Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 07-04-2013, 09:37 AM   #16  

Good luck to everyone on the 4th of July, I don't think I should have a problem with the holiday but today will be the first day I feel comfortable calling day one binge free.
Granola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:12 PM   #17  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

well i definitely overate/binged a little today. first it was fruits and then a little too much of nutella. i was anxious because of exams and we had people coming over to see the appartment so i couldn't study. i hope tomorrow will be better, i was really trying hard this week to lose 2 pounds but i guess i'll have to work on it some more.

good luck y'all!
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 08:11 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 347/208/180

Height: 5'3

Yeah, the 4th was a little hard for me too. I wouldn't say I binged per se, but I definitely ate more than I should have. All we have to do is keep working on it
anm17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 01:45 AM   #19  

I think I broke even these last 2 days, as long I can make it to Monday without losing it I should be good to start a good week.
Old 07-07-2013, 11:34 AM   #20  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

I would like to join also... I havent been here in a while- havent been doing much better or worse- I'm hoping to make this non-bingeing stick at some point. I'm still bingeing every 7-10 days.. I just had two pretty bad days in a row. I havent had as much time as I used to to exercise either with teaching dance classes, working at a resaurant, going to school full-time, and I just started CNA training yesterday also. I hate that I binged yesterday- especially because Sunday is my only day off to get a long run in and catch up on homework and house-cleaning... but I feel so bloated and gross and defeated that I dont want to do ANYTHING.. ugh.

I love that I can come vent on this thread... I think it helps to just get it out.

Heres to day 1- and getting through the rest of July!!
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:31 PM   #21  
SkinnyGina

Height: FiveSix

Hey! First week of July is starting out good so far. I did Binge two days...but I have been lasting for six days now (a new record for me!). So very excited about what July has stored for me I am moving so that is helping me keep busy.
SkinnyGina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 12:00 AM   #22  

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzingurl77 View Post
I would like to join also... I havent been here in a while- havent been doing much better or worse- I'm hoping to make this non-bingeing stick at some point. I'm still bingeing every 7-10 days.. I just had two pretty bad days in a row. I havent had as much time as I used to to exercise either with teaching dance classes, working at a resaurant, going to school full-time, and I just started CNA training yesterday also. I hate that I binged yesterday- especially because Sunday is my only day off to get a long run in and catch up on homework and house-cleaning... but I feel so bloated and gross and defeated that I dont want to do ANYTHING.. ugh.

I love that I can come vent on this thread... I think it helps to just get it out.

Heres to day 1- and getting through the rest of July!!
I made it through Sunday (also a problem day for me) but then today was a disaster, at least you have the excuse of being very busy! My hours at work just got cut from 25 to 7 (outdoor/active job) so now I'm way less active AND I'm home all day = recipe for disaster that I did not anticipate but I know now so I won't do it again. I should think more highly of myself, we're all bigger (figuratively...) and more capable than this. It's 12am, so here's to a good Tuesday!

Last edited by Granola; 07-09-2013 at 12:05 AM.
Old 07-09-2013, 09:09 AM   #23  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

I've done really well so far this month, had a bit too much ice cream last night with DH BUT I was still within my calorie limits. Barely, but still where I should be at 1540 calories. So yes, even though I wanted to inhale the rest of the carton, I stopped. Whew, it was close...
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 05:04 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 160/145/120

Height: 5'5"

Hello everyone!
My name is Brittney. I can't really say that I'll be binge free for July but hopefully I'll be able to say that I have been binge free for the second half of July.
I started off the month well and then I went to Southern California to visit some girlfriends for the 4th of July. I was expecting my diet to be pretty bad during my little vacation but surprisingly, it was really acceptable. I made it through the whole vacation but then I get home yesterday and hit full-throttle which continued on to today. What the ****? How do I make through a holiday vacation with tons of alcohol and no inhibitions only to come home and completely clean out my fridge, freezer, and pantry!?! I don't even understand how so much food fits inside me. Ugh!
Well, tomorrow is a new day. I really want to focus on being healthy and letting my food provide me with the nutrition I need. I hope that being held accountable will help me and I encourage all your advice and support.
BrittBit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 11:39 PM   #25  

Yeah, the urge to binge can hit you when you least expect it, I wake up somedays with the thought of "wow, I have no urge at all to binge, today will be great", let my guard down and before you know it... Anyway today was day one for me and I'd like to think it went pretty well, hopefully tomorrow is good for you Britt, we're not even 1/3 done with July.
Old 07-10-2013, 09:50 PM   #26  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

