3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Chicks in Control

Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Fasting for a day after a period if binging?

Old 06-03-2013, 01:46 PM   #16

S/C/G: 146/re-start:132/ticker/120

Height: 5'4

For me personally, if I binge and then fast, I quickly fall into a cycle of binging, fasting, binging, fasting, etc. and it's really hard for me to get back on track with a normal healthy diet. I think everyone is different and we all process food patterns and eating differently so it can work for some (IF is sort of a much much milder and safer version of this, though when I try it I quickly spin out of control) and for others it can just cause more negative eating habits. It depends on what works best for you.

My therapist has recommended that after a binge, I go on a walk, and re-commit myself to healthy eating, meaning allowing myself to continue my normal healthy eating patterns the next day and recognizing that most binges are remedied in a few days of healthy eating.
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.