Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 05-10-2013, 09:34 PM   #46  

S/C/G: 201.6/137/135

Height: 5'2"

Hi, I haven't posted in a long time. I lost about 75 pounds in 2011 which I've kept off. Actually at some point I even got down to my all time lowest of 120.But since the last week of March I've been bingeing. I saw 132 today on the scale. This needs to stop now. I know it's almost mid-month but I need to join for accountability. Today I ate three chocolate chip cookies, a bagel, frozen yogurt with all the toppings. I've been eating my on plan stuff PLUS crap like this almost every day. It used to be I only had treats on the weekends and that worked for maintenance. But I don't know how to stop this new habit.
Charin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 10:53 PM   #47  

S/C/G: SW 136 CW 105 and maintaining

Height: 5.2

What could work is, rather than not eat when you feel like eating, eat more of the "legal" stuff. Go crazy with apples, or something else you like... In my case, it is hearts of palm, or pumpkin. After some days of eating only natural fook, artificial flavors won't be so attractive... An lower your carbs, in general. Don't eliminate them, but for some days, cut down on bread and pasta. That will reduce the cravings...
Good luck and strong will power to all new comers! Just 21 days to go!
inglesita64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 06:39 AM   #48  

Thanks Inglesita. That's helpful. Today I was at 127.8 which felt better though I know it's likely water weight swings due to consuming so many carbs. I don't want to focus on the scale as much because I get obsessed but feel like I have to in the next month or so while I get this under control. And in true pear fashion I feel like any weight gain went straight to my butt and saddlebags. It's barely noticeable to anybody else but I can feel my pants just a but tighter which makes me cringe. And truth is that I look better than ever, smaller clothes still fit me well, they are just not as loose as they were. I am mostly concerned with the behavior which is destructive because I have been hiding food and eating in secret and not even enjoying it. Just like an addict. I am going grocery shopping this morning and restocking on whatever healthy stuff I want.

I lost weight the healthy weight. This craziness started because I joined a 90 day challenge at the gym and the interesting part is that it wasn't as much restricting what I ate because I actually increased my intake to fuel my workouts, but I think the pressure of having a time limit and somebody checking my food log and stats. I finished the challenge, got down to 120 and 15% body fat and then rebelled. UGH I should have known better. I have to do this on my own terms no pressure. My goal for today is not to binge today.
Old 05-11-2013, 09:03 AM   #49  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Still going strong on Day 6, I have an outing plan for lunch with my friend at Panera, and I already planned what to eat (fat free black bean soup with an apple). Also I am going to make some filling and nutrient dense for dinner. I saw a great recipe for a zucchini and squash with parmesan cheese baked, and then I am going to whip up a little something for the main course.

Weekends are very hard for me since there is always opportunity to eat out or celebrate and I always want to make something super good for my husband and I over the weekend, so I am starting to get favorite recipes and tweak them to be cleaner, more nutrient dense, and not over plan!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:22 PM   #50  

Pink Hurricane, Charin, both of you write about similar things: trying to find a way to keep eating clean in a world which presses us to be perfect and also presses us to eat things which only benefit big companies and not us. It's a difficult world!
If each of us could find that which suits our plans, and stick to that, it would be great! To me it is, for now, joining a race and not wanting to arrive last --which is what I fear may happen LOL. I am behaving like a sportsperson, which means mindful eating, water, good rest, exercise. I am not thinking of losing weight, thouth I notice my clothes are looser.
Try to find what works for your life plans, that which will make you want to eat food which is good for you but as part of something bigger. Concentrating only on the scale or the way we look --"I want to lose weight because I am too fat"-- may not work for all of us, or at least not for long enough. Maybe we are using fat as a shield, maybe we are not fat but "disordered" in our eating, maybe we like our bodies the way they are and people pester us and make us think we need to lose weight...
If we are suffering, we need to change our lives, not only what we eat. Eating should become, in my view, part of a bigger picture. How do you see it?
Old 05-11-2013, 02:35 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 200/183/150

Height: 5'7

my food hasn't been good so far for may
mrslosingit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:24 AM   #52  

Inglesita thanks for your words of wisdom. You are right, my bigger picture is breaking the cycle of diabetes and other diseases in my family. I also seek to increase the weights I lift. And I plan to run a 5k in the next few months, my first. So all of these goals should lead me to healthy eating habits. It's not about being skinny (hubby actually wouldn't mind more meat on my bones) but fit and strong. Sometimes I forget... Too much emotional eating lately that degenerates into a vicious cycle of sugar and carbs craving then rinse and repeat. Yesterday was a great day. I ate as much as I wanted of the healthy stuff. As much as I wanted. Snacks included Brussels sprouts, cucumber, cherry tomatoes , plum, grapefruit, banana, etc. I ate close to 2,000 cals if not more! And today I weigh 125.8! I must have had some major bloat from all the junk I've been eating. Oh and I noticed myself eating mindlessly some light popcorn my kids left and when I realized it I was able to stop and throw the leftovers away! That's a big thing as lately I've been eating leftovers like I was the trash can. Anyway thank you for your support. My goal for today is to not binge but to nourish and fuel my body with as much unprocessed food as possible. Have a great day!
Old 05-12-2013, 07:25 AM   #53  

