Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 10-03-2013, 01:40 PM   #46  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentarctic View Post
I am pretty much always hungry, and I can eat insane amounts of food when I don't put the effort in to stop myself. It's pretty crazy how much I can pack away. I almost NEVER feel full...
Same here, though I will say that it is changing as time goes on. I used to never, ever feel full. And I could out-eat everyone I know, including my hubbie who is 6'6 and 290.

Now, after almost six months on plan, that is changing in that I am getting a full feeling after a pretty reasonable amount of food. It is surprising!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:16 PM   #47  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Mrs.Snark and 7lbs., I've read your posts about motivation on another thread. They were excellent posts! Do you mind reposting some motivational tips for all of us here? Anything to keep us all motivated is fantastic! Thank you for both of your inputs.

Last edited by tyla; 10-03-2013 at 02:16 PM.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 02:16 PM   #48  

S/C/G: 180/180/140

Height: 5'8"

Thanks for the welcome!
I'm wasn't too strict with myself for today, but still tried to make good choices. I'm actually working as an au pair right now, and so have a lot of time during the day I'm trying to occupy. I try to keep myself, and my hands, busy. This probably isn't the thread but it's also hard to try and fit my diet into the family's meals, especially since they don't really understand dieting and low-carb and are always telling me I don't eat healthily since I'm eating low-carb stuff, so meat, eggs, cheese, etc. even though I eat TONS of veggies.
Sorry to go on a bit! Very glad to be here, I think it will be really good for me to have somewhere to check in. I also noticed how someone upthread said something about mini goals. I'm going to try this! I get too discouraged by the big goals.
elderflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 12:30 AM   #49  

I was able to stick to a food plan today for the first time in months! In the past I never would have considered one day as significant in any way and the hurtful voice inside of me actually would have made me feel like this one day didn't even matter. But today I am letting myself feel really good about the fact that I made a decision to take this journey one day at a time and honor that by controlling what I accepted from that voice inside me that has kept me trapped in a vicious cycle of overeating and feeling horrible about myself. Today I made progress! I made a change to this one part of the pattern in dealing with my food issues ,and I feel like my hope is being restored that recovery is possible for me! I hope everyone had a great day. :-)
Mak78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 02:33 AM   #50  

S/C/G: 201.7/169/140

Height: 5'7

Hello, I'd like to join this thread from the beginning this time!

I really need somewhere to be accountable and this group is perfect, Thanks tyla

My goals for this month are to get to 160 lbs, wean myself off sugar and actually have structured meals - not just eat whenever I get hungry.
Also - I'm going to try the 2 cups of water when I get the urge to binge

Good luck everyone!!
Primalgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 07:18 AM   #51  

S/C/G: 227/243.8/146

Height: 5'8"

Hi all!! I'd like to join in as well. I caught myself binging last night, so I forced myself to stop, drink some water, and do a light workout. The bad part was I at mor of the same chips and chocolate after my binge-intervention!! Today I am up three lbs (lots of sodium) and completely down on myself. I have many of the same issues mentioned...fiancé won't eat like me, if there is junk food in the house I think it is my duty to finish it, etc. I love all the positivity and advice in here!! I hope this will help me deter these binges!
noelle8310 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 07:29 AM   #52  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

I went out for lunch and I did not over eat! I ordered a salad with dressing on the side and ate until I was full. I picked a seafood restaurant on purpose. Hard to OD on fish.

Today marks day 8 since my last over eating episode.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:12 AM   #53  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

TGIF Everyone! I am ready for the weekend and feeling positive. I even managed to enjoy a single martini last night without any snacking or mental struggle. It was lovely. It helped to have a plan for the day and not veer from it

Quote:
Originally Posted by elderflower View Post
This probably isn't the thread but it's also hard to try and fit my diet into the family's meals, especially since they don't really understand dieting and low-carb and are always telling me I don't eat healthily since I'm eating low-carb stuff, so meat, eggs, cheese, etc. even though I eat TONS of veggies.
It is always hard when people want to manage what you eat and put their own beliefs on you. I've noticed that since I'm currently at the lower end of the scale there are people who think I'm "fixed now" and no longer have to work hard at managing my weight (despite seeing me gain/lose/gain/lose repeatedly). Ha, so faaar from the truth! Suddenly everyone has an opinion ("surely you don't need to measure olive oil any more" they scoff, and "it isn't like white bread will kill you, go on, eat some" as they wave rolls at me).

I have adopted a very Zen attitude about what other people think and say. I just try to look very serene, smile slightly, and not respond, even if it leaves an awkward silence. Sometimes I even nod a little, while I go right on doing what I'm doing. It was a bit "fake it until you make it" at first, as my stomach would be in knots and I'd feel really angry, but the more I put on the Zen face the less other people's opinions actually affect me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mak78 View Post
I was able to stick to a food plan today for the first time in months! In the past I never would have considered one day as significant in any way and the hurtful voice inside of me actually would have made me feel like this one day didn't even matter.
Congratulations! Every moment and every day is a BIG victory and it is all those single moments comprised of multiple good decisions that get you where you want to go! You should be so proud of yourself!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primalgirl View Post
My goals for this month are to get to 160 lbs, wean myself off sugar and actually have structured meals - not just eat whenever I get hungry. Also - I'm going to try the 2 cups of water when I get the urge to binge

Good luck everyone!!
It sounds like you have a great plan, I just know October will be a great month!

