Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 11-01-2013, 09:34 AM   #1  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Default Binge Free and Overeating Free in November

New thread for November.

November and December -- tough months for those of us who have problems with overeating and binging! Junky foods all around, social pressure, holiday parties, family gatherings, yikes!

If you would like to stop your old habit of binging or overeating, please join us! It's not about being perfect, it's about changing habits. Little by little, we can stop this destructive behavior together. It takes time to reach this goal of not turning to food when we become emotional, but we can do this together.

Let's be binge free or overeating free this month!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 11-01-2013 at 09:34 AM.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:42 AM   #2  

S/C/G: 147/147/135 HW - 190

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone! I'm going to try and join in this month! Last month was a bad month for me with overeating and binging as I was visiting my family who make me very stressed and have bad eating habits. I'm going to try and really stay on track this month. I'm one of those people who doesn't like to speak up if when i'm not doing well. Hope everyone has a great November!!
LisaTcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:00 AM   #3  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 141/see ticker/no more meds

Height: 5'2"

Thank you for starting this thread, Mrs S

For whatever reason, I am so thankful for this thread, where as in real life if I were stuck with a group who felt the need to talk about one's feelings and hug it out on a daily basis, I'd pluck out my eyes with a soup spoon.

Roll on Thanksgiving!

Welcome Lisa!
momwithdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:15 AM   #4  
Michelle the Vegan

Later today, Momwithdogs will be leading us in a round of Kumbayah. Don't miss it.

Old 11-01-2013, 10:54 AM   #5  
Battling Binge Eating

S/C/G: 228/179/150

Height: 5'5 1/2

I finished out October on a high note, been more than a week since my last "binge". I have been eating clean and keeping control of myself, shocked and happy. Its been a day to day thing, but I'm doing it. Halloween is a difficult time. This is the first year that I haven't gotten up early to hit the stores and buy up all the leftover halloween candy that I can get ahold of. My thought process has always told me, well if your gonna binge might as well save money. So, i would go out and buy $20-30 worth of chocolate candy, stash them away and feel confident with myself.

I haven't stepped on the scale because I don't want to upset myself with no loss. But, I have done well and gotten stronger every day eating low carb again. I also have reminded myself that low carb doesn't mean over eating on other items and not counting calories that I have always needed to count because I gain over a certain amount of calories no matter low carb or not.
mainecyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 11:24 AM   #6  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 141/see ticker/no more meds

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Snark View Post
Later today, Momwithdogs will be leading us in a round of Kumbayah. Don't miss it.

Don't forget to bring your guitar and the kool-aid!
momwithdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 12:00 PM   #7  

S/C/G: 174/167/145

Height: 5'8

I was doing very well last weekend- no binging, I was on my feet a lot, monday went well, and tuesday ended with a bad binge of corn chips, salsa, no bake cookies (essential wads of chocolate, peanutbutter, and sugar), and cereal. Wednesday was good, I even managed to stop a binge!,
Yesterday was Halloween and I was a little loose. I had a minor binge, but I was good for the rest of the night.

And today is officially Day 1 of no binging, no minor ones. I worked out this morning for a half hour (not too long, but at least I'm getting back into morning work outs), had a good breakfast, and now lunch- soup and bread.

I also weighed myself for the first time in months today- 170lbs. I was shocked! I thought it was going to be a lot more. So this is good, and good motivation!

I hope we all have great weekends! It's going to be another busy one for me, but at least I will be active and have no time to binge!
MeganTheMushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 06:35 PM   #8  

S/C/G: GW: 125

Well, unfortunately I am not here to report on my Halloween success or even my today-so-far success, but at least I got a good laugh courtesy of MomWithDogs and Mrs. Snark -- so thank you, ladies!

Looking forward to working with everyone here to make November binge-free, OA-free, and full of smilies.

(never noticed that one before)
thesame7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 07:47 PM   #9  

S/C/G: 90kg/90kg/65kg

Height: 167cm

Cool im in!

Count me in!
I've had absolutely no control in october and gained back all the weight that i've lost and it needs to stop so im going to try and give my all to make this month binge free or at least eat in moderation and just enjoy myself once in a week with ONE cheat meal and not a cheat day. Its going to be tough though but its worth a shot. I can do this!!!!

