3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks in Control (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/)
-   -   Binge-free in June! Everyone welcome...We can do it!!! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control/282836-binge-free-june-everyone-welcome-we-can-do.html)

missunshine 06-02-2013 07:38 PM

Binge-free in June! Everyone welcome...We can do it!!!

here is a new thread in hope to stay accountable.
my beginning of the month isn't very solid...yesterday was ok but today i overate on granola :dizzy: no cooking and a lot of studying :/

i saw a thread called junk detox and i think i'm gonna give it a go. not buying anymore cookies, candies, chocolates,... usually cofee and cookies are a must for me but i'll give it a try also because sugar is taking a toll on my skin. i have way too much wrinkles and dry patchy skin with no colour no matter how many "miracle" products i use. drinking a lot of water isn't helping either.

so here's to june! one of my hardest months!:^:

Granola 06-02-2013 08:47 PM

I've had an awful start to June, 2 record setting binges in a row. I feel now that I can really do it this time but I've felt that way many times before so there's no reason this time will be any different, hopefully this thread will help keep myself and others accoutable.

Starting off slow: Here's to a binge free workweek.

I'll probably be posting in here a lot...

SkinnyGina 06-02-2013 11:30 PM

Hey Ladies- I had a rough start to June as well... We can do this though! One day at a time, I feel the first couple months (for me even making it three days) is the hardest for me. But I just know with practice and support I and others can overcome binging.

Kscott 06-02-2013 11:52 PM

Let's list the things that can help stop binging. Here are 10 ideas--and I have one of my own--(paint by number). Find a beautiful paint by number--paint it for yourself--family member or friend. It keeps your mind and your hands busy--and off of food.

http://24.media.tumblr.com/ac8915a36...ey9bo1_500.jpg

Any other suggestions?

laceyj 06-03-2013 01:14 AM

My June started horribly yesterday, one of my more intense episodes, unfortunately! It was day 8 and I could feel it coming on. I really miss those Day 60 or Day 70 times! Does anyone else have a harder time in the summer? This has been my pattern since this all started a few years back. good thing about today is that I'm back to eating healthy and had a great workout from all the carbs! (I'm telling you cereal is evil!) I really just need to never buy it again so I'll stop craving it ALL the time. Let's hope for a good month folks!

missunshine 06-03-2013 06:45 PM

all i can say ladies is forgive and forget...there is still a whole month ahead of us so lets not beat ourselves up but pick up where you left it. when you look back in one month you'll be glad you started today.

i made it through today and exercised also ...that's already 3x in one week of doing streching and some light weight exercises but i finally feel my muscles work after a long time. i can feel my abs and tiny six pack protruding under this huge layer of fat.

robotfingers 06-03-2013 08:29 PM

i've been okay in june so far. last month is another story...but it's gone now!

Granola 06-04-2013 12:26 AM

One day down for me! Granted, I was still 'nourished' from yesterday but serial binges are always a serious risk.

robotfingers 06-04-2013 06:57 PM

uh...fail. whoopsies. note to self: don't eat a donut in the morning and think you won't eat all kinds of awful stuff for the rest of the day.

missunshine 06-04-2013 07:39 PM

i had a super day today, it was so easy even though stressfull. it's so easy when you're occupied with stuff all day so you don't have to think about food.
i just found out today that i will probably be attending a wedding in august and i already started planning my outfit and everything...now i'm even more motivated to lose these darned 20 pounds.

Granola 06-04-2013 10:37 PM

I had a good day as well and I COMPLETELY agree with you on distracting yourself with things other than food. I was working outside for 7 hours and as long as my stomach wasn't growling food didn't even phase me. When I'm sedentary at home or sitting at a computer desk doing something boring it's too easy to spend have of your mental power planning the next meal for hours, then finally getting to eat it and being disappointed.

Quote:

Originally Posted by robotfingers (Post 4762855)
uh...fail. whoopsies. note to self: don't eat a donut in the morning and think you won't eat all kinds of awful stuff for the rest of the day.

I hate when that happens, cutting the calories from the rest of my meals just makes me hungry and committing to just ignoring it and eating normally for the rest of the day makes me feel guilty and like the day was a failure. Oh well, month is still young!

kjasmin1986 06-05-2013 03:13 AM

Yes We Can

Hi all!

I started June well but I went on a binge last night :'( I am at work right now and all I can think of is food. The work environment does not give me much of a choice, it is stressful and quiet at the moment.

Anyways! I need to lose 27 pounds (12 KG), the start is the hardest for me. I was doing so well for 5 weeks then one moment of weakness resulted in a week long binge. I think week 6 is my trigger. I never seem to be able to get over it, not since I put the weight back on (back in Feb).

