten, had too many sweets but none of that mindless food-stuffing monster type behavior from a true binge. I'm going to keep trying at the ketogenic diet. I think I didn't drink enough water and my electrolytes were out of balance. I'm interested in it because I want to preserve my lean muscle mass during weight loss. We'll see how it goes!
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Binge Free and Overeating Free in December thesame7lbs Chicks in Control 70 01-01-2014 01:05 PM
January Binge-Free Challenge danzingurl77 Chicks in Control 157 02-01-2013 11:57 AM
Binge Free Challenge: 7.18.11 - 7.24.11 Vixsin Chicks in Control 68 07-24-2011 08:05 PM
Binge-free week, Jan 1st Start telemetrynurse Chicks in Control 34 01-07-2007 11:40 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:35 PM.






Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.2