3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Chicks in Control

Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Nightly overeating?

Old 09-27-2013, 12:52 PM   #31

Height: 5'6

I do this A LOT! I can follow a "diet" or eat well during the day, and after I get home from work in the evenings, I start eating dinner, then it's like I can't stop and I just begin eating everything in sight! Then I'm kicking myself afterwards and I begin to feel crappy for eating like that, then I go to bed and cycle continues on and on, day after day.
This week I have been off work, spending some time at home and I have noticed myself eating a lot more. I'm kicking myself for that one too. I've got to get back into the groove of exercising, walking, eating clean, etc. I feel awful when I don't.
This time of the year (in the US) is so hard considering all the holidays coming up and I seem to eat more fatty/comfort foods in the fall/winter months!
Gotta get back on track!!! Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way!
KikiLosesIt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 02:52 PM   #32
Learning to Think Healthy

S/C/G: 195/181/150

Height: 5'5"

I have the exact same problem. I pack my lunch and rarely go out for lunch, so I do fine during the day. I have quick and easy meals for breakfast, such as microwavable egg white, canadian bacon, and cheese on a whole-grain muffin (from aldi) or a meal replacement shake.

Once I get home, I usually eat whatever my mom makes, so its usually calorie dense. Then, I just keep craving junk the rest of the night even though I already reached my calorie allowance. I need to work on self-control.

Current Goal: Wear Size 10 Pants by September 1st
Psychic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:14 PM   #33

Evenings right after work are my worst time for compulsive eating, because that's my way of releasing tension. So, yes, definitely. But I've never been a late night snacker like most people. Just a large dinner where I eat way more than my body needs. I'm getting better at that through meditation to help reduce anxiety.
Mazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2013, 09:35 PM   #34

S/C/G: 225/167/135

Height: 5'7"

I know this sounds weird, but every time I wanna eat at night I use some mouth wash and food (and by food I mean chocolate which is my weakness at night) and chocolate taste weird after brushing your teeth or using mouth wash.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:13 PM   #35
Renaissance Woman

S/C/G: 363/306/185

Height: 5'10.5"

Just saw this topic again. Grateful that it's here for me tonight because I'm really frustrated by this behavior of mine!

I have been using food to self medicate in the evenings, and this causes me to totally overeat. Once I start, can't seem to stop myself. So I just asked myself why start? I can make really great choices during the day, but in the evening, once I get home from work, I get edgy and my brain starts buzzing and I have been using food to numb. I start eating, even if I'm not hungry. And even if I have plenty of calories left at the end of the day, I'll eat all those and then more, until I'm stuffed and sleepy.

I often wondered how I could just break up with food altogether, because the fat would melt away if I could do that! I've been able to give up a lot of different foods for health reasons. I can manipulate macronutrients very easily. But quantity and timing seems to be an elusive thing for me to manage.

I have been able to sustain intermittent fasting for quite a long time, just not eating from the moment I go to sleep until about 2 the next day. 16-hr. fasts. But in those 8 remaining hours, I can eat ALL my calories for the day. So IF becomes useless.

So now I'm going try to shift my eating window to 6 a.m. to 2 p.m., because I seem to be able to control quantity and content best during those hours, and I'll just avoid eating altogether after 2 p.m.

I have to find another way to deal with the evening edginess. Push-ups!

Last edited by geoblewis : 10-10-2013 at 09:15 PM.
geoblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 07:27 AM   #36

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

I notice that I munch late at night when I'm feeling particularly anxious or stressed. It doesn't really help that hubby and I have totally different schedules, and he goes to bed by 9pm, leaving me alone and a little lonely up until 11pm. 9-11pm is pretty dangerous territory for me and that's when I reach for snack foods, mostly salty. When whatever event that I'm stressed about passes I feel fine again and immediately start craving more raw foods. I hate stress and anxiety!!!

"Binging is a descent into a world where every restriction... is cut loose. At its core is a feeling of deprivation.. a feeling you can never get enough. Binges do not signify a lack of willpower or inability to care for yourself. On the contrary, binges are a urgent attempt to care for yourself when you feel uncared for. They are the voice of survival. Binges are the mark of the self that says, 'I am tired of feeling deprived, of being told I am wrong, that I am bad." - Geneen Roth
Wannabeskinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 08:49 PM   #37
Living in the moment!

S/C/G: 252/242/150

Height: 5'3"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mazzy View Post
Evenings right after work are my worst time for compulsive eating, because that's my way of releasing tension. So, yes, definitely. But I've never been a late night snacker like most people. Just a large dinner where I eat way more than my body needs. I'm getting better at that through meditation to help reduce anxiety.
This sums it up for me! I finished grad school last year, and am working long hours at two jobs to try to pay off student loans. After seeing patients all day, when I get home, it is like my self control goes out the window. I convince myself that I "deserve" things that are not the best choices because I have worked so hard, had a crappy day, etc. Ugh.

Kenda
Kendah72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:35 AM   #38

S/C/G: 223/183/170

Height: 5'7

You are definitely not the only one! I do the same thing! Everything was great until I got back to school -_- I'm literally paying for food on campus on top of giving money to the vending machines. I tried tactics like not having money on me and stuff, but that wasn't getting to the root of my problem. I really need to listen to my body and what it wants. It wont be easy, but it is definitely possible for all of us!

One for every five pounds lost!
Chaselove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 01:27 PM   #39

What's been working for me is to find foods that are healthy alternatives to the foods I crave at night. It's usually a salty snack and a sweet snack. So I might have some no-oil popcorn or whole grain pretzels and some dried cranberries. I take a serving (which is always enough). It's been working out pretty well as I realize that I just need to meet the craving and it's my choice if it's a healthy or non-healthy alternative.

And I also always have a bottle of water at my side - that helps a lot!

Tam

S: Size 16-18
C: Size 14
G: Size 8-10
tammay is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.