Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 11-06-2013, 05:10 PM   #61  

S/C/G: 230/192/120

Height: 5'2

Day 1
Today was a decent re-start. Didn't eat between meals even though I was super tempted (in the interest of full disclosure, I caved and went out to get something from one of my favourite snack stalls, but as luck would have it, it was closed. I took it as a sign and came back home). It's 3:30 am right now, and I got a major case of the nighttime munchies because I didn't fill myself much during dinner, so I had a couple of raw tomatoes, cucumber and sweet lime.
ILoveVegetables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 06:40 AM   #62  
Began on 10/25/13

Well, my "free meal" ended up being more than it should have been. This might sound really odd, but it was kind of an experiment. I've read a lot lately about how carbs work in the body and how they're digested, and for me it definitely does seem like carbs leave me hungry sooner than healthier, more protein rich foods. Interesting to learn, but I don't think I should be repeating this particular experiment anytime soon. Also, my long awaited mini 100 Grand was not that awesome. The day's food did include strawberries and a bunch of raw veggies, so it wasn't all awful.

Back on track today, hopefully not too much harm done Also, the great big container of whey protein I ordered arrived yesterday, my husband and I tasted it. I got Optimum Nutrition Whey Isolate powder in the French Vanilla Creme flavor. It smells gross when mixed with milk (odd because it smells fine in the container), but tastes pretty decent. I'm going to try having some every other day or so for breakfast, hopefully it will be filling. Going to try it mixed with water this morning.

Last edited by HuggerBunny; 11-07-2013 at 06:42 AM.
HuggerBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 10:03 AM   #63  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 141/see ticker/no more meds

Height: 5'2"

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuggerBunny View Post
Well, my "free meal" ended up being more than it should have been. This might sound really odd, but it was kind of an experiment. I've read a lot lately about how carbs work in the body and how they're digested, and for me it definitely does seem like carbs leave me hungry sooner than healthier, more protein rich foods. Interesting to learn, but I don't think I should be repeating this particular experiment anytime soon. Also, my long awaited mini 100 Grand was not that awesome. The day's food did include strawberries and a bunch of raw veggies, so it wasn't all awful.

Back on track today, hopefully not too much harm done Also, the great big container of whey protein I ordered arrived yesterday, my husband and I tasted it. I got Optimum Nutrition Whey Isolate powder in the French Vanilla Creme flavor. It smells gross when mixed with milk (odd because it smells fine in the container), but tastes pretty decent. I'm going to try having some every other day or so for breakfast, hopefully it will be filling. Going to try it mixed with water this morning.
I'm just the opposite; anytime I try and cut carbs out of my diet, even for just a meal or two, I end up famished. Cannot figure it out at all. The only thing I can ascertain, it's my body telling me protein should be a side dish, not an entree. Being Asian, I wonder if my body is just naturally designed to eat that way, since a true Asian diet is carb heavy and protein light.
momwithdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:06 PM   #64  

S/C/G: 230/192/120

Height: 5'2

Meh, messed up today because I went for a movie and just couldn't resist the popcorn and soda, even though I never have soda anywhere else anymore. Starting with day 1 again tomorrow.
ILoveVegetables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:33 PM   #65  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

HuggerBunny, I find eating pleasurable and a real go-to with every emotion. I'm one of those feed-a-cold-feed-a-fever-can't-remember-which-one-heck-let's-eat-anyways! people. I've been actually trouble shooting this with my therapist. I find that I overeat when I want to share emotions with someone but don't have anyone handy with which to emotionally connect. So I connect with the food. My idea of a perfect vacation is a beautiful hotel room with a beautiful view off a balcony, fabulously appointed bathroom, great cable TV and to curl up with a good room service menu. ALL. BY. MYSELF!!!

This weekend is a dangerous 3-day weekend for me. Both my sons will be gone. All my friends are married w/children and have family plans. It's just me and Daisy Mae for the whole weekend. I am planning to give that dog a good wash on Saturday, and we're going for several walks. But I really don't have any other plans. So I'll be catching up on TV and movies, and I'll have my kitchen filled with veggies, healthy protein and healthy fats. But I may be overeating at some point, because I'm going to have moments of boredom or loneliness. And after six months of absence, my period just showed up and I already feel carby cravings and I'm bloated! WTH?! All my progress may be blown by Monday.
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 02:29 PM   #66  

S/C/G: 220/158/133

Height: 5 foot 6

I'd like to join back in, please! I got a lot of support from the binge free threads earlier in the year, and I need to come back.

