Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-25-2013, 08:28 AM   #16  

S/C/G: 199/159/135

Height: 5'4.5"

I am gluten free, if I have just the smallest amount of gluten (whether I realize it or not) I am doubled over in agonizing pain and have to remain on the "throne" for the rest of the day. Needless to say, most things that I couldn't resist pre-gluten free (like pizza) are now not even remotely a temptation. In fact, the idea of eating a greasy frozen or restaurant pizza or cheeseburger makes me ill. It took 3 years to get to this point. I did really well until my husband and mother, trying to be helpful, pointed out the gluten free cookies at my grocery store. I really did not want or need to know about them. If there is a package of them in my house I eat the entire package (10 cookies) in one sitting. It is disgusting the way I tear into them, to the point of making myself sick. I avoid that part of the store like the plague. Chocolate is another major problem. Fortunately, I hate ice cream, most cakes, oreo type cookies, etc that seem to be common addictions. Yes, I HATE ice cream. I am weird, I know. I don't hate crackers, chips, or things like that, they just aren't a big temptation for me.
Seashell84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:15 AM   #17  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

definitely cookies, nutella, chocolate, granola, anything with sugar.
sometimes i wish my trigger food would be chips and things like that, that are salty, but no it has to be sugar :/
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 04:22 PM   #18  

chips, cheez its, and nuts. cant have em around or else i feel that i have to eat them all...otherwise they might be there tomorrow and then i'll eat them! my brain doesn't make sense
michellio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 03:16 AM   #19  

S/C/G: 191/149/135

Height: 5'8

At this point...I can't keep any food in my apartment at all. I literally have an empty fridge and empty cabinets. So sad.
Mer du Japon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:23 AM   #20  
I Can Change

S/C/G: 151/149.9/120

Height: 5'6"

Default I wish I could keep these foods out but there would be mutiny by the teenage boys

These are what I wish were not in my home now-
chocolate covered nut bars, chips, lollies, cookies, bread, crackers, honey, nutella....

When I was single I did well by never keeping any junk/snack foods at home. Doesn't mean I didn't go out and buy them and eat them in one sitting though. Mostly I have been wheat free for years in my "normal" diet but when I binge I eat everything. I have recently realized I am totally triggered to binge by ANYTHING sweet, even dried fruit as well as nuts, chips and wheat anything.

Last edited by tarabella; 10-30-2013 at 09:47 PM.
tarabella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 12:55 PM   #21  
One day at a time!

S/C/G: 361/351/300

Height: 5'2"

I absolutely without a doubt cannot have Oreos, chocolate of any kind, my mom's homemade baked chex mix, chocolate chip cookies, or muffins. Not the kind that's good for you... I mean the big @$$ blueberry ones with the rock sugar crystals atop that glorious mountain of muffinness... or the cocolate-chocolate chip ones... oh gosh just thinking about them makes me giddy.
Yeah... back to reality... can't have them in my house. EVER.
MamaApril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 10:43 PM   #22  
Lifelong Alaskan!

S/C/G: 230/180/150

Height: 5'5"

I struggle with "just one piece" or "just one bowl" of several things and I try to limit having them around....pizza, ice cream if it's chocolate or mint, sour cream chips, chewy granola bars and various chocolate cookies....I struggle SO MUCH with sugar and chocolate ughhh

luckily i'm somehow picky enough that I can have a lot of snacks around for the kids that I don't like....I don't like cup o noodle soups, cheese/cracker snacks, packaged wheat crackers, goldfish etc., fruit snacks and stuff like that...I also keep healthy snacks for the kids also like oranges, celery, cheese, yogurt, bananas but I wont binge/overeat on those
alaskanlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 05:22 PM   #23  

S/C/G: 308 / See ticker / 200

Height: 5'4"

Chips! I can go through a whole family sized bag of chips in two days! Its seriously awful. Not so much sweets, Cheez its.. wheat thins mostly.
Saracandoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:39 PM   #24  
Making it a lifestyle!

Height: 5'9.5"

They say people with allergies LOVE the taste of things they are allergic to...definitely true for me. Going wheat-free (because of an allergy) eliminated 90% of foods I would feel tempted to binge on. Even if the foods are basically the same, wheat vs. wheat-free versions will have very different effects on me. Oreos for example - normal ones I can't eat a bite of without something turning on in my brain that compels me to eat the entire package, but with wheat-free/gluten-free oreos I am perfectly happy eating one or two. I had to eliminate wheat completely from my diet.
I'm also sensitive to dairy, which comprises most of the remaining trigger foods. I still allow myself a bit of cheese or ice cream or something every once in a while, but I do suffer the consequences later (earaches, itchy sore throat, sinus inflammation). Low-sugar cultured dairy is the exception and allowed without restriction (think plain greek yogurt and kefir; unlike normal dairy, it takes fairly large quantities to bother me.)
All that said, the only non-wheat, non-dairy trigger food I've come across in the past several months is...potato chips. Yep. Those need to be kept away from me most of the time. Kettle corn is also tempting, but not so bad since there is never any in the house.
Chocolate seems to be a common trigger food, but I have no trouble portioning out a serving and eating only that, so it is allowed.

Last edited by Chronostasis; 07-29-2013 at 06:40 PM.
Chronostasis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 06:45 PM   #25  

Oh so many things. I am vegan, so that helps a little, but anything refined and carby is not my friend. I really crave carbs sometimes, so it takes a lot of effort, to eat enough but not too much. I only have 70% plus dark chocolate in the house, which somewhat limits my ability to eat the entire bar in 10 minutes. Also ice cream (vegan obv)

Honestly when I am in a binge mode though, not much is off limits. :/
TrueBloodFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 07:29 PM   #26  

S/C/G: 185/183/145

Height: 5'7"

*Cereal* Of any kind - healthy or Fruity Pebbles - there goes my diet and my waistline!

If it's in the apartment, then it serves as my dinner, after dinner snack, and turns into a ridiculous binge.

Also, my husband's amazingly tasty triple chocolate brownies give me canker sores because I'm not used to having that much sugar at once.

Ah well - fruits and veggies all the way!
coffeeshopgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2013, 12:48 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 320/320/200

Height: 5'4

I have a long list!
Hot dogs, bologna, pizza, lasagna, sugary cereal, chocolate milk, sweet tea, chips, any other kind of bread besides (white), basically Any kind of sweet besides Fiber plus bars; I learn the hard way about once a month on why I don't binge eat these :0
How long do you guys wait to bring back banned foods?
Sreya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:30 PM   #28  

S/C/G: 232/ticker/140

Height: 5'7"

The biggest one for me is pizza, particularly leftover pizza that's calling my name from the fridge. I've binged on pizza too much in the past, it's almost like a habit that I am trying to break. For some reason, I just can't stop thinking about it if it's in the fridge.

Another one is potato chips, but only my favorite kinds (salt/vinegar or cheddar/sour cream). I can seriously eat an entire bag of those.
MedChick87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 02:39 PM   #29  

Nuts. If I have pistachio nuts nearby I devour them all! I also have trouble with sugar and chocolate. Currently I live with my sister and nephew, and she has things for him that I stay away from. So difficult! When I move to my own apartment next month I plan to keep my cupboard really clean.
TheLauren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2013, 04:40 PM   #30  

S/C/G: 273/196/163

Height: 5'8

I cannot have the cookie/cake/cupcake mixtures you get in the box - the temptation to spontaneously cook at 1am comes around easily. It was a large contributor to my weight gain.
madelinerose94 is offline   Reply With Quote