I have a good and healthy eating plan so it is not that but how do I get started?!! I am lacking motivation.

Good luck all!!

missunshine 06-05-2013 05:18 PM

kjasmin, welcome.
i see we have a similar goal, i was suppose to lose 12 kg too but i lowered it to 10 kg instead since i have a hard time losing any of it.
right now my main motivation is the nearing wedding i'm going to attend and i wanrt to surprise everyone. i also find a lot of motivation on instagram...you would not believe how many inspirational stories and pics you can see there and also do it at the same time as them.

today i had another day of clean eating and i feel amah-zing lol i'm experimenting with salads, at least one salad per day. i hope the scales moves by sunday.

danzingurl77 06-05-2013 06:15 PM

I have been gone for a while- but have still been bingeing off and on.. I could use the extra support again! I started school again last month and although sometimes I am too busy to binge-- whenever I have the extra time I am so stressed and the urges are really strong! I slipped up today but I am determined to make the rest of June better! :) good luck everyone!

sosurreptitious 06-05-2013 07:01 PM

Hello everyone. I'm in desperate need of support. It seems that I really don't have anyone to talk to about my binge eating. I'm still really trying to get it all under control.

I've already had two episodes this month. I've been trying to drown the urge with water (ha!) and gum but I seem to just give in, in the long run :/

Honestly, I feel like I'm lost because I personally haven't found someone that I can openly talk to about this without judgement.

missunshine 06-06-2013 08:35 AM

danzigurl- you're back yaay i missed you :hug: i was wondering where you were but i saw you posting in some other threads so i thought you were doing ok and didn't feel the need to post here.
i'm fighting with school and exams also and it's hard but i started preparing and planning my meals in advance and so far it has helped me. let's conquer june together

hstello- you came to the right place and you're not alone in this. :hug:
i think that once or twice a month is not bad as long as you get back on track. if you feel hungry don't deprive yourself because it will lead to binging.

quarterlife25 06-06-2013 03:21 PM

I also want to get this month off to a good start though my binge today was not the way to go about it. XD

I'm looking for an accountability texting buddy, so if anyone would like to pair up in anti-binge eating efforts, perhaps we can work something out via pm.

SkinnyGina 06-06-2013 03:55 PM

Bad first week

Well I definitely could be doing better about my binges this first week. I have had three episodes... it seems I do really well one day and then whoops the next day everything gets off track. So I am signing in to say I have had about 2-3 days without a binge lol...just not consecutively. I am frustrated but want to focus on the positives- I went grocery shopping and got a mix of good and bad food and am trying to just eat in during this next week. Also While I am binging I have successfully made it to the gym two weeks. So I feel that I am a least doing some positive actions to benefit me. Hope you ladies are doing well out there!

francesy 06-06-2013 04:37 PM

After a rotten start to the month, I am here and ready to go binge-free for the rest of the month! I'm off to Italy next week and plan to sample all the local delicacies, BUT in moderation. I've never gone more than a few days without a binge, and I'm determined to put that to a stop now!

Granola 06-06-2013 06:21 PM

Just had a mini binge in response to a mildy stressful situation, it really wasn't that bad (few bowls of cereal, some peanut butter and a couple apples...and some protein powder swirled with water) and I was able to stop myself so it was really just overeating rather than a binge, I even managed to take something out the oven before it cooked and put it right back in the fridge. Right now I want to go upstairs for some Cheezits that have been staring me down all week but I will not. I'm still going to go to the gym tonight, eat a light post workout snack, and get back on the horse first thing tomorrow morning morning. Looks like the rain should stop before 8 tonight so I can even walk to the gym!

I have to keep reminding myself that eating extra is NEVER a good idea and I will NOT be able to stop when I originally plan to. I'm so glad this forum is here, the accountability really does help.

6/6/13: The almost relapse.

laceyj 06-07-2013 04:26 AM

Hey folks. Oh man! What a horrible start to this month. 2 binges already and tonight was truly epic. Let's just say the convenience store clerks are starting to give me weird looks. I have no shame, I keep going back! Now after some Pepto Bismo and a truly stuffed tummy I feel like my body is going to explode. It's time to talk to someone I think. I feel so out of control. Í hope the rest of the month is much better. I'm starting to think that it's time to stop counting calories so that I don't go cray cray when I go over. Let's keep our chins up though! Sounds like a lot of you are doing good.

krampus 06-07-2013 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laceyj (Post 4765522)
I'm starting to think that it's time to stop counting calories so that I don't go cray cray when I go over.

You've been doing it for years - trust yourself to know what a reasonable and moderate portion is like. Numbers crunching only produces more neurosis.