Last edited by fatwillburnyou; 11-01-2013 at 07:47 PM.
fatwillburnyou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 09:27 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 174/167/145

Height: 5'8

Today was tough, and I definitely ate too much, but not nearly as much as I wanted too, and still want to, but I brushed my teeth and am done for the day.
Day 1 complete
MeganTheMushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2013, 10:22 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 198/198/168

Height: 5'9"

October wasn't a month to remember. Lets hope November will be better. November 1 wasn't that great. OK, who am I kidding, it was terrible, but what's one bad day when there are 29 more days to go.
Bilbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 12:54 AM   #12  
Struggling Member

S/C/G: 325/...../220

Height: 5' 11"

Hello I would like to join this thread for November. I will weigh in on Fridays. Starting out:
1 Nov.....0 lb lost
darius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:05 AM   #13  
Michelle the Vegan

Good morning ladies, hope the weekend is treating you right, or at least doesn't have you tied up with Twizzlers and locked in a closet!

I'm looking at the month ahead and mostly thinking: GAAAaaaaah! Already the parties have started (I have one to go to tonight). I've decided I'm going to start meditating every day, or at least doing some positive visualization quiet time (sometimes my mind is just too darn busy to truly meditate) to help me focus on my goals, and why they are important to me, and why they are worth the effort. I can use every advantage I can get!

What strategies are you planning to deal with the temptations of the month?

Welcome Lisa! It is certainly easier to talk about the good days than it is to talk about the bad ones. But sometimes coming and sharing a cruddy day can help stop a slide into more binging and help get the goals back in focus!

Mainecyn - You sound like you're in the groove and are feeling good, congratulations! My husband and I used to do the same thing with the after-holiday candy sales, we'd be waaay out of control. But no more!

Same7lbs - Hang in there, I'm glad the challenges of Halloween are behind us at least! I hate having candy in the house, even candy I can't eat because it isn't vegan just makes me think about candy all the time (like a zombie with braaaaaiiiinnnnnssss!). I swear I can SMELL the stuff from all the way across the house!

Fatwillburnyou - Welcome! You CAN do this!

Megan - Great job on completing Day 1! When you wake up this morning take some time to be proud of the fact that you completed day 1 and exercised restraint. Day 1 is so darn hard, it really is!

Hey Bilbi - there is still plenty of time to make November a good month, one day at a time!

Welcome Darius!
Old 11-02-2013, 10:28 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 147/147/135 HW - 190

Hi everyone! I made it through Halloween without eating any Halloween candy and then had a pretty awful day yesterday. I had an afternoon snack of 2 brownies and eggnog (I love it when this stuff hits the stores, it's my fav) and then went to the movies with my fiance and had a whole box of movie theatre candy. I felt bad but I came home and logged all my calories and I was at a semi OK 2200. I also did a Pilates and a spin class yesterday..so hopefully I won't gain. Today is a new day!

Megan - congrats on the way in!

Mrs. Snark - Thank you! This seems like a very supportive thread.

Mainecyn - That is a pretty good Halloween victory! I was sooo tempted at Target yesterday to buy tons of mini chocolate bars.
LisaTcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 11:50 AM   #15  

S/C/G: GW: 125

Bilbi, welcome! I had a horrible day yesterday, too. So bad I was up in the middle of the night with sweats, chills, and nausea. Ugh! The way I'm looking at it is... November can only get better!

Mainecyn, I'm so happy for you! You have made so much progress since you started posting.

Welcome, fatwillburn and darius! Let's make November great!

Megan, I need to remember the brushing-the-teeth idea. Even in the middle of the afternoon, maybe right after lunch to get me through to dinner.

LisaT, pat yourself on the back for tracking. I think that's an important step in taking responsibility for your actions (one that I have not been doing).

Mrs Snark, I need to come up with some strategies, but I'm feeling at a loss. I'm nervous because November 2010 is when I really spiraled out of control and began my worst period of binging. I know I am in full control of what I put in mouth and I am not doomed to repeat the past, but I wish I felt more powerful, less powerless. Redundant, I know, but I wish for both!
thesame7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote