3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Chicks in Control

Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Binge-free in May!

Old 05-17-2013, 09:11 PM   #76
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

I didn't do so well today. I overate! Oh well, at least I realize it and I want to change. Sometimes I get so impulsive and those cravings get so strong, ugh.

Well, there's no time like the present to make a positive change!
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 11:03 PM   #77

S/C/G: 201.6/123.6/135

Height: 5'2"

Tubolard try not to hate yourself. Forgive yourself and move on. Missunshine and seabiscuit, we all have our bad days. Surfegirl I love your attititude. When I first lost weight it was eye opening having to deal with my feelings without food!

Ok so yesterday and today I probably had a bit too much peanut butter. But it didn't feel like a binge. i ate more than a portion but not past fulness or out of control or hiding, I just wanted to eat more I guess. And the dark chocolate bar lasted three days and was shared with my son. Normally I would have scarf edit down immediately by myself. Baby steps.
Charin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2013, 09:17 AM   #78

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Height: 5'7"

Starting over today, it's been a while...Day 1

"Slow down to go fast..." - Mike
BethC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:09 PM   #79

S/C/G: 244/244/140

Height: 5'6.5"

I've been disgusted with myself. I binged a few nights in a row. Today I allowed myself to have a few pieces of 70% chocolate because I've been craving (milk) chocolate and decided to eat it in public and in a reasonable quantity rather than "deprive" myself and risk bingeing tonight. Today can be day two binge-free. Really want to be mindful and kind to myself.

Starting again after regaining 64 pounds.
EliseVi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 07:28 PM   #80

S/C/G: 260.8/248.8/150

Height: 5'7"

The end of day 2... I'm feeling good!

"Slow down to go fast..." - Mike
BethC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:46 PM   #81
Piseag beag boidheach

Height: 1.79

Binging a lot as of late Wish I could have less stress in my life.

Teacher2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 11:48 PM   #82

S/C/G: 244/244/140

Height: 5'6.5"

I made it. Two days without a binge. I had a totally reasonable dinner and am going to bed now. Small, measured victories. Tomorrow can be day three. :-)

Starting again after regaining 64 pounds.
EliseVi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 03:19 PM   #83

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

i'm on a binging downward spiral...if i keep it up this way i'm going to get to my old weight pretty soon.
i buy and eat a huge bag of cookies instead of studying. i feel like i'm cursed, everytime i open a book i get a minor panic attack that i will never be able to learn all this so why even bother...ughhh i hate myself for that. i feel bloated, tired. i wish that giving in to my cravings would at least make me a happy person but it doesn't, it makes me even more miserable

i feel all of you who are struggling like me right now and those of you who are not, keep up the good work

elise -i hope you make it day 3 tommorow
Old 05-21-2013, 11:58 PM   #84
Piseag beag boidheach

Height: 1.79

I binged on cheese today. Fatty, salty cheese

Teacher2B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 11:27 AM   #85
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 305/290/205

Height: 5'5

So I ended up having the Mirena taken out since I have had it for 5 years. My doctor put me on the same type of hormone but in the form of a pill, so once I get to a healthier weight my husband and I have more control of when we want to starting having children.

I have not binged while being away, but I have had a MUCH harder time with staying active. Started Insanity this week with my husband, and changing birth control has made me want to binge like a mad woman, but I have been eating healthier snacks such as fruits and veggies. Hoping to keep my urges for binging under control!
Old 05-22-2013, 11:58 AM   #86

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

good job pink hurricane...you can do it!
teacher2be- don't beat yourself up too much. at least you got some proteins and not sugary stuff like me :/

i figured out today why i was on a binging spree...it was my pms and i finally got my period today and i'm so happy. i've been totally different today, no cravings, no binging, no dark thoughts lol i'm so happy now that i know what's going on with me.
Old 05-22-2013, 01:23 PM   #87

S/C/G: HW:236 CW:? GW:130

Height: 5 foot 5

Binged again last night, but the scale showed a loss of 2 pounds, after a gain of 13 it wasn't as thrilling as it might have been. But I am going to change up the way I am eating, Stop buying the little "treats" that I started thinking I could have since "I was doing so good and deserved them" and try to stop eating, no, shoveling food in to try to fill the emotional void inside me. So, yeah, today is day 1 again. So far so good.

tubolard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:59 AM   #88

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'8

Day 5 is just starting up.
Successes so far: 13 minute jog (not long, but I haven't gone running in a couple weeks), small bowl of cereal with banana, and no desire to binge!

This week has been going so well. I weighed in at 79.8 kg early this week, and now am at 78.4 (mostly water weight though)

Before this 5 day streak, I was doing horribly. Between finals, my parents visiting, moving into the apartment, and breaking my computer, I was so overwhelmed, stressed, and upset...
I ate a lot... Too much.
But hopefully that's in the past. I have no ridiculous binging urges, and when I get minor ones, I'm able to satisfy myself with something reasonable- a slice of currant bread with some peanut butter, some chocolate, a bowl of frozen berries, etc.
And my job is gardening- I'm so active much of the day.
I'm in good spirits.

My health food store has also been selling the most beautiful, plump, ripe Turkish figs lately. $4 a pop. I've bought 3 in the past 2 days. These fruits are going to be an expensive dietary habit :\
PaintedPonies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:41 AM   #89

S/C/G: 220/158/133

Height: 5 foot 6

tubolard that sounds like a good plan. That has been one of my biggest issues, not just caving into the binges because 'I've been good the whole rest of the day'!
PaintedPonies it sounds like you are doing really well! I'd indulge your fig cravings, if you can afford to, think how much money you are probably saving on buying expensive junk! (That's how I justify things like that anyway!)

I managed to be fairly good over my weekend away. We bought two massive bags of crisps to share between us with dips and I managed to resist the urge to eat all of both packets by myself and I just ate a reasonable amount - less than my skinny friends ate. There were even some left in the packets at the end of the weekend! I'm calling this a successful non-binge! I did drink waaaay too much wine though. As I rarely do this (less than once per year) I am not beating myself up too much although I think it caused me to retain water and put a few pounds on. As of this morning I am at the same weight as before so hopefully no long-term damage there.
I am struggling today, though, for some reason. I had to resist the urge to go and buy crisps before lunch and I caved and had a kitkat just now as I couldn't stop myself any longer. There was no need for that, and I wasn't hungry and it didn't help but now I keep thinking that I just fancy some chips... or another chocolate bar... This is where my slippery slope starts and I don't want to get sucked back in!

Sorry for the novel, but writing this out helps me to think more rationally about it (and takes up so much time, I don't have time to go to the shop to buy crap). I think that not eating so well and not exercising last weekend is causing these cravings. How do I make this go away??!!!

My weight loss blog to keep myself accountable: http://haveagoodtimetoday.blogspot.co.uk/
Since 11 November 2013 working extremely hard to be Binge Free
EskaDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 10:58 AM   #90

S/C/G: SW 136 CW 105 and maintaining

Height: 5.2

Hi everybody! Been away for some days, and back here to try to eat well. I have not binged, but I have not eating as many vegetables and fruits as I should. Lost a little weight, just a pound over this week, which is great because it takes back to the weight I had this time last year.
I would like now to eat more healthily, and to stop feeding on crackers!
Just a week to go and May is over. Let is make of this a great finale!
inglesita64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.