Granola 06-07-2013 10:24 PM

Today was good, I ate an extra apple at dinner but no big deal. I'm much more likely to be satisfied with meals if they feel 'complete' (meat, vegetable, something sweet) so I need to start allocating an extra 50-100 calories at dinner for fruit. I also had two small bites of free sample cake at the grocery store (I threw the rest underneath my car as I couldn't keep it with me while driving without during something I'd later regret (it was raining pretty bad so this didn't feel like littering)), stuff like that I think is normal and healthy.

JellyBean32882 06-08-2013 04:17 AM

Junk food detox is a great idea. I know ever since I started working I've been going up the ladder again. I was doing so good just not working it seems. Now I'm quitting my job to enter a new 'better' job, so I'm gonna use the time I have before starting my new job to get my act together with my diet and exercise and sleeping. Instead of saying I'm starting a diet, I'm gonna think of it as Junk food detox, which basically it will be cause every time we get rid of the junk it takes us a few days of bad cravings followed by irritation, moodiness, and headaches.

missunshine 06-08-2013 08:18 AM

welcome jellybean :) wish you luck on your plan and new job!

i woke up today and my scales says that i lost about 5 pounds in the past few days being on plan. i don't know if it's my scale thats playing me but i'm so happy cause i haven't lost in a while and it's so encouraging. of course most of it was water weight.
sun has finally arrived here are my mood is so much better even if i have to study so much i feel optimistic. i hope it stays that way.

Granola 06-08-2013 06:24 PM

Mini binge just occurred, lots of cereal, salted nuts, peanut butter, and fruit. Not enough to ruin what has been a decent first week but a mini binge nonetheless. This is exactly what happened on Thursday, cravings after taking a nap before the gym, I tell myself I can deal with the cravings by over indulging a bit but then I lose control. At least I didn't eat to the point in incapacitation and still made it to the gym, albeit late. Stuffing my face while tieing my shoes trying to get out the house in time. I know now that if I'm going to take a nap before going to the gym I need to keep a gallon of water by the bed and pre make a snack. Back on the horse tomorrow, actually, back on the horse right now.

sosurreptitious 06-08-2013 11:59 PM

I recently started a low carb/high fat and protein type diet and it did very well of keeping me from binging as I felt full, always. I didn't have my hunger signals going haywire.

However, I was put in a position tonight at a family member's house where the dinner was very carb heavy. It was my husband's grandmother and there's really no way of turning down the food without being asked a million times to eat. So I told myself that I would have a small portion to save face and I would just come home and have a high protein snack. One small portion turned into two portions and four slices of bread...then a piece of pumpkin bread...followed by a snickers ice cream bar.

......then a trip to mcdonalds about half an hour ago.

I felt so in control these past few days and I feel awful that something like that has led me to this uncontrollable urge to consume everything in sight. I know my triggers, I knew better.

I'm just really venting and I apologize. I feel awful :/

JellyBean32882 06-09-2013 03:37 AM

It's ok hstello, I'm the same way when it comes to family. It really does suck. Also when they say that I can have a small portion of stuff they just don't understand that I can't have ANY portion, otherwise I lose control and crave all over again.

missunshine 06-09-2013 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JellyBean32882 (Post 4767305)
It's ok hstello, I'm the same way when it comes to family. It really does suck. Also when they say that I can have a small portion of stuff they just don't understand that I can't have ANY portion, otherwise I lose control and crave all over again.

exactly! it happens almost every time to me, family gatherings turning into binging out of guilt. i hate when everyone always watches my every bite and portions and then encouraging me to eat more...:mad:

sosurreptitious 06-09-2013 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JellyBean32882 (Post 4767305)

It's so overwhelming! I feel like I'm personally offending them if I don't eat. There's already so much self consciousness as it is because I moved to PA with my husband but I'm from Texas. I've only been here a year. I understand that they're being hospitable and trying to make me feel at home...but it's borderline stressful because I know what's going to happen, no matter how conscious of my triggers I am.

Quote:

Originally Posted by missunshine (Post 4767321)
exactly! it happens almost every time to me, family gatherings turning into binging out of guilt. i hate when everyone always watches my every bite and portions and then encouraging me to eat more...:mad:

I agree! They watch your every bite and ask you how you like it. It's not the norm to refuse food by saying, "Sorry, I can't eat your spaghetti because I know it'll lead to a 5k calorie binge later and I just can't handle that."

*sigh*

Lizzyg 06-09-2013 12:01 PM

I'm a binger too - and have gone a week without it! And a week without any junk food. It helps that my husband is back on track to, so we haven't had any junk in the house. But I can binge on non junk food too, so I'm glad that I've been able to avoid doing that too.

Granola 06-09-2013 12:57 PM

Just binge ate full stop "because it's Sunday". I'm disappointed in myself, I guess. Next week will be better, I guess.