I was doing really well with losing weight steadily until August. From June to August I was losing 1 lb a week almost consistently - but still bingeing at the same time. I had the long school holidays off work over the summer and completely lost it. I had no control, not only over the binges but over what I was eating for meals on top of that. It was really hard to be so out of control, and the idea of stopping seemed impossible. I managed not to put on too much weight at first, but only because I was balancing it out with exercise and I just ended up putting on weight or maintaining. Anyway, to cut a long story short, after going from losing 1 lb a week steadily for a few months I am here on 7th November weighing the same as I did on the 17th August. I'm sick of it now, starting over and failing and having to start all over again. In February 2014 (only 3 months away!) I will have been on my weight loss journey for two years, and I had expected to be a lot further on by this point.

I am determined not only to get back on track with weight loss but to kick the binges forever. Unfortunately, I think the idea of living without bingeing is sending me fleeing back into the welcoming arms of binges. Today, however, the closest I got to bingeing was eating two muffins in a row which is nothing compared to my usual habits, so I am counting today as Day 1 Binge Free. I would love to get to the end of the weekend binge free, although even three genuine binge-free days would be longer than I have gone in years I'm really struggling at work, as I moved offices when I went back to work in September and it is next to the canteen. I can access great smelling food multiple times per day, and I work by myself so I have no peer pressure not to just sit and eat 6 bags of crisps and as many cookies as I have the guts to buy. By the time I get home, I already feel like the damage is done and I just eat whatever I want. Then I eat dinner too I know better, and I've spent so much time and tried so many things to stop bingeing that I'm relying purely on "hoping for the best" at this point. I suppose anything is worth a shot....

Ok, I'm sorry this is so long. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of you, and hoping I can manage Day 2 Binge Free tomorrow.
EskaDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 05:24 PM   #67  
Began on 10/25/13

Momwithdogs, it's probably relevant that I have some degree of insulin resistance due to PCOS and from what I understand, carbs and insulin resistance are not the happiest combo.
Old 11-07-2013, 06:26 PM   #68  

S/C/G: 174/167/145

Height: 5'8

Quote:
Originally Posted by momwithdogs View Post
I'm just the opposite; anytime I try and cut carbs out of my diet, even for just a meal or two, I end up famished. Cannot figure it out at all. The only thing I can ascertain, it's my body telling me protein should be a side dish, not an entree. Being Asian, I wonder if my body is just naturally designed to eat that way, since a true Asian diet is carb heavy and protein light.
This is why diets that say one macronutrient is best annoy me, like Atkins with protein and 80-10-10 with carbs. They glump all people together, assuming we all have the same needs. Some people need more carbs than others, and other people need some extra protein or fat. Humans are a diverse species, I just can't believe we all have the same exact nutritional needs.

Anyway, today is Day 2. I had a big dinner and lots of chocolate and granola. Definitely too much, as I feel a little sick from it, but I'm not counting it as a binge because 1) I didn't eat any peanut butter, the banana, or the bowl of cereal I wanted, and2) I got my period today and have been craving chocolate all week, and I finally have some
I plan on working out tomorrow morning, getting lots of work done, and then RELAXING!
MeganTheMushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 07:51 PM   #69  
Began on 10/25/13

Megan, like I said, I forgot to mention in my post that I have insulin resistance issues so carbs might affect me differently than some people I didn't mean that I though all people are the same as me. My doctor specifically told me to cut carbs way down because of my health issues.
Old 11-07-2013, 08:17 PM   #70  
Battling Binge Eating

S/C/G: 228/179/150

Height: 5'5 1/2

I am almost finished with day 11 of being binge free. I haven't done this well in years. I am hoping I just keep going and get stronger every day. I haven't felt the urge to binge.
mainecyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:17 AM   #71  
Battling Binge Eating

S/C/G: 228/179/150

Height: 5'5 1/2

I am home from work today, a much deserved day off taken, I think I've missed two days of work in 5 years. Just doesn't happen. Work has become crazy, stressful, and emotional lately. More so than normal.

I have dealt with a child suffering from child abuse and neglect, turning in a co-worker for drug use, providing information for a deposition against a co-worker I like personally, and the news of three supervisors retiring this year and the struggle for replacing them is on...two of these people have already seemed to dismiss the rules and are grooming individuals to take their place (favorites personally of theirs).