So I have been hit with the urge to binge today but I'm holding out, I worked out instead now I am going to kick back and play some video games and email my husband while he is working tonight. I do have carrots on hand just in case I get hungry, but I refuse to binge, I've already lost another pound for the week!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 01:00 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 160/145/120

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Granola View Post
Yeah, the urge to binge can hit you when you least expect it, I wake up somedays with the thought of "wow, I have no urge at all to binge, today will be great", let my guard down and before you know it... Anyway today was day one for me and I'd like to think it went pretty well, hopefully tomorrow is good for you Britt, we're not even 1/3 done with July.
Thanks Granola! Yes, I think having 2/3 of July left still leaves plenty of days for a major accomplishment. I actually don't think I have ever made it a full month binge free in my life! Has anyone accomplished that, who's doing this challenge? If so, how? Also, if you have, how long have you been living with the addiction? Hope these questions aren't too personal.
I have been living with my addiction for 15 years. I can pinpoint the exact moment it started and why, but that hasn't seemed to help me resolve the issue...
BrittBit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:43 PM   #28  

I been good since Monday (though I'm still carrying a bit of weight from that binge) but today, like 10 minutes ago, I ate my pre dinner snack, it didn't taste very good and I immediately rationalized to myself that I should just eat dinner now (I'm not going to bed for about 5-6 hrs and I'm just about to go to the gym so I'd be starving by bedtime if I ate dinner now). So I begin preparing it and while the egg white is cooking (yes, for dinner) I think to myself "You know what, I can wait". Probably a combination of satiety sinking in from the snack and the mental acknowledgement that this kind of spontaneous eating is how most of my binges start allowed me to hold off. I'm very happy that I was able to stop myself (though I did a little snacking on the ingredients) but am concerned that I thought eating dinner so early would be an okay idea. I'm glad I can share the experience here and am confident now that the rest of the night will be fine.

Does anyone else get tempted to overeat after a disappointing meal? How do you deal with it?
Old 07-12-2013, 05:19 PM   #29  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

Granola- I sometimes do get triggered by an unstaisfying meal- especially one that doesn't seem "filling". I start to panic thinking that I will have to be hungry for the rest of the day (somehow the thought is terrifying- even though being hungry for a few hours should NOT be such a huge deal). Anyways- I panic and suddenly want to eat everything.

Today is day 6 for me- I'm feeling pretty hungry but have a ton of veggies around to munch on so I think I'll be okay. My "mini goal" is to make it to July 23 because I have an audition for a dance company and I need to look & feel my best!!
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:03 PM   #30  

So I participated in this paid psychological study and in the end they give you randomly assigned food to take home (I did not know about this part!), I got spaghetti and cheesecake, two things I haven't had in months and would never buy. I couldn't bring myself to throw them away so I went ahead and ate them and then ate a bunch of other stuff in my kitchen which I'm not going to bother listing. I should probably constitute that as a binge as the amount of food I ate was completely uncontrolled but it wasn't nearly as bad as Monday in that I haven't gone to any fast food restaurants and I did not eat to the point of passing out.

The worst part is, even now I don't how I could have possibly stopped myself, the whole thing felt inevitable as soon as they handed me a container of cheesecake, that's something I'll have to think about. *Sigh* Well, it could have been much much worse. I suppose tomorrow will be the new Day 1.

EDIT: And now it's become a full binge, tomorrow is definitely day one.

2nd EDIT: I'm going to go ahead and use this post to document all of tonight's eating problems.

After a bit a internal arguing I got into my car and headed to the nearest drug store to buy ice cream and whatever else looked appetizing to binge myself into a proper food coma, I was standing in the frozen section nearly motionless for 2-3 pondering whether to go for the Haigen Daaz or the store brand when reason kicked in and I asked myself what the **** I was doing, why I thought eating a piece of cheesecake excused inhaling an entire kitchen, and what I planned to do when the pint of ice cream was empty.

It was tough and I probably looked odd to the employees but I managed to leave with seltzer water and gum, I picked up a black coffee on the way home from Starbucks (I don't really want it but buying a 'speciality' drink that comes in a nice cup was psychologically satisfying) and here I am. Of course angry and disappointed with myself for undoing the past 3 days but also content with the my ability to deal with these emotions now instead of procrastinating until tomorrow morning with another 3k calories flowing through my system.

From now on I'm going to immediately throw away any food unexpectedly given to me if it cannot be reasonably fit into my next meal, no questions asked, and instead of taking a "I messed up, I might as well binge" response to over eating I'll think the about the extra 2 days of my life I'll have to spend disappointed in myself for every 1 pint of ice cream.

Last edited by Granola; 07-12-2013 at 08:03 PM.