Lizzyg 06-09-2013 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Granola (Post 4767588)
Just binge ate full stop "because it's Sunday". I'm disappointed in myself, I guess. Next week will be better, I guess.

:hug: You can always make today better! But I know for me, once I've started, it's hard to make the rest of the day better.

sosurreptitious 06-09-2013 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Granola (Post 4767588)

:hug::hug:

Granola 06-09-2013 08:08 PM

Thanks for the support guys, I always have trouble with Sunday's, they're my only scheduled day off from work during the summer and what starts as a casual (I'll just eat a little more/won't really worry about calories) session of overeating turns into devouring everything in sight. Next week will be better, I'm sure of it as I've identified the new post nap craving trigger that got me on Thursday and Saturday and I'll treat Sunday like every other day except maybe I'll buy myself something nice for lunch within my calorie range if I'm good all week. This thread is really helpful and June is not even one third over!

@Lizzy, same for me. Usually one total binge ruins me for the entire day, I ate a ton a watermelon (not the worst thing to binge on) after I made that original post but since then I've been fine and managed to walk to the gym. I'm going to make some vegetable soup for later tonight and try to entertain myself without food. The gassy bloating is horrible though, makes it really hard to not think about my stomach.

laciemn 06-10-2013 12:01 AM

I haven't messed up yet, but for a couple of days, I've been thinking about sweets. I got a recipe book...oh man. I'm resisting, but kind of close to self-sabotage. It's just not worth it, my friends.

Granola 06-10-2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laciemn (Post 4768072)
I haven't messed up yet, but for a couple of days, I've been thinking about sweets. I got a recipe book...oh man. I'm resisting, but kind of close to self-sabotage. It's just not worth it, my friends.

Do you schedule cheat meals? From the sounds of it, you'll have to satiate yourself somehow.

I wish I could for once plan to and actually act on over eating or maybe cooking something really involved when I feel a binge coming on after a long good streak. I've had a cheat meal scheduled for like 2 or 3 weeks (depending on how you look at it, it's really been scheduled for months...) but it keeps getting pushed back as I continue to over eat or binge, now it's scheduled for next Wednesday or Thursday.

Anyway, though I did gain weight just from yesterday, last night was good and today has been good so far.

missunshine 06-11-2013 06:47 PM

i did so well last week and even lost some weight and exercised a bit and even my cellulite has improved but something snapped yesterday and all i want to do was finish off all my nutella which i did and i binged pretty hard yesterday and today. i don't want to be ok one week and then binge the next. i' m self sabotaging myself again. i'm determined to be on plan tomorrow and my first exam is tomorrow also.

granola- i hope you're feeling better

Lizzyg 06-11-2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Granola (Post 4767870)
Thanks for the support guys, I always have trouble with Sunday's, they're my only scheduled day off from work during the summer and what starts as a casual (I'll just eat a little more/won't really worry about calories) session of overeating turns into devouring everything in sight. Next week will be better, I'm sure of it as I've identified the new post nap craving trigger that got me on Thursday and Saturday and I'll treat Sunday like every other day except maybe I'll buy myself something nice for lunch within my calorie range if I'm good all week. This thread is really helpful and June is not even one third over!

@Lizzy, same for me. Usually one total binge ruins me for the entire day, I ate a ton a watermelon (not the worst thing to binge on) after I made that original post but since then I've been fine and managed to walk to the gym. I'm going to make some vegetable soup for later tonight and try to entertain myself without food. The gassy bloating is horrible though, makes it really hard to not think about my stomach.

That's good that you did get to the gym!

I've kind of binged on cheese today. I think I'll still be ok calorie wise but I ate way too much cheese and felt that out of control feeling.

Granola 06-11-2013 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missunshine (Post 4769833)
i did so well last week and even lost some weight and exercised a bit and even my cellulite has improved but something snapped yesterday and all i want to do was finish off all my nutella which i did and i binged pretty hard yesterday and today. i don't want to be ok one week and then binge the next. i' m self sabotaging myself again. i'm determined to be on plan tomorrow and my first exam is tomorrow also.

granola- i hope you're feeling better

I bought almond butter last week and it's struggle not to dip a spoon in every time I go into the kitchen but of course one spoon leads to two and so on...I overate a small amount yesterday before the gym and a small amount for breakfast this morning but overall I think I hit maintenance both days. If I do slip up, it takes a load of stress off to still eat normally for the rest of the day, even if it's hard as I always feel like I should punish myself for messing up. Today I got a little bit stressed out and walked into the kitchen but then before I even started I told myself that food with NOT solve my problems and walked out, the same is true for all of us.

Good luck on your exam tomorrow, hopefully tomorrow can be the first 'ideal' eating day of the week for both of us, but let's not over think it too much.