For me personally, if I binge and then fast, I quickly fall into a cycle of binging, fasting, binging, fasting, etc. and it's really hard for me to get back on track with a normal healthy diet. I think everyone is different and we all process food patterns and eating differently so it can work for some (IF is sort of a much much milder and safer version of this, though when I try it I quickly spin out of control) and for others it can just cause more negative eating habits. It depends on what works best for you.
My therapist has recommended that after a binge, I go on a walk, and re-commit myself to healthy eating, meaning allowing myself to continue my normal healthy eating patterns the next day and recognizing that most binges are remedied in a few days of healthy eating.
1. Drink 144 or more oz. of water per day (6 water bottles or more)
2. Keep my net carbs (grams of carbs - grams of fiber) at 60 grams or less per day
3. Keep my sugar content at 25 grams or less per day (primarily from fruit/veggies)
4. Do at least 3 mins of planks every day.
5. Do at least 100 squats every day.
6. Run at least 3 times a week.