Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 10-23-2013, 04:27 PM   #211  

S/C/G: 116/116/110

Height: 5'2

Hello everyone! I have been on and off this forum and I think it's time to check in again. After not binge eating for awhile, the binge monster has gotten to me twice in one week! I think because I was battling being ill for awhile and had gotten down to 103 pounds (I had a really bad problem with GERD). Now that I'm feeling better, I think my body is rebelling and I feel trapped in this vicious cycle! Today I felt guiltier than ever after waking up at 1:30 last AM (after a perfect day of eating) and gorging myself on cookies and tortillas with Jam (don't ask!, it was in my fridge and I ate it!). Now I'm feeling bloated and my body is hating me Today I was desperate to feel better so I found this link! If you find yourself down after a binge, it may be of some help to you like it was to me

http://recoverybites.org/2011/09/09/...after-a-binge/

I'll try to check in with you all and get to know you better!
laceyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:34 PM   #212  

S/C/G: GW: 125

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by momwithdogs View Post
Thank you for answering my question. I think until I get a better grip on this eating thing, trying to incorporate any type of plan might be too much.

You know though, for me, it's so hard to say if I really feel this way or if I am making another excuse for myself.
Momwdogs, I don't think it's an excuse. I believe that restriction is a huge cause of binging. Over and over again on 3FC, you will read a post where someone says they never binged until they had dieted. Yes, they had overeaten, but the crazy, out-of-control binging came only after a period of restriction. I know this is true for me. I feel like I walk a fine line between getting to my happy weight and drawing the binge-dragon out of his cave. Take your time, figure out one piece of the puzzle before working on the next.

Tyla, thank you for reminding me that there are only 8 days left in the month! I hope that means that candy corn will disappear from the stores in 9 days. It is my Achilles heel for sure.

Geoblewis and laceyj, welcome!

Hello to ILoveVegetables, LiveAgain, Mainecyn, Mrs. Snark and anyone else who is reading along!
thesame7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 05:11 PM   #213  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Hello, Laceyj and welcome!! Thank you for your link. I realized I needed to see that today. I guess it all comes down to if you're not dealing with situations that bother you, you turn to food for love and comfort. I guess I still get those same feelings whenever something doesn't go as well as I think it should. It's amazing! It takes a long time to change bad habits.
Anyway, I'm so glad you are here with us!

Hello, 7lbs.! I'm always happy when you post. You give us a lot of good information, like restriction causes bingeing! I think I fall in this category a lot. It seems like it's all or nothing.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 06:27 PM   #214  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Hey Tyla, I'll be happy to start the November thread, though I'm nowhere the leader you are.

You really stay on top of each and every post and give alot of yourself to each of us -- don't think we haven't noticed. I tend to read along quietly in the background, but I will try to be less lurky in November.

Plus we have lots of active posters now, so hopefully we'll continue strong through the rest of the year!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 07:58 PM   #215  
I Can Change

S/C/G: 151/149.9/120

Red face

Hi non-bingers!

I had a biiig 2000 calorie plus binge yesterday, the second since finding out I am pregnant on Sunday! I am so glad to be pregnant with my first baby at 36, but am horrified at the though of me with even more license to eat. I am pretty healthy and at the upper end of a healthy BMI but I need to watch it, always. I love salad and eat it usually for lunch and dinner; I walk alot- I was jogging but now I will just stick with walking, and yoga 5 days a week just myself for 30 min or so. I was doing some weight training this year too and will try to keep doing just twice a week, an easier session, just to keep the muscle I have. My problem (well one of them) is I have been trying to keep having "healthy" treats as well which are all trigger foods for me for binges. I have been limiting truly clean foods to try to lose weight while still being able to have these treats every day..usually several a day....if not a binge. Needless to say despite running weights and calorie counting I have not managed to lose much weight over the last 5 months or so.

It is more important then ever before for me to stop binging now that I have a child to think of and perhaps easier because weight loss is not the focus now- just avoiding trigger foods and binges/ mass overeating. I have been really inspired reading Mrs. Snark's blog and may start a blog myself, "overcoming an E.D. while pregnant"; well at least I want to really start checking in here every day. I need to rid my home of a few triggers today and have already had a triggery food today so I am unlikely to have a perfect day today. I CAN not fully binge though.

Thanks for reading this, and darn I so will check in "binge free" tonight.
tarabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 09:38 PM   #216  

S/C/G: 230/192/120

tarabella, congratulations on your pregnancy! Give yourself a break, I'm sure a few binges are perfectly fine

laceyj, thank you for that link. I just had a slightly binge-y breakfast and was feeling a bit low, but that article was a nice read
ILoveVegetables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 11:46 PM   #217  

Hello all!

I hope everyone is well.

I have tried very hard this month to avoid binging or overeating. And now I have to report that I had a small binge on Monday.

My schedule changed ,and I did not plan my meals to accommodate for those changes. I was disappointed with myself ,but I am dealt with it. Monday was my first day at my new job ,and I didn't plan for dinner that night and forgot my lunch at home. I have a paid lunch, so I can't leave to get anything to eat and by the time I got home I was starving! I ate some lunch meat and cheese as soon as I got home, but shortly after that my husband walked in with pizza. I ate two pieces, a piece of chicken and a few wedges. It is a lot less than I would have eaten in the past ,so I guess it's an improvement in that respect.

On Tuesday I got back on track and today was a good day. So here I am back at day number two, but I am not giving up!
Mak78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 05:38 AM   #218  
I Can Change

I overate today, but only like normal not binging. The most important thing is not to binge ( because usually I try to purge too and certainly do not want to do that while pregnant). I am so scared of gaining way too much this 9 months, like 50lbs instead of my ideal which would be 20lbs max. I wish I had got a better handle on this before I got pregnant and hate that I'm thinking about this so much instead of just being happy... But I thought about "all this" way too much before I was pregnant (heck, all my adult life) so why expect it to change now?!?!

