Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-22-2013, 10:48 AM   #46  
Stay Focused & Committed

S/C/G: 237/205/184

Height: 5" 5.5

I need to join this thread again as I had some binge issues this past weekend. I want to gain control and get back to losing weight again. In the past, this thread has helped me to gain control of my eating. I was feeling lonely and I was really tired over the weekend so I turned to food for comfort . Today I feel AWFUL from all the junk I ate. I'm trying to turn it around and get back on track. I WILL make it through the day binge free. I am following the Weight Watchers plan so I have logged every bite so far.
GettinFit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:07 PM   #47  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

granola- i hope you're doing ok. one week is an amazing accomplishment, you're finally breaking the pattern.

kitty-woohoo on 6 weeks. keep it up.

hopesfull- we've all been there, done that. wish you luck and welcome.

so i've been thinking about binging a lot lately but i haven't succumbed yet, i'm just waiting for it to happen. so far i've been strong and i resisted, though the urges weren't that strog, but still. this is going to be tough week, i just finished with my last exam, i have 5 days to pack, move all my stuff to a new apprtment in the biggest heat wave and pack again to return home for the summer. i can't wait to go home, in about 4 weeks i'm suppose to attend a wedding where all my family is going to be who hasn't seen me in a few years. some saw me when i was skinny but most of them saw me when i was at my heaviest. right now i'm somewhere in the middle and i feel so nervous seeing them after a long time. they will be critiquing me a lot, and i'm working my hardest to lose at least a few pounds till then but my scale is protesting and it hasn't budged over a week. i'm not giving up, i keep telling myself it's a water retention from "exercising" . here's to a positive and successfull week!
man am i happy exams are over
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 11:09 PM   #48  

@Gettinfit Good luck!

@misssunshine I'm doing alright now, thanks, I've got 5 weeks until school starts back up again so we're on a similar weight loss timeline.

I guess I binged today, it was bad in terms of all the food but not bad psychologically, I'm not really distressed or too upset about it.

I did a sort of pen pal like exchange with someone abroad (planned for probably a month or more), we both sent each other a box of candies and such, my package came today and I kind of decided to just eat all of it at once (Had to run out the house this morning for an appointment and skipped breakfast and I really wanted to eat breakfast at home so waited until I got home (about 7 hours after getting up) to eat anything and there was the package).

I'm not really mad about it because there's no way I was going to throw it all out (lots of foreign stuff I haven't tried, too) or give it away after all of that planning, so it was going to get eaten (by me) eventually and I didn't want it in the house temping me all day every day so that binge was sort of inevitable. It's all I've eaten all day. I've been trying, generally, to not do the whole starvation after a binge thing but I'm not really hungry and it was A LOT of candy, also I want an empty stomach for breakfast tomorrow.

And I've finally come to terms with the fact that I've got to cut back on my salt intake, even though it doesn't have any calories the bloating is becoming a real problem making me want to binge to 'empty' myself and drinking an obscene amount of water to combat it doesn't actually work. My crazy salt intake is the last unhealthy part of my diet so I'm happy to finally be doing something about it.

Eh, tomorrow is a new day, I guess I'll call it Day 1.

Last edited by Granola; 07-22-2013 at 11:12 PM.
Granola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 09:12 AM   #49  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

one week till the end of the month girls! how're you doing?
it's so hot here it's driving me crazy.
i'm hanging in there, it's hard but i try to resist a little bit more.
the scale is not moving at all!! i've been on 1300-1500 cal for a few weeks now and i walk a lot plus do some strength exercise and nothing. :/ i'm worried that i totally screwed up my metabolism with gaining -losing the same 10 pounds the last two years? at this point i have no idea what my bmr is...i always thought it was about 2000 cal, but obviously it's not. i don't want to spend the rest of my life on 1500 cal when i reach my goal
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 02:39 PM   #50  

I've been good since Monday, it can be hard to tell sometimes if I'm losing or not, sometimes it's clear that I am but at other times I feel the same size as a week ago. It's like I feel the same amount of fat but I seem to look better. I'll give it another week and then re-evaluate, I really don't want to have to cut daily calories.
Old 07-28-2013, 05:47 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Height: 5'8"

Made it to 7 weeks binge free then binged. I was in the hospital and got out a day early, which I think caused me some distress. I have had to be on a special diet for the treatment I was hospitalized for, and I was so excited to go back to the foods I wasn't allowed to have.

I think I could have managed the food thing, but I'm realizing that it is the emotional loneliness and total isolation I'm feeling that set me off. I have to be isolated from others due to the radiation exposure; I can't even be at home to see my cats so I'm at a hotel. I feel totally alone, and in unfamiliar surroundings, I feel like nobody cares about me and that I'm totally on my own in life. I hate the leader I support at work because he makes me feel like crap even though I put in an unbelievable amount of effort to help him succeed. I am taking a two-week vacation in early September and he is angry that people would even consider taking time off when there is a big work project going on until October. Jerk. But it makes me feel guilty.

So I'm alone, isolated, overworked, and completely unhappy with my life, and totally disoriented due to my hospitalization and recovery. And I have been binging.

I will start off on a fresh slate tomorrow...
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2013, 02:23 AM   #52  

Things didn't go according to plan and in response I lost control; I need a plan B for next time. Here comes August.

EDIT: Ugh, I want to be sick. I'm so disgusted and angry with myself, I was doing really well and to think of all the points I could have stopped by didn't, why? I wish I could stay inside and fast for a week but I have to go work, I wish I could call out sick, I hardly slept and feel terrible.

EDIT2: And I'm continuing to binge today, at this point I guess it's just from a lack of discipline or concern.

Last edited by Granola; 07-29-2013 at 04:46 PM.
Old 07-29-2013, 08:39 PM   #53  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Height: 5'8"

I'm still binging. Can't stop. Worst binge episode since I started therapy eight months ago. I feel sick as I look in the mirror, I'm so fat and bloated.

I want to die.
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 08:33 PM   #54  

Hope you're doing better, Kitty. I think I overate a little today but I wasn't really counting, dinner was sort of disgusting, ugh I hate disappointing meals.