Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-12-2013, 10:21 PM   #31  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Height: 5'8"

Just passed the week five binge-free mark. My previous record is 19 weeks so I have a long way to go to top that, but after such a challenging April, May, and early June it just feels good to be back on track.

I'm so proud of my progress. I actually was able to bake a cake tonight and I only ate one normal-sized slice. In the past, I wouldn't have been able to eat only one slice; I would have eaten the whole thing. This moderation thing might just be working

Last edited by KittyKatFan; 07-14-2013 at 06:02 PM.
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 05:37 PM   #32  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

omg, kitty i just came here to announce that i baked today and didn't binge on it and i'm so proud and i read your post that you baked too. hehe and great job on week five
i stopped counting my days but so far so good. trying to lose some weight untill a wedding in august, am exercising a bit and notice a little change in my booty which is great.
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2013, 06:09 PM   #33  

Quote:
Originally Posted by missunshine View Post
omg, kitty i just came here to announce that i baked today and didn't binge on it and i'm so proud and i read your post that you baked too. hehe and great job on week five
i stopped counting my days but so far so good. trying to lose some weight untill a wedding in august, am exercising a bit and notice a little change in my booty which is great.
Isn't it amazing to be able to cook or bake something and leave the majority of it sitting in the pan? that may not be a big deal to normal eaters but it is a HUGE sign of progress for me...and for you too, I'm guessing.

Because I live alone, I can't eat the whole cake before it would go bad (there are about nine portions there). I had one piece on Friday, one on Saturday, and a few bites today. I put two more portions into individual containers, then threw out the rest. I didn't want to be tempted, and I think the rest would go bad before I ate them.

I have never allowed myself to cook something that is more than one portion, or to buy anything that isn't wrapped in individual portions because I will eat the whole thing. Maybe it is time to start thinking about buying a bag of something, like cookies, and see if I can just eat one serving.
Old 07-15-2013, 01:04 AM   #34  

Today and yesterday were both very good and I feel good about going into this next week, even though I've said that most weeks for months now, it's still not a bad feeling to have. I started buying peanut butter ('healthy' trouble food #1) and raisins (#2) in single serving packages so no more extra spoonfuls here and there.

2nd half of July incoming (that was fast), good luck to everyone going forward.

Last edited by Granola; 07-15-2013 at 01:04 AM.
Granola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2013, 03:05 PM   #35  

S/C/G: 209/205/155

Height: 5'6"

Default Committing to being binge free for rest of July!

Been bingeing for three days. Sixteen days left in July. Committing to being binge free for the REST of July!
littlefatcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2013, 12:59 AM   #36  

@littlefatcat Serial binges are the worst, I always feel that I've done enough damage and should be satisfied at this point AND that I should continue eating any and everything because why stop now.

1...2...3..and...STOP

Good luck to you.

Day 3 went well for me :-)
Old 07-16-2013, 03:12 AM   #37  

S/C/G: 160/145/120

Height: 5'5"

Ugh! Well, I guess tomorrow is the new Day 1!
BrittBit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 10:48 AM   #38  

Thumbs up

New day one for me too! Here we go, I can do this!
Old 07-17-2013, 01:51 PM   #39  

Prepackaged single servings of peanut butter have made my life much easier...

Intro to Day 5 is going well.
Old 07-18-2013, 11:01 AM   #40  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

@kittykat yeah i think it's hard if you're living alone but then again you have the freedom to buy and eat whatever you want, there is no one to bring home the bad stuff except you and you don't have to hide food from anyone (sometimes i eat in secrecy). it's a double edged sword

so yesterday, after a two day frustrational studying for my exam which i could have passed without opening a book, i was so angry and i planned a binge but the events in the next few hours didn't quite gave me a chance to have one so i kinda postponed it to today and except for a handful of wafers i'm still on plan. lol. who would have thought. i guess the anxiety from the exams is going away slowly but the scales this morning totally dissapointed me. i hope it shows some progress on monday.
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 04:49 PM   #41  

S/C/G: 335/335/180

Hey there...I'm pretty new to this site and have been looking around for some threads that might be a fit for me and I'm certain this is one...I am for sure a binge and compulsive i eater and I could relate to almost every post I read...this has been a problem since I was about 11 years old...

I eat all the time for every emotion then feel extreme guilt and shame because of it...if I'm not eating food I'm thinking about it...I even force myself to eat when I'm feeling bad or some type of way that's negative cause that's whet I usually do to feel better but it of course never works...

I just want to be rid of this craziness ...I hope this is the beginning of that

I realize that was a bit of a rant
hopesfull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 05:03 PM   #42  

@hopesfull Welcome! This thread is basically for rants that you don't want to make into a new post so don't worry about that. You're going to encounter negative emotions for the rest of your life, come up with a way to deal with them that doesn't involve food, take food off the table as a potential response.

Today is Day 6 for me and all is going well as far as I'm aware. I like counting numerical days instead of days of the week, it takes some of the pressure off of Sunday being the day to binge and stops me from feeling like I need to 'restart' every Monday. Still, I anticipate this weekend won't be easy, I would ecstatic to make it through 10 days. I haven't gone that long all summer.

Last edited by Granola; 07-18-2013 at 05:04 PM.
Old 07-19-2013, 12:30 PM   #43  

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopesfull View Post
I eat all the time for every emotion then feel extreme guilt and shame because of it...if I'm not eating food I'm thinking about it...I even force myself to eat when I'm feeling bad or some type of way that's negative cause that's whet I usually do to feel better but it of course never works...

I just want to be rid of this craziness ...I hope this is the beginning of that
I hear you, hopesfull! I can so identify with what you are saying. I too am hoping to find some answers and a way out of this craziness I've experienced most of my life. Best wishes to you. Cat
Old 07-20-2013, 12:26 AM   #44  

So today makes a week for me. I was initially happy about it but I've gone from feeling very accomplished and happy for myself to self loathing, insecurity, and apathy as staying on plan has allowed me to shift focus from staving off binge eating to other issues in my life. Throughout today I have been very critical and nit picky about my body, more so than I have been all week, during which I felt a sort of comfort from the knowledge that I was working on it and making progress. Suddenly a week free of binge eating no longer feels like much of an accomplishment and I look down on my former self for ever succumbing to it (it has ONLY been a week!). I question what things I truly expect from achieving my goal figure and whether those things are actually attainable, whether or not I counted calories strictly enough this past week to constitute staying on plan, and how long it will take for apathy and anxiety to prompt another binge to distract myself from life again.

I don't have physiological cravings anymore, those pretty much stopped when I started getting proper rest and stopped eating carbs, but I still have the psychological craving once in a while to buy a bunch of junk (Chips Ahoy have been advertised as 'on sale' for weeks now and every time I walk past that aisle in Walmart I think about buying a package) and eat it all because I'm used to it and because why not, junk food tastes good and I'm not worth all of the attention I give to diet and exercise. I bought an iced coffee today as a sort of reward but it tasted like it had extra cream and sugar to the point of passing the advertised 140 calories mark, I drank it all anyway. I'm not sure if I feel guilty about drinking it or not but I felt the need to mention it.

Well, that has got to be one of the most melodramatic posts about reaching a goal on this site. It felt good to write it all out at least.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:36 PM   #45  

Binge free for over six weeks now. Which is good, but so far fom my all-time record of 19 weeks. But feeling somewhat optimistic I can break my record...fingers crossed..,