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelle8310 View Post
Hi all!! I'd like to join in as well. I caught myself binging last night, so I forced myself to stop, drink some water, and do a light workout. The bad part was I at mor of the same chips and chocolate after my binge-intervention!! Today I am up three lbs (lots of sodium) and completely down on myself. I have many of the same issues mentioned...fiancé won't eat like me, if there is junk food in the house I think it is my duty to finish it, etc. I love all the positivity and advice in here!! I hope this will help me deter these binges!
Welcome Noelle! This is a very supportive place, we can do this!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sum38 View Post
I went out for lunch and I did not over eat! I ordered a salad with dressing on the side and ate until I was full. I picked a seafood restaurant on purpose. Hard to OD on fish.

Today marks day 8 since my last over eating episode.
Great job, Sum!!!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 04:25 PM   #54  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Sorry it took so long for me to post today, but I'm really not feeling well. So I'm making this kinda brief.

I just wanted to congratulate everyone that is not overeating. Congrats to Sum and Mak and anyone that is doing great! I'm so proud of all of us for sticking with it!

Welcome, PrimalGirl and Noelle! Great goals!

Yesterday when I went out to lunch I just had a small bowl of soup and a 3rd of a small green salad/vinaigrette dressing. Doing great today. When tempted I went out for a cup of coffee.

Thanks for your post, MrsSnark.

Going to bed to rest.

Hugs to all!

Last edited by tyla; 10-04-2013 at 04:26 PM.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 05:46 PM   #55  

S/C/G: 230/192/120

Height: 5'2

Whew, ok, I haven't binged for the past 4 days now. I'm awake (it's 3:15 am right now where I am), and I'm dying to eat something, so I'm posting here to distract myself and maybe make myself feed bad about it

I normally have breakfast (sandwich with egg, tomato & onion... not very healthy or unhealthy) at about 5:30 or 6 am, lunch at around 1 and dinner at 8:30. It works if I have just 3 meals in the day, because I can't have very little and feel satisfied, so many small meals doesn't work for me. I also know that if I eat now, I'll feel hungry by 9 or 10 and my whole eating cycle will be thrown off. I'm trying to think of things to occupy my mind. What do you guys do when you want to avoid a binge?
ILoveVegetables is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 09:31 PM   #56  

Hey everyone!!! I did well for the last 2 days and did not binge and you know what it showed on my scale as well.. got it moving

Thanks to you guys!! I think the accountability and the motivation from here helps me to do this
nlauah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:30 PM   #57  

S/C/G: GW: 125

Height: 5'6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ILoveVegetables View Post
I'm awake (it's 3:15 am right now where I am), and I'm dying to eat something.... What do you guys do when you want to avoid a binge?
LOL! Sometimes I go to sleep -- especially if it's that late!!!
thesame7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2013, 10:33 PM   #58  

I struggled a little today but I managed to stay on plan for another day! I am more clear about my goals for this month and am moving from planning my meals the day before to planning for a week at a time. I am not sure about my calorie range but I think it needs to be somewhere under 1600 a day. So one day has turned into two days being in control of what I eat and how much I eat! It has been very helpful to find encouragement here and a place to be have some accountability which I really need to help me stay honest with myself. Thanks Mrs. Snark for the encouraging words! I read some of your blog post and they were very inspiring! I hope everyone is doing well.
Mak78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 01:40 AM   #59  

S/C/G: GW: 125

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone,

WOW! I'm blown away by the positive energy on this thread! What incredible support we are providing to each other.

Elderflower, I think you've made a good decision to not be too strict. I believe that restricting too much leads to binging. What a tough situation, not being in control of your food.

Mak78, so glad you've had a good couple of days! Setting goals and planning -- a perfect combination for success!

PrimalGirl, kudos to you as well for sharing your goals! I'm looking forward to reading about your success this month!

Noelle, welcome!

Sum38, I'm a big fan of seafood, too. We're eating a lot more fish at our house. It's so good for you and often the best bet on a restaurant menu.

Mrs. Snark, I love your Zen attitude - and I'm impressed by your ability to post multiple quotes!

Tyla, I hope you got lots of rest and you feel better soon! I'm sipping some "throat coat" tea myself.

Vegetables, I hope you got to sleep! I can't remember the last time I saw 3 am (except to get up to pee -- TMI, sorry)

Nlauah, nice work! And nice to get a nod from the scale, huh?

I had a pretty good day. I'm trying to do more things to bring joy to my life (thanks, Tyla, for reminding me how important that is), so I went for a run here: Seriously. See those stairs? I ran up those. Joy!

Of course now I'm exhausted. Tyla, I saw your request for ideas for motivation -- I'll do those tomorrow!
thesame7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2013, 06:43 AM   #60  
Fat to Fab and Fit

S/C/G: 190/151.2/122

Height: 5'3"

How beautiful thesame7lbs!!!

Mak78 Congratulations on staying OP. One meal at a time!! -- I plan my meals for the entire week, it helps what comes to grocery shopping time and I end up buying less tempting junk.

nlauah Here's to a third day OP Scale can be such a nice motivator.

ILoveVegetables TEA! Hot tea help what comes to avoiding over eating. I drink, which seems, gallons of it now a days.

tyla I hope you are feeling better today

Mrs S. Woot on your martini! I wish I could enjoy a drink without the munchies that follow.

elderflower I was an au pair! That was 20+ years ago tho I ended up staying because I met my husband. How many kiddoes to you nanny for?

Primalgirl Nice plan!

noelle8310 Glad to have you here. Today is a new day and you can be a binge free!

to everyone else.
Sum38 is offline   Reply With Quote