Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 09-29-2013, 10:56 AM   #76  

S/C/G: GW: 125

Height: 5'6"

Hello, everyone!

Luzitania, your question is very timely for me, because I had an off-plan day yesterday. I keep telling myself, "It wasn't a binge, it was just overeating," but then I wonder if that's just semantics to make myself feel better. For me, there were a few things that mark it more as overeating: 1) I've been thinking about having an off-plan day to "shake things up," as I've been disappointed with my loss, 2) I didn't eat in secret, 3) I didn't eat all that much, it just felt like a lot after eating on a deficit for a month, and 4) I didn't eat beyond hunger or eat anything unusual.

That said, of course the scale was up today and now I feel worse. So I've planned my food for today and will get right back on track.

Primalgirl, welcome! Re: treat day, it works for some and not for others. I have a small treat pretty much every day -- like a skinny cow dessert or something. Some days I skip it, but I pretty much always plan for it within my calories. In the past, I've had success with eating on plan during the week but having a much more lenient Saturday, allowing for dinner out or a party.

Mrs. Snark, I'm sorry you've been sick -- hope you feel better soon!

Tyla, you're doing so well -- congrats! I think I will buy some yellow flowers today. I love having fresh flowers in the house.
thesame7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 01:55 PM   #77  

Location: Anchorage AK in the summer, Lawrence KS and travel in the winter

S/C/G: High 285+ 256/ticker/160ish

Hello binge warriors.

Binge free in September. Starting tomorrow we will be on the road for roughly a week leaving AK for warmer climes. Since I always lose weight on the ride out (even in my worst state of bingeing) I can say with some level of certainty that I'll be binge free. I made a daily healthy meal for the road that we can thaw and nuke as we go to avoid road eating. Chicken veggie soup, chili, tuna salad, snacking veggies.

My DH went out for coffee today and brought back a donut for each of us. Nothing I like better than donuts as far as crap foods go, especially the plain glazed old fashioned type, which he bought. It was good but it didn't call for more, more, more like it usually does.

We've had dark chocolate bars in the house for many days as well as cashews and no problems with them either. I made one pasta dish to use up fridge stuff for the road that really didn't look that desirous to me. Objectively it is definitely tasty but my wants have changed. I'll probably foist that off on DH while I eat the soup. Weird to write this.

I hope everyone does well. Checking out....

Cat
vintagecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2013, 02:57 PM   #78  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Welcome Luz and Primalgirl! Let's all finish September strong and then embrace October binge free!

Primalgirl, I personally can't do designated treat days very often at all or it triggers a binge (which generally leads to multiple binges). Treat foods are just terrible triggers for me. I know some people can eat off-plan foods one day every week, but for me I can only do it for one meal (not a full day) every 3 or 4 months. And getting back on track the week following that planned treat day takes ALOT of willpower. A seriously, ridiculous amount of willpower. I do SO much better when I don't have sugar and simple carbs and junk in my system. I hate going through treat withdrawal, it always brings me down. I used to be very bitter about all this, but I seem to have made some peace with this truth this time around for me. I really, really want to maintain my weight loss (I've lost and gained many times, I want this to be the last).

I know more frequent treat days work for some people, though, and it may be worth experimenting with to see if it works for you.

Tyla -- thanks for the info on flowers, I think I'll get myself some next time I'm out!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 09-29-2013 at 02:59 PM.
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 12:09 AM   #79  

Tyla, I now have a vase of sunflowers in my kitchen
Old 09-30-2013, 02:14 PM   #80  

Ah, the last day of September! I don't know if I feel like I have a fresh, shiny month ahead of me or a gaping maw of temptation -- 4-day girls' weekend in NOLA, Halloween, etc...

I did have an NSV yesterday when I got right back on-plan after Saturday's overage, and I have today's food planned and logged so I'm feeling positive going forward as well.

Wishing everyone a good day and positive vibes!
Old 09-30-2013, 02:51 PM   #81  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

It's the last day of the month! I can't believe it is here already. And, in spite of a little self-sabotaging, I think we did great. I think we need to look at our accomplishments. And we made a lot this month!! Kudos for us for being here and trying. I hear so many people whining on other threads. Help me, help me. But they are not doing anything about it after we or others help. We are giving it our best shot! We are becoming free from our habits from the past. I'm so proud of all of us!

7lbs., I am so happy that you bought sunflowers. You brought me joy! Thank you for your contributions.

MrsSnark, I'm so glad you're well again. Thank you for contributing here.

vintagecat, Congrats for being totally binge-free this month. Best of luck to you on your trip!

Last edited by tyla; 09-30-2013 at 04:17 PM.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 06:40 PM   #82  

S/C/G: 178/183/143

Height: 5"3

I agree tyla. Apart from a couple of self-sabotaging episodes later, the month was better than the ones I have had lately. I am starting to feel sick lately when I eat sugar.
luzitania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2013, 10:11 PM   #83  

Luzitania, I'm so proud of you! Keep up the great work! Sugar makes me feel yucky, too.
Old 10-01-2013, 02:09 PM   #84  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

I had a great month, except for 1 day, which was yesterday when I had my first binge since mid-April.

I had a rough week last week, and I let it get on top of me yesterday afternoon, even though I was on guard, which is always hard to take later when you are thinking about it.

Anyway, I blogged a hugely long post about it, and about how I'm trying to recover from it and move forward, so I won't rehash it here, if anyone is interested they can read my post.

I will say that I am now looking forward to a binge-free October and I know I can do it!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2013, 03:06 PM   #85  

MrsSnark, you've accomplished a lot this month and throughout the year. Look how much you've lost! So glad you're here with us!