I am the one on the side lines that always puts my head down and works, but I don't network like these people do. I don't play the "game" I continue to work with my (and their) boss, but I admit to hurt feelings this week watching these other two employees get lined up for jobs that I can do, want, and with more sonority etc. I am in line to get them too, but unlike them I have been waiting for the jobs to actually be officially posted. I think its going to be a case of those that follow the rules will miss their chance and the jobs will be gone before they are even available, filled by these other two.

I know how the came works, those that have to be trained less have a better chance to get the jobs as the transition is easier. One of the employees had been told since this summer to train me in her job by our boss..instead she has skipped over me and is grooming her friend. When asked by our boss over and over how my training is going she just replies, we haven't gotten to it. The past two days at work this employee has told me it would just be easier for me to tell the boss I am interested in her friends position instead since her friend knows almost all of her job now.

I am THANKFUL to have my job, sure am. But after years of being passed over, it is difficult to take when each evaluation is exceeds standards, and daily emails from boss about what a great job "once again"... This is when I would normally turn to food. I actually began to tear at work yesterday in my office, the stress. I have never ever done this before, I was alone. The stress is eating me alive as I do my job, their job, and several others. Anyone else have issues like this at work? Clicks continue even in the workplace and adulthood..the old lectures from parents about hard work paying off etc. as a child, well in the real world that doesn't always happen.

My weight is still down 172 officially today, might have even been 171 or 171.5 I'm hanging on but feel the cracks emotionally and hope not to turn to food.

I am throwing a party for my husband Saturday (family only) which includes another favorite meal of his and the kids choosing since it fell on a week day he wanted to wait till Saturday to do cake and ice cream. I am hoping I am not going to stand over that cake at 2 a.m. or steal a piece.

I am home today, surrounded by food with no one hear to watch me. Also this weekend all five kids will be here, always a stresser when the step kids are here as they argue between themselves constantly are loud, don't sleep etc etc. It disrupts everything in the house. I also have a child that has been home all week sick.

Last edited by mainecyn; 11-08-2013 at 10:29 AM.
mainecyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 10:59 AM   #72  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Started my day very hungry. Stupidly let that take me over and I went to McDonald's. Twice. A total of 938 calories. Good thing I'm headed to the studio for two back-to-back workouts (cardio/weights and Pilates). I think I'll just skip eating again until dinner. And dinner will be very veggie oriented.
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 12:59 PM   #73  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

I've got a cruddy head cold -- and even worse, I've got a husband with the flu. Gaaaahhh. Hope everyone is hanging in there.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 01:11 PM   #74  
Badass Brokeleg Bunny

S/C/G: 239.2/199.8/170

I've been binging since Halloween ... and purging, at least once a day.

I don't even know if it's a real binge, since I'm not eating a lot of food, but it's more than I planned to eat so I feel bad, throw it up, then feel worse.

My weight loss slowed down, and I've begun really missing the foods I really shouldn't eat.

I don't know if I should back off from the diet (just for a week or two) and aim for maintenance, let my skin firm up, let my metabolism rest, and adjust to the new lower weight ... or if I should keep pushing forward on the diet.

Whatever I do, I need to stop purging.
tefrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 03:42 PM   #75  

S/C/G: 147/147/135 HW - 190

Height: 5'6"

ahh again so behind! It is nice everyone is so active on this board now. I'm only replying to the last few posts!

mainecyn - I feel terrible for your cousin, that is so awful! I'm very lucky that my fiance is very supportive and treats me like a queen. My parents also turned a blind eye to the issues I had as a teenager..actually everyone in my life did. When I was in my early twenties I made friends who were very supportive and that helped. I don't blame them, I know that mental health issues of any kind make people uncomfortable.

Mrs. Snark - I hope you and your husband feel better soon!

geoblewis - Way to go on the double gym classes! I can hardly ever do that.

tefrey - I'm so sorry to hear you're struggling with purging! I'm normally reluctant to share this on this board but I've been bulimic for 8 years. Like you I don't really binge..purging is my main problem. Something silly that worked for me was a sticker chart! It's such a concrete behaviour that it's easy to measure. Whenever I start purging again I open up an old fashioned calendar and buy some stickers and keep track of how many days I can go without it.

----------------

So same old, same old here. I can't seem to lose any weight (140 is about my set point). I'm doing really well with eating reasonably and getting exercise every day though so that is a plus!!

Last edited by LisaTcan; 11-08-2013 at 03:43 PM.
LisaTcan is offline   Reply With Quote