Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 09-16-2013, 02:36 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 177/142.6/134

Height: 5'5

Wow, it can hit you like a ton of bricks, can't it?! I was stressed over a class I have to teach on Thursday, and couldn't find part of my notes. Suddenly, I wanted to eat everything in sight. I tried to distract myself a million ways, but still was a nervous wreck. I vented like a nut to my poor husband at work, and he calmed me down. I haven't found my notes yet, but I went from an uptight crazy person to finally becoming somewhat normal. I can't believe all of this happened and I didn't eat! I'm here to report it can be done. Now I have to call my husband back and thank him.

Last edited by tyla; 09-16-2013 at 02:39 PM.
tyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 03:27 PM   #32  
Michelle the Vegan

S/C/G: >207/under goal/150

Height: ~5'9" of Snark

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyla View Post
I can't believe all of this happened and I didn't eat! I'm here to report it can be done. Now I have to call my husband back and thank him.
GOOD JOB!!! And yes, it really can sneak up on you when you are least prepared!

Hang in there and I hope the Notes Fairy returns your teaching materials to you pronto!
Mrs Snark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 06:45 PM   #33  

I wanted to chime in to check in. Last night was rough but not terrible. I am trying to be gentle with myself. I don't have to judge myself over my behavior, this just creates more self-hate. I am working on self sabotaging behavior.
NoNoNOJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:06 PM   #34  

One more thing...I am going out for dinner tonight with a colleague. This sometimes presents problems for me. I am committing to sticking to my food plan and not sabotaging myself.
NoNoNOJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 07:17 PM   #35  

S/C/G: GW: 125

Height: 5'6"

Hello everyone!

Tyla, AWESOME JOB! I think learning to pull back from the "edge of the abyss" is probably the most useful skill we can learn to overcome binge behavior. And you did it today! And every time you flex that "pull back" muscle, it gets stronger. Nice!

MrsSnark, planning for a whole week -- that's great! I try to plan for the day each morning, or the night before. It would be good for me in so many ways to plan on, say, Sunday, for the whole week ahead.

Mzshaunna, hope you had a good weekend!

NoNoNOJ, you are so right -- don't judge yourself. We are not [insert the negative words here] -- we are fighting and struggling and learning to overcome something. Everyone has a "thing" (I said this to a friend once, and she said, "A thing? I have a hundred things!"). Right now, this is yours thing (and mine). And we're fighting it every step of the way.

I did well at my party yesterday and, even better, did well after -- no post-party-relief-binge. I treated myself to a diet coke afterwards (I used to drink one a day, but now I'm cutting back, so it really was a treat!). Sushi for dinner, a couple hundred calories over goal for the day but that was OK. I'm in a deficit and I ran 6 miles so 200 calories for wine is something I'm comfortable with!
thesame7lbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:03 PM   #36  
Aussie :)

S/C/G: 101.4kg/98.3kg/70kg

Height: 5'11

tyla - thank you for the words of encouragement I applaud you for being able to do it in a bakery, one of my first jobs was working in a bakery inside a supermarket and man that was hard especially when the baker was tempting us with freshly made donuts (one of my weaknesses)

Mrs Snark - hope you feel better soon I am feeling better and my weekend went well in terms of exercise but still need to watch what I am eating. Definately improving though, even if it is only in baby steps

NoNoNOJ - hope everything went well with the dinner. I find them hard as well as I am always tempted by hot chips

I am still slipping up every now and then but if I compare heck even to a week ago and several weeks before then, I am slowly progressing. I think I am going through a detox at the moment as I am feeling pretty crummy
mzshaunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 09:35 AM   #37  
Michelle the Vegan

Great job 7lbs! It sounds like it was a good day!

NoJ - I hope everything went well last night!

MzShaunna - Progress is what is important, not perfection! I'm sorry you are feeling crummy, detox is rough. I just had a mini-detox after having planned junk food over the weekend, and bleeeerg, it felt awful!

I had a great day yesterday -- everything I ate tasted good and was emotionally satisfying as well; I never felt overly hungry or snacky; my run was blissful; and my mind was peaceful and quiet. I love those kinds of days!
Old 09-17-2013, 03:24 PM   #38  

It's been a hectic day today with lots to do, but in spite of that, I'm actually doing much better than yesterday. I've decided to practice without my notes and do the best I can with what I've got. And it will all turn out ok. Thanks, everyone, for your support and encouragement!

