Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-05-2013, 03:09 PM   #1  
F - Yeah, I'm doing this.

S/C/G: 297/*Ticker*/175

Height: 5'10"

Default Home Alone!!!!

This is going to be a challenge!

Tonight, my boyfriend is working out of town overnight. Meaning I will be home alone for 24 hours. Old me would be really excited that I was going to be able to eat and do whatever I want for a whole day! (not saying my bf controls the things I do or eat, I just am far less likely to binge while he is there!) Me from 2 months ago would be planning right now the things I was going to gorge on tonight. I would plan to stop at the store on the way home from work and get chips and pop, maybe pick up some pizza pops or some Verns pizza for dinner (One slice is a meal. Literally.) Then I would settle into the couch to watch an entire season of something that my boyfriend won't watch with me and eat until all of the food was gone and I was near to the point of barfing.

The new me, the me of TODAY is thinking that I have a freezer full of awesome soups and leftovers to chow down on. I have some Mio to add to my water for some extra flavor (Ohh I could get some sparkling water for some bubbles!!!) I still am probably going to watch most of a season of something... but I wont just eat everything in sight. It's not happening this time.

If you see a whole lot of extra postings from me tonight, you will know that I am trying to keep myself distracted!
Silverfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:18 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 377/257/220

Height: 6'1

You're going to do great. Trust yourself, you got it!
bbmains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 03:25 PM   #3  

Have fun, silverfire!! I love the new you and new attitude!!

I could have written your post. I hardly ever pigged out in front of my husband but when he wasn't around, watch out!! I could eat a whole bag of chips between the time I went food shopping and the time he got home from work so he wouldn't even know I did it. (I'd buy 2 bags at the store so they'd be in the cabinet if he wanted some.) Then I'd bury the bag in the trash so he wouldn't know. I was so full of shame but couldn't stop.

When he was traveling a few years ago, I still shopped like there was 2-3 people in the house even though it was just me. Makes me sick to think about and I promise myself I won't ever ever do that again.

Now, whether he's around or not, I eat nothing off my plan. I guess I could but I'd only be cheating myself so I won't.

Good luck tonight, this will be a great accomplishment and NSV for you!! Make sure you come back and brag about yourself tomorrow!!!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 05:17 PM   #4  

Thanks bbmains and elvislover, it is awesome to know that someone else has (HAD!) the exact same kind of binging habits, nice to know I am not alone.
Old 03-05-2013, 05:22 PM   #5  
forever a lake effect kid

S/C/G: 262.6/181.3/162.6

Height: 5'4''

You can buy some celery and peanut butter and raisins and make ants on a log! Mmm...Or make a really huge fruit salad and eat ALL of it. Or make trail mix with raw almonds, raisins and mini chocolate chips! You can still eat a ton of delicious snacks for your TV night, just make sure they're the right ones! Or, hey, just rock the heck out of that soup and leftovers!

Have fun tonight! What are you going to watch?
epicskyline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:53 PM   #6  

I ended up making chicken fajita pizza and a berry smoothie! I just started watching pretty little liars. I am not sure how much I like it yet though...
Old 03-05-2013, 09:57 PM   #7  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Haha girl I know what you mean! Though I have to deal with this every time my husband has to work night shift. We are almost done with this round of night shift thank goodness, but it is definitely a battle the nights he has to work, mainly the first night he goes back to work after our weekend together. It's tough but you can definitely do it!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:37 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 167/re-start:153/ticker/125

Height: 5'4

Being home alone is absolutely the biggest challenge for me and my eating. I once ate an entire family-sized bag of chips, drank a two-liter of soda, and then had dinner delivered....ugh

I think having a plan (like you have) is really helpful. I also find that having a rule of "I'm going to drink this much water" and "While I relax, I am going to do some arm weights, and some basic leg exercises" also helps keep me from going overboard.
seize the day is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 03:43 PM   #9  
Starting over sucks.

S/C/G: 485/445/250

Height: 6'1

You just had to mention Vern's pizza didn't you.

(She isn't kidding about it being a meal)

I used to do this too. I'd wait for my boyfriend to go on nights and gorge. You're in control though. You can do it!
Radiojane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:12 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 409/392/150

Height: 5'5"

Oh, so glad I found this thread. My husband left yesterday to go out of town for a WEEK, and I've binged terribly all weekend. It's like, one part of my brain was telling me to stop the whole time I was in the store, but I kept putting stuff in the cart. And then I got home and I've just been eating. I have to get a handle on this for the rest of the week!
lariet50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 07:21 PM   #11  

S/C/G: 231/226.5/150

Height: 5'6"

Silverfire, it made me smile when I saw your post. I'm actually in the same boat as you were. I'm going to be home alone for the next three days while my hubby is gone (which is bizarre, since I'm rarely home alone as he is unemployed.) So I'll be lurking on the forums quite a bit in order to distract myself. I would normally order a pizza, and eat the whole thing (along with a bag of chips and a carton of ice cream.)

Good luck, lariet50. It's rough trying to stick to your guns when you're home alone, but I know you can do it! So I'm trying to make plenty of plans for myself to get out of the house to go to the gym, and to get some healthy but yummy food to enjoy while I watch movies.

Last edited by dumpling99; 06-09-2013 at 07:24 PM.
dumpling99 is offline   Reply With Quote