3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks in Control (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/)
-   -   Binge-free in May! (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control/280788-binge-free-may.html)

missunshine 05-13-2013 07:55 AM

i feel so bloated, sleepy and tired today. a bit depressed also, so many things to do but so little time, dark thoughts keep rolling in my head but i try to shhhs them away. :/ i can't wait for this week to be over.
so far i'm on plan and plan to stay that way.
i'm thinking of moving out in august, i like my current place but the roomates are sometimes very awkward. i found a cheaper and prettier place but a bit far from my uni. i'm going to check it out anyways.

so come on girls, summer is almost here, let's push it a bit more and stay positive and on track. ;)

alizarin 05-13-2013 12:24 PM

I'm on day 6 of not bingeing and my boss just brought in tons of cinnamon rolls for the office. I won't have any. I don't like them that much anyway and I'll reread my list of reasons why I don't want to binge anymore. I won't binge today. I can totally do that. :smug:

Charin 05-13-2013 06:06 PM

Having another good day today. I loosened restrictions and I am eating lots of healthy stuff. when I added things up I am still well within maintenance calories. I frankly feel stuffed but want to make sure I eat every last meal so that my body/mind doesn't feel deprived and hopefully any binge thoughts go away.

alizarin 05-14-2013 08:36 AM

I made it throught the office day yesterday without starting a binge with those cinnamon rolls - yay! Which means I am on day 7 of binge free! Just today and I did it for a whole week - yay :)

I had something of an eating frenzy yesterday night after yoga class though (first time ever, and this was power yoga, so I was sweating and hurting!), and I came back ravenous afterwards, although I had eaten before. Lucky for me, I was really craving a tomato-carrot-bell-pepper-chick pea-lettuce salad. I had to go to the store (danger zone if really hungry and already cranky) to get lettuce, but I did get back home with just what I wanted to get. So I totally overate on this salad, was feeling like shoveling it down and also was very stuffed afterwards, which is a feeling I've been trying to avoid. But hey, lesson learned: make sure you're really well-fed before going to yoga, and make sure there's food ready when you get back from class. And I didn't purge, which is ultimately the behavior I want to defeat anyway. So, I'm still counting myself as being on day 7 :)

seabiscuit 05-14-2013 08:48 PM

It sounds like a lot of us are doing really well! Congratulations, everyone on the hard work!!

I am proud of myself because tonight I was about to overeat, then I took one slice of the food that I wanted and put it away, yay. The rest of my day was a bit unhealthier but that is something that I want to work on.

I went swimming for about an hour and that was a lot of fun, and hard work! :cool:

missunshine 05-15-2013 05:46 AM

i've been on emotion roller coaster and binging for the past three days. i do great during the day but after dinner i lose it.
i'm hoping to break the cycle and i hope that pms is causeing me all this troubles. my stomach hurt bad yesterday so i'll be happy if i really get my period.
i just want to stay in bed all day and read but i have classes all day.

i'm glad yall are doing great seabiscuit, alizarin and charin :)

Charin 05-15-2013 07:32 AM

Hugs missunshine! I am literally taking it day by day. I had another good day yesterday. I am in pain because I hurt my lower back on Monday at the gym (going to the chiro today) and for a minute I thought about eating chocolate to soothe me. Then I realize I wasn't even hungry, just tired and chocolate wouldn't really solve it for me. But during the day I ate plenty of healthy wholesome flavorful foods. I am down to123.4 so I definitely had a lot of bloat due to bingeing and carbs overload (just last week scale showed 132). But just day by day, no restrictions, just positive thoughts around food. No food off limits. But I've just been at it for a few days so can't give much advice yet:)

Charin 05-15-2013 07:37 AM

I wanted to add/confess that my problem hasn't been only bingeing but on occasions purging. I would rather just binge and that is it, than binge AND then purge. But really I want to do away with both obviously. I have been treated for bulimia while in college years ago (I turn 38 in June) so I know I can overcome this again. I just want to be straightforward with you guys. My goal for today is to not binge or eat just because I am in pain.

PaintedPonies 05-15-2013 08:38 PM

I made it to Day 17... a record!

But that was 7 days ago...
these past 7 days have not been so great :\
They've definitely had ups.
But so much food. so much food.

Today is day 1 again. I had more peanut butter than I should have, but I gardened and walked a lot today! And I am trying so hard to not binge out on more, and am doing well.
Day 1, once again.

I want to lose weight so badly :(

Charin 05-15-2013 09:50 PM

Paintedponies you can do it!

Well today was good! Bought dark chocolate and was able to just eat 4 squares not the entire bar. And it wasn't a struggle either. One day at a time. Good night.

Charin 05-16-2013 08:02 PM

Another good day. Ate what I wanted in moderation. And you guys? Has anybody tried intuitive eating?

EskaDee 05-17-2013 05:41 AM

How is everyone doing in this merry month of May? Charin, I hope that your confession makes you feel better and more motivated to stay on track. I know it's a tired line but the first step to a solution is admitting you have a problem so I think it is great that you can be honest with yourself and us too. We've got your back ;). Well done on your chocolate victory too!
PaintedPonies, congratulations on 17 binge-free days! I love reading about that, even though you feel like you have slipped up, as it really helps me to realise that it is possible and it can be done. I'm very proud of you, that knowledge will help me to stay motivated today! Remember that it is just a temporary slip-up and you can get back into it - even when we are permanently binge-free we will still have off days!

I'm worried about triggering off major binges next week as I am going away for the weekend and I won't be able to exercise and I will mostly be eating junk. I've managed to keep all binges small this week and even avoided it completely a couple of days, and I'm so worried I'll undo all my good work. I've managed to lose 4 lbs over the last 2 and a half weeks.... I'll be devastated if I give up now. Hopefully that will keep me motivated. We'll see! I hope everyone else has a good binge-free weekend.

tubolard 05-17-2013 12:25 PM

Complete and total failure. I just hate myself so bad right now. I have done nothing but binge since yesterday. I was doing so well, and then my body just went haywire so bad that my doctor changed my medicines, so much stress, severe pms/pmdd, hubby problems, kid problems etc. etc. But let me be honest here. It was my choice to binge, I knew every bite I put in my mouth was a mistake and I still poked it in there, sigh. Months of being good, down the drain. I could just scream. I have gained a little bit back weight wise and I am just so angry and disappointed in myself. God I hate me.
Back to the drawing board I guess, time to re-figure out a plan and start all over again. Sigh.

surfergirl2 05-17-2013 12:47 PM

I am having one of those days where a bunch of little things are just annoying the crap out of me. In the past i would have turned to food...and food DOES make you feel better if you're frickin HUNGRY because you're on a diet. But i gave up dieting...so i no longer comfort eat...because the idea of eating food when i'm not hungry does not sound appealing. So food no longer helps. Just gotta deal with it!

missunshine 05-17-2013 06:20 PM

i don't know what's wrong with me..all week long i've been binging after dinner even if i do great during the day. i'm anxious and nervous because of the exams and i got the oportunity to change apartment in august and i'm not sure if i should take it. i'm trying to relax with cookies and it doesn't really help and i keep on doing it. i gave myself an ultimatum to see how it goes tillt the end of the week and then on monday i start seriously losing weight, counting calories, not buying junk anymore and exercising more.
sometimes i feel like everyone around me is moving on and progressing just i am still stuck in one place.