Mrslosingit, my food was crappy all month until yesterday. We can turn this around

Last edited by Charin; 05-12-2013 at 02:29 PM.
Old 05-12-2013, 12:58 PM   #54  

There has to be something to healthy food that puts us on track. I stayed up watching a movie and got hungry at 3 am, so I ate 3 bananas, went to sleep, slept in like a baby, and got up to a lunch of whole wheat crackers. I'm not hungry at all, have half my calories to spare, and feel great!
Old 05-12-2013, 04:23 PM   #55  
Miraculous Amus Babus ;)

S/C/G: 271/217/140

Wink

Hey chicks! We CAN be binge free! I send my support to all of you!!

I am doing pretty well but oops, I did have another mini-binge...

I think that the important thing is getting back on track after we slip and realizing that slips aren't the end of the world. Also, I am finding that preventing slips starts in the grocery store, restaurant, eatery, menu, kitchen, it is up to us what we put in our mouth! I know my mini-binge yesterday was because I brought something home that was a trigger food.

Well, here's to getting back on track!

It seems that so much of my food, especially snacks are gone within the first day or two of coming back from the grocery store. Does anyone have any tips on how to deal with that?

We can be binge free!!
seabiscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:18 PM   #56  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

i totallly messed up today...i binged on cookies, at least they were whole wheat and didn't taste so good but still. i was on my feet all day yesterday and today and i finally saw scale move two pounds down and today i binged. i knwow i underate yesterday and today but i binged because some people made me very angry and because my plans were spoiled and i felt very anxious.
i know tomorrow will be better but this anxiety and nervousness is always present and i hope it doens't push me overboard again.

Last edited by missunshine; 05-12-2013 at 07:19 PM.
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 10:15 PM   #57  

I had a good day today. No binges. Ate everything in moderation and was able to stop without eating boxes full of anything
Old 05-12-2013, 10:19 PM   #58  

Yes, Missunshine, tomorrow will be better! Just don't look back and start over! As Seabuiscuit says, our secret lies in getting back on track as soon as possible.
I had a problem today: I went out to run 4k to train for my race, and felt too weak to run past 3k. I was really sad, because I have been eating healthy food, but then I realized that I had never been on 1200 cals and run at the same time. I started to run when I sarted maintenance...
So I ate a small dish of ravioli with no sauce, a peach and then jam, to get some energy. As from tomorrow, i will up my calories to 1400, to see if that makes it better...
I never thought I would have to up my calories! Live and learn!
I wish everyone a great week. Take it one day at a time, and eat as healthily as you can. And if you slip, get back on the horse... A slip may prevent a fall.
Old 05-12-2013, 10:53 PM   #59  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Height: 5'8"

Good grief, I go nearly 20 weeks without a binge, then I binge. I didn't feel too bad about the slip because I was going through some real trauma in my life, and I got back on plan reasonably quickly.

So what happens? Less than three weeks later, I binge. A big-*ss, all day binge. OMG, you would not believe how much food I can pack in...

I think it is because I abandoned my plan of moderation, and started restricting calories - a big no no that causes me problems every time.

That was Thursday. Fortunately, I managed to get right back on plan the next day. Saturday was full of binge thoughts. The three foods I craved on Thursday (an apple fritter from my favorite donut shop, pancakes and pizza) I didn't even eat on Thursday so I was having binge thoughts about those foods all day Saturday. What a miserable day, but I got through it. Today started with binge thoughts but I got through them too.

It is so hard for me to binge mid-week because I always want to say "screw it, I'll start the plan on Monday" and then I binge all weekend. But I didn't do that so I'm proud of myself.

Hoping I can stay binge free for the rest of May and beyond...
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2013, 07:29 AM   #60  

S/C/G: 150/ticker/120

Height: 5'4

Hi everyone. I've been hugely off track again lately and don't have time to catch up. Hope you're all doing well!

My eating has been consistently awful for a long time now. I've decided to start today on a big fresh start, and I'm feeling positive about staying in control.

I'm going to try and check in here more often to stay accountable. Here's to a good week.
themilesawaygirl is offline   Reply With Quote