Welcome, NoNoNoJ! What a great idea to be kind and gentle to yourself! I love that idea. I must work on that, too. I seem to be kind and gentle to others, before I do so with myself. In my eyes, I must be perfect. Congrats to you for learning a new behavior!! I hope all worked out with your dinner.

7lbs, you have a great attitude! I love the fact that you can go over a couple of hundred cals and put it behind you. Then drinking a diet coke after the dinner. Excellent! Plus you ran 6 miles!!! That's fantastic!!

MzShaunna, That is wonderful, that you are doing much better than last week. It's all about baby steps and progressing forward! Best of luck to you!!

MrsSnark, I love your attitude, too! As I was running around getting my errands done, I thought of you! I was trying to be more peaceful and quiet. It helped me a lot!

Lots of hugs to all of you, and let's continue to make this a great day!!

Last edited by tyla; 09-17-2013 at 03:25 PM.
Old 09-17-2013, 06:39 PM   #39  
Aussie :)

S/C/G: 101.4kg/98.3kg/70kg

Height: 5'11

For the first time yesterday I had a junk food-free binge day no chips or chocolate. I did snack on some chilli flavoured peanuts which probably isn't too great as it's not healthy because of the flavouring. I have made some diet jelly so today have something a bit better to snack on

Mrs Snark - I definately agree, detox is rough lol! I guess it was my body's way of telling me off haha thankfully I am feeling much better today.

tyla - thanks for that tyla best of luck to you too, I am sure we can all get through this together
mzshaunna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 08:08 PM   #40  
Michelle the Vegan

What is diet jelly? Not something I'm familiar with!
Old 09-17-2013, 09:24 PM   #41  

I just got back from Zumba class. Boy, am I exhausted! It wasn't that hard or anything, just continuous movement for an hour. My poor legs and knees are sore. (Hope I can walk tomorrow.) We did every kind of dance you could think of...Hip Hop, Rock, Twist, Cha Cha, Indian Dancing, Belly Dancing, etc. Wow, all that in an hour...I felt like I was in "Dancing With the Stars." lol

MzShaunna, I'm so proud of you for not eating any sugar!!!!! That's huge!! Congrats to you! And I don't think the peanuts were that bad for you. The main thing is that you stopped after a little.

MrsSnark, I just realized you lost 60+ lbs. Wow, I'm impressed!! Congrats!
Old 09-18-2013, 09:00 AM   #42  
Michelle the Vegan

Thanks Tyla! Zumba sounds awesome, I hope just getting out of bed this morning wasn't super challenging due to soreness!

Another great day for me yesterday, felt really good and normal. Tried on clothes in my closet for a while -- that always helps me stay focused, lol!

Last edited by Mrs Snark; 09-18-2013 at 09:00 AM.
Old 09-18-2013, 02:16 PM   #43  

Hi MrsSnark!! How did you do with wearing your old clothes? I've still got a ways to go (from just last year), before I can fit into clothes, that I looked good in. What a bummer!

I got major cramps in the middle of the night from Zumba. I don't know why?! I took another Zumba class some time ago, with a different instructor. No problems. But I guess pushing in too hard too fast isn't the way to go for me. I can walk, though! I will go back, however.

I thought I've been in control, binge-free for months. It's only been 10 days!
Old 09-18-2013, 06:53 PM   #44  
Michelle the Vegan

Tyla -- I had fun trying things on, stuff I don't even recognize anymore it has been so long since I wore them, lol! Unfortunately I have "aged out" of alot of my skinny clothes, lol, oh well.

Sorry about the cramps, those stink. Hopefully that will be your one and only experience with zumba-induced cramps!
Old 09-19-2013, 10:13 AM   #45  

S/C/G: 147/147/135 HW - 190

Height: 5'6"

Hi everyone,

I've been having a hard time with binging (or mini binges) lately due to the stress of moving to a new city and being unemployed. I'd love you join you ladies for some support and to be more accountable

Lisa
LisaTcan is offline   Reply With Quote