I have got rid of my triggery/binge foods though so am better placed to have a moderate day tomorrow. My lunch is made, my meals are planned, I can do a day, surely. I dream of living happy with my body and at peace with my eating; well thousand miles single step and all that Jazz.

I reckon I'm saying day 1 binge free
even if not overeating free just now.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:22 AM   #219  
Updating my software ;)

S/C/G: KGs: 82 / ?? / 55

Height: 5ft

This sounds like my kind of thread.

Hi everyone

Over the past couple days I've been eating seconds for dinner... Last night I ate a meal for four I think it's because I'm stressing out over my exam tomorrow. I don't know if I can remember everything... there is so much. And I guess my anticipation of the year finally being over is getting to me too. If I didn't have one semester left, I would take a year off and go back to it once I've had a break. I hate the pressure and the inability to have free time because it's filled with assignments. *sigh* anyway. I used to be good with not-binging, but when I took a break from my diet because of end of semester assignments in June, I've lost my restraint. I'll do my best to get it back over my summer break.
Rhiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:11 AM   #220  
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Good morning (and good evening to those on the other side of the planet).

Started my day with overeating. Not terribly bad, but definitely overate at breakfast. I made scrambled eggs with onion and tomatoes on toast for my son and me. He got to full before I did and then slid the rest of his eggs (actually, by then it was mostly onions and tomatoes) onto my plate. I had reached satiety, but I went ahead and ate the rest of his breakfast. And then I was suddenly stuffed! It wasn't that much more food, maybe an additional half cup. In total, my breakfast was 472 calories. But I was stuffed full! So, no gold star for starting my day with overeating.

So, getting back on track...right now!

I am so glad I can report here. Accountability for each episode of overeating feels right.

Hope you all have a great day!
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:17 AM   #221  
One Meal At A Time

S/C/G: 141/see ticker/no more meds

Height: 5'2"

Good morning girls!

Tarabella-Big congrats! I had my DS last year at 39! You'll sail right through it! As far as ED and pregnancy, it is easy to tell yourself now is the time to eat anything you want, when in reality, you need about 300 extra calories a day. That number does go up in 3rd tri, but not by a significant amount.

I thought the weight would just fall off like it did with DD...I was 24 then and had some sort of metabolism, lol.

And for anyone who caught that, yes, DH and I were very close to shipping DD off to college and getting our lives back, when we decided to go for one more. We often wonder if we're bat s&%t crazy!

Have decided that I cannot keep spicy ramen in the house at all, as I love it too much.

Fx'd (fingers crossed) for everyone today!
momwithdogs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:53 PM   #222  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Day 54!
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 01:34 PM   #223  

S/C/G: 116/116/110

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Well, I got through Day 1 binge free, but we'll see how the rest of the week goes. I didn't eat much yesterday because if I eat a normal amount after a binge I am in soooo much pain.

Geoblewis, I don't think you overate. A bigger breakfast is not a bad thing, especially because you'll be more satiated throughout the day.

Rhiko- I think overeating can be difficult when you're studying for exams, especially because food can be used as a distraction or a way to procrastinate. I know I've done that before when I needed to complete something I don't want to do.

Mak78- That doesn't really sound too bingy to me. You didn't eat lunch and you were hungry! Maybe not the healthiest choices, but as long as you didn't feel out of control I would just roll with it.

Glad to be here, have a great day everyone!
laceyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2013, 02:33 AM   #224  
I Can Change

I like this forum!

Thanks for the replies everyone. I am filled with happy hormones so I feel good despite the painful buzzing annoyance of overeating and stress over it. I still overate significantly today and have decided my mantra, besides one day at a time, is NO SWEET NO NUTS NO IFS NO BUTS. That's may aim for tomorrow. I'm not going to count calories for a while, but strictly abstain from these foods that I inevitably overeat, and try to eat only when I am actually hungry.

Rhiko Good to see you here my kiwi friend, I was just reading you elsewhere- you have done so great this year wow I am impressed. I also ran my first 10km in the last couple of months so I get that achievement, its a big one. I am not running now because of pregnancy and miss it already.
Old 10-25-2013, 11:44 AM   #225  

S/C/G: GW: 125

Hello everyone,

I am so disappointed to share that I binged yesterday. Not the worst binge in history, but it was beyond "just overeating" or "just going off plan." Today is a new day. I feel like I got it out of my system -- I certainly do not feel a need to eat candy corn again any time soon. Today I am focusing on clean, healthful foods that make my body feel good.

Tarabella, CONGRATS! I found pregnancy rather freeing from the food obsession grind because I stopped restricting. (In fact, I told my DH last year that if he wasn't "fixed," I'd be lobbying to have a baby just for the freedom from dieting). Having gone through it three times, my advice would be to focus on *healthy* food and not worry so much about quantity within reason. There is a good bit of research that the food choices you make during pregnancy and even while breastfeeding influence your child's preferences (no pressure there! ), so avoiding tons of sugar is a good idea. Lots of veggies and fruits, smoothies, protein, no canned tuna! I ran my first 10K just before finding out I was pregnant with DD#2, and I was so sad to give up running, too! Don't worry, it will still be there when your beautiful baby is ready for a jog stroller!

Momwithdogs, OMG are your kids 15 years apart!?!?! I think you just may be bat !@#$ crazy! I'm 13 years younger than my oldest sister (my other sibs are 12, 10 and 8 years older than I am), but let me assure you, my parents did not do that on purpose!

to everyone else, I've got to run. Not literally, since my !@#$ knee is still messed up. Just off to daughters' school to volunteer.

Wishing everyone a good, healthy, happy day!
thesame7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote