Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-29-2013, 08:09 PM   #1  

Default Bingeing to delay responsibility

So I think I just binge ate as an excuse to sit here and do nothing for the rest of the night.

I binged yesterday too, but that's because I tried fasting all day to eat at a restaurant that ended up not picking up my calls/was closed (they were supposed to be open), I won't do that again. Today though, I came home from my first day at a new job, tired, with paperwork I needed to fill out, packages to ship, plans to go the gym, a store to visit for another job, pre-class work I needed to start, a programming book to read and a mess of a bedroom and kitchen to clean.

I didn't want to do any of it, so I didn't, instead I started eating.

The eating turned into an all out binge and now I'm sitting here online, have been for the past 2 hrs, and have somehow justified doing nothing all night until I fall asleep in my post binge stress disordered mood. Was all of that eating just an excuse to delay responsibility? Because there's no other way I would allow myself to be so blatantly unproductive and irresponsible on a weekday. Does anyone else do this? I won't do it again.

Last edited by Granola; 07-29-2013 at 08:11 PM.
Granola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:22 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 195/145/145

Height: 5'11"

Hi there,

I think we've all done things like eating (or drinking, smoking, whatever) to delay responsibility. That's not disordered, it's just human. It's good that you have the insight to realize what you're doing! Next time your responsibilities overwhelm you, perhaps you can promise yourself to tackle just ONE thing. When you're done, see if you're up for one more thing. And so on.

Freelance
freelancemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 08:36 PM   #3  
Scood

S/C/G: 71.4 kilos

Height: 5.2. Ft

Yes, my first day back went fantastic all day, the at night 3 packets of Veggie chips and two drum sticks???? Makes no sense why I did it

Back on track counting calories making sure I don't waste them and looking for more food in with less calories. I make diet jellies and eat the whole jelly that works for me.

I always get the machines when my husband sits in front of me eating lollies and drumsticks. I've ask him not to buy them, he doesn't worry about weight

Give yourself talking to like your advising another weight watcher

Scood
scood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 09:26 PM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by freelancemomma View Post
Hi there,

I think we've all done things like eating (or drinking, smoking, whatever) to delay responsibility. That's not disordered, it's just human. It's good that you have the insight to realize what you're doing! Next time your responsibilities overwhelm you, perhaps you can promise yourself to tackle just ONE thing. When you're done, see if you're up for one more thing. And so on.

Freelance
Thanks, I just wish I had that insight before it happened! It's like I would never have conceded to being under stress less I had this binge needing justification. I wish I could just go through a single package of cookies when I'm stressed like a 'normal' person though. That's a good suggestion, doing one thing at a time, then it won't be 'ugh, I have to do all of this in 5 hrs'. Mental lists, in general, I think are a cause for stress, they should be written as to clear the mind...
Granola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 12:14 AM   #5  
Jillian stole my abs!

S/C/G: 195.8/138/140

Height: 5'5"

You mentioned, "Normal"

That I discovered is a dang big word!

Have you ever tried to define "normal?"

What do you think is "normal" for you?

I had a "light bulb" moment a few years ago, when I realized, that "normal", was not, what I thought it was.

"Normal" has to be what works for each individual, to be healthy and happy.
shcirerf is offline   Reply With Quote