Binge Free and Overeating Free in October.

You're on Page 12 of 18
Go to
  • Good Morning, Everyone!
    Today is day 48 for me! I'm pretty proud of myself, especially because yesterday I got some pretty devastating news. 48 days ago, I would have run to the refrigerator. But somehow I got through it. I stayed within my calorie range, exercised and kept busy. I want my new habit of self-control to stick. I'm going to the dentist this morning, so I don't have a lot of time to post today. I hope everyone has a strong, healthy weekend! We're all in this together!

Welcome, LiveAgain! I'm so happy that you decided to join us! I know you can do it. Just take it one minute at a time, one hour at a time, one day at a time. Read all the posts on this thread. There's a lot of important information from everyone here. We want you to succeed! Make this your day one. Good luck to you!!

Mak, congrats on making it to day 15 and now on 16. Your body is adjusting to your new weight. That's why you're not losing more. Next week will be better! !/2 lb is excellent! Keep up the great work!

Have a great weekend, everyone!
  • Good morning girls!

I know it's late in the game, but is there room for one more?

Finding this thread/forum makes me very happy, but I wish to he$% none of us had to be here in the first place!

Congrats to everyone for having the courage and strength to post their struggles and I hope I can help anyone who needs it. Granted, I was going to join last night, but I was too busy eating a bowl of spicy ramen, had no intention of putting it down and I don't type well with one hand.
  • Hi Momwithdogs! Welcome! I'm so happy you decided to join us! You made me laugh with your spicy ramen and not being able to type with one hand. I love people with a sense of humor! You'll fit right in. Let this be your day one.

So what kind of dogs do you have? I love dogs.

Let's do this thing.
  • Hello everyone!

Tyla, I am so sorry you received bad news yesterday. Give yourself a hug and a high-five for finding non-food ways to cope with your grief/stress. And I'll give you another hug, too.

Mak78, way to go! You are an inspiration. I love reading your posts, it's like I can see you getting stronger in each one. Bad weigh-ins are a HUGE trigger for me. I bet your next weigh-in will be better. For me, it seems to take a couple weeks on plan before my body grudgingly agrees to the math and starts shedding lbs.

Welcome, Momwithdogs, Liveagain,and Chaselove! Momwithdogs, I totally agree with you -- I wish none of us had to be here, but since we have this challenge in our lives, I'm glad we can face it together, support each other, and learn from each other.

Mainecyn, I am thinking about you and I hope you're still reading.

I have had an OK week. I was away for a long weekend in New Orleans and we ate a lot, and this week I am finding it hard to get back to clean eating. Today I feel a bit better, though, and I will ride this wave of positivity into the weekend.
  • Good morning all! I am back from vacation and happy to report NO BINGES. Yippee!

I am totally in love with Maine and the cool weather -- it was a humid slap in the face returning to Florida, that's for sure!

I need to catch up on the thread, but I just wanted to quick say Happy Friday to everyone, I hope we all have a great, binge-free weekend on tap!
  • Welcome back, Mrs. Snark. Awesome job with the no bingeing

I overate a bit today at dinner. I'm starting to get annoyed with myself because I'm slipping up too often. When there's normal food, I have no problem staying within a reasonable limit, but if there's some really good food for lunch or dinner, or if we order something nice from outside, I can't seem to help myself. The first few times I thought it's ok, I just have to let it go and get back on the wagon, but I'm starting to feel like it's a problem. I've already slipped up twice this week.

I was pretty excited yesterday because I lost my first 10 lbs, but after I ate today it promptly went up to make it just 0.5 lbs short of 10 lost
  • Thank you for the warm welcome!

Tyla-I find the only way to survive this weight lark is with a sense of humor! Otherwise, I'll spend my evenings crying in my cupcake...and then bawling bc I ate the stupid cupcake or 12.

Thesame7-You are spot on! If we have to be here, might as well be here together.

Mrs Snark-Big congrats!

