Day 5 of being Binge-Free. It's getting so hard!

• Today is day 5 of my 30-day binge-free challenge. Yesterday it started getting hard. Today the cravings were very hard to ignore. I can only assume tomorrow, the next day, the next day, and maybe even the next day will be just as hard. I'm hoping that 10+ days in it will begin to get easier.

But then I ask myself--how long does it break a habit that you've had for nearly 20 years?

Right now, I'm munching on celery and sipping Crystal Light. I have found that having something to chew on constantly (and celery is great for this because a whole stalk only has 5-7 calories) really helps. Even if I'm not hungry, I feel like I should be eating, because that is the cycle I've been in for so long. Whether it be boredom, loneliness, sadness, happiness, stress, I eat.

I suppose you could add eating celery for the sake of eating it to that list hahaha.

So, yeah. 25 more days to go. Am I doing this to lose weight? Yes, of course. I feel, though, that my biggest reason for doing this is to break my addiction. Or, at least, lessen it. If I could take my binge days from 7 days a week to 2 or 3 or 1, that would be a good step.

Good luck everyone!
  • Ha, man do I know the feeling of 5 days in cravings...I recommend trying to fill in the gaps with anything other than food, a hobby or even just at good movie. Also, 5 days is almost a week! So maybe a (non edible) reward? Just remember that overeating does have to turn into a binge and good luck!