3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks in Control (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/)
-   -   very upset... (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control/284303-very-upset.html)

raworz 07-03-2013 04:15 AM

very upset...

So I've restarted my weight loss journey, have been losing some weight. Everything was looking up.. until I asked my husband to go and get my diet root beer because I ran out... He did, handed me a tall glass of it with ice... I apparently can't taste the difference between regular and diet, and he apparently didn't notice there wasn't a "diet" on the box... so... long story short, I haven't been losing weight. I've actually been gaining, and I'm super mad about the sugar intake for the week I must have... unknowingly consuming 1-3 cans of the stuff a day.... I'm sick, I'm so mad. I feel sabotaged and poisoned... I'm worried about not knowing how many cans I actually had during the past days, I'm worried about weight gain even though I count my calories, I weigh ALL my foods and track it to the T. :mad::tantrum::rollpin:
I am just at a loss.. of words... I feel like this -> :(

Leaves 07-03-2013 06:09 AM

argh, that sucks, I'm sorry. I felt just the same when I realised I'd screwed up some maths once and inadvertently half as much pasta again that what I meant to. But if you've been losing weight, then surely you are still doing fine! Now you know, you can avoid the same mistake again and after a few days of being on plan I'm sure you'll feel much better about yourself :)

Don't give up! You're doing great :)

freelancemomma 07-03-2013 08:39 AM

It's a tiny blip. Let's say you averaged 2 daily cans of the stuff for a week. If each can is 200 cals, that's only 2,800 extra calories, or not even a pound! Don't give it another thought. You're doing great.

F.

nationalparker 07-03-2013 08:46 AM

Accept it for what it was - a mistake, and move on. As the above poster said, it's not a large amount if avg of two cans/day and yes, that was extra calories, but not enough to even amount to a pound of extra fat on your body, so it's not the cause for any weight gain or stalled losing.

raworz 07-03-2013 03:30 PM

@Leaves: omg I'm so sorry! yeah after a while of counting calories, there tends to be a mix up or two once in a while... thank you for the support. I woke up this morning and decided to not worry about it anymore. It wasn't helping.

@FLM: Thank you for the data! I'm really all about calculating and inputting my food so knowing that I probably haven't reached that awful 3,500 mark makes me feel better.

NP: Thanks, next time I'm definitely checking what the can says :) heh.

happybug 09-17-2013 03:33 AM

This reminds me of the night I realized I'd counted my points wrong and I'd gone way over. I was so mad at myself. I don't think a few cans of soft drink will make that much difference, don't be too hard on yourself. You're doing great, keep up the good work!

vintagecat 09-18-2013 12:35 PM

It happens. I'm diabetic and a couple of times the drive through help got it wrong. The cup was sticky after it dried. Oops. No lasting harm done though.

It's about the preponderance of one's intake not the few things that get by that wins the day in the end.

zoesmom 09-18-2013 01:12 PM

Take a deep breath and repeat after me, "This too shall pass."

Weight loss has valleys and hills. It has climbs and stumbles. Just remember to get up every time you stumble and you will be fine.

It coulda been worse...you could have been put on predisone by your doctor. Everyone gains mad weight on that in no time, which is super sucky when you are dieting. :)

Take your blessings where you can and go forward.

:hug:

Palestrina 09-19-2013 08:48 AM

Think of the positive, at least you gave your body a break from those artificial sweeteners during those couple of days.