Sucks!

• I have been doing really well for several months having eliminated soda and only drinking water/unsweetened tea. In the last couple of weeks I had also eliminated BREAD ( a big one for me ) and MOST sweets (although I allow myself to have one every now and then) and tonight I ate a whole layer (boxes have two layers of candy) of whitman sample :""( and some potato chips. I feel like I am going to gain it all back now and I am freaking out. I thought I was over binging, but apparently not.. and apparently if I mess up with a little I felt I had to eat it all. Grrr
  • I know how you feel! I had a terrible eat-all-the-things day this week and felt awful.
    But I think it's important to remember that you have lost 40lbs! That is amazing! One setback isn't going to take that away from you.
    Tomorrow is a new day, don't punish yourself.
  • Thank you Emula, I will try to stay focused on the positive of 40 lbs... It took me forever to lose 30 (very slow) but the last 10 has mercifully come off in the last 2 weeks so I am guarding and worried for the 10 Lol
  • lol then you must be doing something right! I know I'm super protective of my losses too!
    But seriously I am super impressed by the 40lbs and knowing it was slow for you is good because I couldn't get passed 145 for months!
    You're doing great!
  • Quote: I have been doing really well for several months having eliminated soda and only drinking water/unsweetened tea. In the last couple of weeks I had also eliminated BREAD ( a big one for me ) and MOST sweets (although I allow myself to have one every now and then) and tonight I ate a whole layer (boxes have two layers of candy) of whitman sample :""( and some potato chips. I feel like I am going to gain it all back now and I am freaking out. I thought I was over binging, but apparently not.. and apparently if I mess up with a little I felt I had to eat it all. Grrr
    One day of bingeing will not ruin your diet. Put it behind you and get back on track. You are doing great so far.
  • Quote: I have been doing really well for several months having eliminated soda and only drinking water/unsweetened tea. In the last couple of weeks I had also eliminated BREAD ( a big one for me ) and MOST sweets (although I allow myself to have one every now and then) and tonight I ate a whole layer (boxes have two layers of candy) of whitman sample :""( and some potato chips. I feel like I am going to gain it all back now and I am freaking out. I thought I was over binging, but apparently not.. and apparently if I mess up with a little I felt I had to eat it all. Grrr
    It looks to me like you've been overrestricting. As many wise people here have pointed out, overrestricting rather predictably leads to binging. I appreciate the importance of avoiding triggers, but this has to be balanced with flexibility and moderation, IMO. I suggest you start there: experiment with loosening the reins a little and see how that sits with you.

As for the fear of regaining, we all have it. Just take it one meal at a time. Get one healthy, modeate meal behind you and build from there.

Hang in there! We've all been where you are.

Freelance
  • You have done so great, wolfwolf!!! Now get back on your weightloss wagon and keep doing what you were doing!! One day isn't going to undo all you have done for yourself and we all have weak moments. Getting back on plan right now is the best thing you can do for yourself!! You can do it!!
  • hugs sometimes things call our names and resisting is hard!
    Just when you think you have it knocked ....it rears it's head!

Forgive yourself accept that you cannot Unring a bell....and move on!

I am finding myself drawn to things I have managed to stay clear of...it will always be a struggle for me... I accept this thought but living it can be extremely challenging!
    I am fitting in clothing sizes I have not worn for years ....but the brain is saying...Mmmm that really looks good don't you want to eat that ? Yumm...
    Gotta have that... And the struggle goes on! And I been at goal for awhile!

Love yourself enough to give yourself the same compassion you show others here!
    Roo2
  • I agree you might be overrestricitng which may backfire. I am the queen of restricting and that is when bingeing started with me. Instead of eating maybe 5 cookies and forgiving myself, accepting I might make mistakes and overeat sometimes, I would feel so guilty and eat the whole box and then maybe another whole box and tell myself I could never have those things again. which just meant another binge. I would have been much better off with just those 5 cookies without the guilt. Anything you cut out completely will seem more attractive. I think the key could be balance which is what I'm trying hard to learn right now. Good luck on the weight loss and congrats on the 40 pounds!