Binge-free in May!

You're on Page 7 of 7
Go to
  • Eskadee- So true! Living in an apartment and having to buy all my food right at the expensive Whole Foods-sized health food store that is right around the corner makes me realize how much money I have wasted from binging!
    I hope I can keep going with this. Today will be Day 7. I'm going to have breakfast soon, and then maybe a walk?
    Either way, today is already a good day from my weigh in- 77.1 kg! Which means just under 170lbs. I have made it into the 160s! Albeit, 169.9, but still
  • 20 days binge free! Weight still at 123 and eating just about everything in moderation.
  • Hello everyone. It has been a while since I've stopped by. It's strange because I went binge free in January until a few weeks ago. It seems like once my body got a taste of that binge it's all it has wanted because last week I binged 6 out of 7 days and last night I did as well after only 2 days binge free. I'm finding it harder to pick myself up and trust myself and feel a bit fragile. I guess I've been a bit lonely and not being able to workout (hurt my knee when a car nicked me at the crosswalk Monday!) has exacerbated the whole thing. So I've made an appointment with a therapist. This has not worked for me in the past but I did have male therapists and asked for a woman this time. Anyone ever find help this way?
  • Day 7... It's been a hard few days, but I keep reminding myself that binging is not an option.
  • Control issues
    Hello- will there be a challenge starting in June? I am having really bad episodes of binge eating and could use some support and tips to get back some control. I am having trouble making it through one week. Thanks!
  • I have been doing really good with not binging. Even when there is tempting food around, I only have a bit. This is very new for me, I feel like I am finally getting a grip on myself and understanding what my triggers are. Even tonight I had a very small piece of a super delicious dessert I make for my husband and I and I didn't go overboard. I've been good since May 6th, and I think I can keep it up!
  • Hi everyone, I hope all those in the States like me are having a great holiday weekend. I am on Day 2 of no binging and am feeling sane again. I got my first workout in after a week, an 4 miles on the treadmill and 20 minutes on the stairclimber, and I can't believe how much better I feel. I succumbed to the morbid curiosity to see how much I gained. About 4 or 5 pounds, but I'm hopeful some of it's water weight from a full on week of binge eating. I swear, it's never been that bad before! My once a month binge would devastate me but this was really an eye opener and took me to a really dark place. I'm sure you all can relate.

Charin, I've read a few of your posts, great job on all your hard work! It seems like you are on the right track. I like reading posts from other shorties because it can be more of a challenge to keep the weight off.

Pink Hurricane, congrats on the streak! Good luck and I am glad you treated yourself!
  • skinnygina there's a thread for every month so don't worry

i decided to stay on track today, no more binging for the rest of the may. i gained about 4-5 pounds and it's not just water weight. i'm so close to my starting weight from three years ago. i can't let myself gain all back and then return home in the summer and hear all the critics from my family. i know i can do this. why is it so hard for me to lose 20 pounds and easier to lose 50???
  • Charin~ Way to go girl!! Keep it up, you are creating a new habit for sure!
    Lacey~ Good for you for getting back on track! I always feel soooo much better after a workout. Granted before and during I am cursing the workout itself, but I never regret doing it after, and I love how my mood and overall mental state lifts after!

Day 21 and I am feeling really great! Last night my husband and I ended up having some Bryer's Birthday Cake ice cream and it was super yummy but I didn't go overboard!

I think it helped that we had just did our Plyometric Insanity workout. I think keeping in mind that I didn't want to undo all my hard work kept me in moderation!
  • Thanks laceyj and pink hurricane, one day at a time!!! I am breaking both the bingeing AND purging habit which go almost hand in hand for me.

I am re-reading the book "Made to Crave" by Lysa Terkeurst which helped me a lot at the beginning of my weight loss journey to realize how much I was trying to fill a void with food when I could be filling myself up with God and His Word. I think along the way I lost sight of that so I am refreshing my memory .
  • I am not bingeing but I am not eating healthy either, and my running is really poor these days. I will try to pick myself up, but I really find it hard to eat my veggies and prefer to eat crackers and fruit, cheese and candy... That is all comfort food for me. I'll have to take a deep breath and see if tomorrow I can do it better!
  • inglesita64 i have the same problem. carbs over veggies anytime.

so i'm on day 3 but i already crave cupcakes sooo much and i just want to give in. i already lost some water weight and made a new plan as to where i want to be 2 months from now but with all the exams and studying i'm affraid i'll just gain more. :/

good luck to all of you. 3 more days to go till the end of the month.
  • Come on, missunshine! One day at a time. Think of where you want to be today, and day by day you will get where you want to be.
    Just a couple of days and we beat May! Standing a fight is winning already.
  • Thanks Miss Sunshine... and I have the same problem to. I think this is where mindfulness comes into play. I have trouble maintaining even longer then 2-3 days recently but I know we can do this I just finished school and can understand how stressful it all is! But the cupcakes will just make you feel more stressed in the long run.