Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 08-30-2013, 10:11 PM   #1  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

Default omfg

i have eaten so much tonight, and i'm MAD. i'm mad that i drank. i'm mad that i let myself do that. this happens every time. i go out, i have fun, and then i come home and eat. i don't know why. but i do. and it's so annoying and frustrating and my boy is in my bed asleep and i dont want him in there asleep i want him out here with me. and he's asleep. So what do I do? drink half a bottle of wine, eat cake and ice cream and candy and an apple (I justified that one because it was healthy lmao) and now I'm currently fighting the urge to finish my beer in the fridge and whatever else munchie food I have. it's so stupid and i want to stop, but why does this happen??? it pisses me off so much that i do so well and then ruin everything. i'm not touching the scale tomorrow. that's for sure.

the end.
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 10:37 PM   #2  

Location: Anchorage AK in the summer, Lawrence KS and travel in the winter

S/C/G: High 285+ 256/ticker/160ish

Height: 5'6"

Stop. Go to bed. Nothing is ruined. Start over tomorrow. Live and learn.

Easier typed than done but that's what you need to do.
vintagecat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 07:16 AM   #3  
Aloha nui loa

Height: 6'0

All the more reason to get on the scale tomorrow, to reinforce the consequences of an action.

Running from what you did won't help you control it in the future. Weigh in, know it's over and done, and move on with better choices today, because tomorrow is gone and today is all you've got!
MauiKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:12 AM   #4  
Scottish Fat Fighter

S/C/G: 119/100/60kgs

Height: 5ft2inches

It was a moment of weakness and it happens. It's happened to everyone of us but MauiKai is right, you need to face the consequences not run from them. Face the music, step on the scales and then start again. 1 binge does not mean your starting from the beginning again, it just means your starting a step back but the important thing is you start again. You can do it!
Fionnin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:31 AM   #5  
Hi, I'm Lauren! :)

S/C/G: SW:209 / CW:184/ GW:~160

Height: 5'4

Ha! I actually lost weight! 146.6! I'll take it! Lets just hope that stays like that, haha.

However, I sure do feel like poop this morning. Now I know why I don't drink more than a beer or two anymore, lol. XD thank you guys for being here in my moment of weakness!
mimsyborogoves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:22 AM   #6  

S/C/G: 217/179/142

Height: 5'2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimsyborogoves View Post
Ha! I actually lost weight! 146.6! I'll take it! Lets just hope that stays like that, haha.

However, I sure do feel like poop this morning. Now I know why I don't drink more than a beer or two anymore, lol. XD thank you guys for being here in my moment of weakness!
While I'm glad that you didn't show a gain, don't let that make you think that what you did was OK. Just be thankful that you are getting a second chance.
Wannabehealthy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:06 AM   #7  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabehealthy View Post
While I'm glad that you didn't show a gain, don't let that make you think that what you did was OK.
I prefer to look at the OP's behaviour in neutral terms: it was an action that had consequences. It's up to her to decide if she prefers a different action (more restraint) with a different consequence (weight loss and improved health). In general I don't think that berating ourselves for our "poor" choices leads to more healthful behaviour. If anything, it leads to the self-loathing we seek to assuage with more food.

Freelance
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 11:21 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 165/140/130

Height: 5'8

I totally relate to that restless feeling where I've gone out, had a good time, eaten healthfully, come home still amped up..... and choose to expend that energy and restlessness eating.

So... I just don't keep binge foods in the house. I have no "snacks" (nuts, chips, popcorn), no desserts (cakes, cookies) and no beer in the house. The only stuff I have are whole foods that can be used to make an actual meal: veggies, eggs etc.

Also, I belong to a 24 hour gym. If I'm extremely restless and refuse to sleep, I hit the gym. I'm never the only one there. My guess is this is all pretty common.

Good luck doing better next time!
PorkyPiggin is offline   Reply With Quote