ILoveVegetables-Great job with your loss! I think, well I know, we are our harshest critics, but you haven't done anything that will affect you in the long-term. You've acknowledged that a mistake and that's a huge hurdle!

So called 'accountability' as been my biggest challenge. To me, it's a misnomer bc it suggests I'm not aware of what I am doing to myself; I am fully aware of my issues. I always tell my DD, mistakes are a part of life and never be afraid to make them. Each one leads to a learning experience and that's the best lesson ever.

Need to take my own advice.

(Sorry for the long post, I tend to be long-winded.)
  • I made it through day #16. And I can't believe how close I am to getting to the 30 day mark! I don't think I ever gone that long with out a binge in my entire adult life. I still have moments were I question myself and my ability to stay on track, but I try really hard not to focus on those thoughts. I am slowly making progress one day at a time.
  • Thank you so much for the warm welcome....you don't even know how much that warms my heart!!! I have a home full of people but have felt so alone at times the last few years. That is not a good place to be....when you are an overeater.

Looks like I made it past day 1. I'm ashamed to say that, I planned a middle of the night ice cream binge and for whatever reason...I slept the whole time. Anyways, I still made it for a day.... First time in months.

I look forward to getting to know each of you and being on this journey and not being alone anymore. Again, thanks for the welcome!!!
  • LiveAgain, congratulations!! I know how hard it is to just start with day 1, but you did it!!! And Kudos to you for not getting up in the middle of the night. It's hard to break a long time habit, when it makes you feel good. (Although it's really damaging physically and mentally.) But you stopped yourself!!!!!

I'm so happy you're here with us! We understand what you're going through. A lot of us have gone through similar situations. Please make this day 2 by planning your menu, keeping busy and coming here to post whenever you need to. Good luck to you today!!!
  • Mak, you're reaching that 30 day mark soon! Looking forward to seeing that!

MomwithDogs, how was yesterday? Glad you found us!

Ilovevegetables, congrats on losing your first 10!

Mrs.Snark I'm so happy you're back, and with no binges!

7lbs, thanks for the hugs. I needed those. My sweet hubby brought home yellow roses yesterday. He knows how much I love them. Have a wonderful weekend.

Let's all have a great weekend. Mine will be busy. We have gardening to do and lots of chores to get done. Let's stay strong!
  • LiveAgain-Congrats on making it through the night! I kind of did the same thing; allowed myself a few M&Ms on the couch last night and it was just enough to keep me completely satisfied.

I have noticed over the years that I don't really have trigger foods- the problems start as soon as restriction begins. For me, it's going to have to be a new mind set.

Good luck for the weekend girls!
  • Happy Sunday!
    Here's looking forward to a another great weekend day. Yesterday because of going to the dentist on Friday, I ended up eating only soft foods. It was a little tricky, but I still ate in range. Ended up eating oatmeal, a couple of yogurts and soup. Because I didn't have any fiber I was starving all day, so I rewarded myself with a frozen yogurt (175 cals.) Today is day 50 for me without binge-eating. This is a huge deal. I'm soooooo proud of myself!

Best of luck to everyone today. I know you can do it!!
  • Sending you positive thoughts, Mainecyn.

Don't let yourself be defined by one bad day or even by 10 bad days (or several years of bad days, I've had those, too!).

You can do this, just put the binge behind you and make your very next choice a healthy one. Come back to us!
  • You are all so sweet and It amazes me that I really feel the love and care already. I work night shift....usually twice per week and that can be tough. Somehow, junk food and carbs can be associated with "I need it to keep me awake." I worked last night and I was not prepared. I went to work with nothing but a bottle of water. Of course I was starving and attacked my bag for change and then the vending machine. Then my shift ended horribly (don't want to go into details). I'm too upset too sleep and I have to work all night again tonight.

I'm trying to pick up the pieces and say what's done is done. I will be prepared with healthy snacks for my shift tonight. Now....deep breaths.....clear my mind of worries and to sleep I go.

I hope to bête to know each of you and start giving you support also. Together we can do this!!!