Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-26-2013, 03:13 PM   #1  

S/C/G: 198/163/105

Height: 5'2

Default My once a week fast food weaning

So i have a major attachment to fast food, specifically McDonald's and Wendy's. I used to go to McDonald's multiple times a week from age 2 to probably forever. Only in the past few months have I been trying to cut back. I've been allowing myself a trip to the drive thru only once a week.
Today I opted for Wendy's, seeing as i haven't had any in over a week (yay me!). I ordered a single cheeseburger combo with small fries an diet coke. Not too bad considering the alternatives there however the bf asked for his own small fries at the end of the order. We get home, I'm enjoying lunch, finish up and I'm good. But bf doesn't want his fries anymore!! So here I am after my weekly Wendy's meal, with a box of temptation right in the dining room. I wool just toss em in the trash or flush them but bf hates wasting food. Hmm. Advice? Shall I force feed him? LOL
Kraitxx3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 03:16 PM   #2  

I decided to put them in the back of the fridge in their paper bag. They won't seem as appealing in half an hour when they're all congealed and cardboard tasting
Old 03-26-2013, 03:33 PM   #3  

Toss them!!! Like you said, they are no good once they are cold.

Good for you in making changes, it will surely pay off weight-wise and pocketbook-wise!! It's expensive to eat that stuff!

I haven't had a meal outside of my house in 8 months, now I don't know if I could. The amazing changes in my cravings, tastebuds, everything has changed. To eat processed food now would probably literally make me sick to my stomach!!

(Did you throw out the fries yet?!)
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:14 PM   #4  
I got this

S/C/G: 206/162/135

Height: a little over 5'2

Definitely agree that it will help pocket-wise once you are done with fast food and eating out! I never really realized how much money I was blowing on fast food including take-out and delivery let alone think about what I was eating! *shudders*

Throw them out!!! Fries in general usually sucks for re-heating, never the same as fresh. Now, I know you didn't ask but it is really easy and cheaper to make your own, just slice them in small wedges/sticks then boil for 5-7 minutes, maybe 10 depending on your stove and how much potatoes you have, dry them with paper towel then season them with your favorite spices and lightly spray/brush pan and top of fries with oil, bake at 425 for 10-15 minutes or until potatoes are brownish. Really satisfies that french fry craving and a lot less fattening/calories as well.

Good luck with you breaking that "habit"!
amandie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 08:00 AM   #5  

Hey y'all thanks for the input. I DID end up tossing them out yay!! Today is a strictly eating at home day. Last night was a tiny but hard, bf made bacon at midnight. I had 1/2 a serving of oatmeal instead. Small accomplishments!
Old 03-27-2013, 08:07 AM   #6  

Awesome!!!! So happy for you!!! There was no way that cold fries were worth their calories.
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:18 AM   #7  
Claim it ,Achieve it!

S/C/G: 212/104.2/120

Height: 5'2"

Back away ,Tell it ..it has no power over you!

I am a Junk Food Lover but Junk Food does not return my feelings...So we broke up!
Spilt the sheet or Should I say Ripped the Bag!

It was a relationship that had run it's course!
We had fond memories but the horrible battles. Proven in the end to be our downfall. I finally had to walk away from the relationship...it was just too painful to be around!
I know he has several girls that sneak around with him but I refuse to keep up the tawdry affair any longer. Living the double life became more than I could deal with ,parking down the street hiding from family and friends to avoid being caught ...just took it's toll on me ...and I had to finally end it...it was the best for all concerned.

Roo2
Roo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 07:41 AM   #8  

S/C/G: 215/188/150

Height: 5'4"

Good for you that you stuck them in the fridge, there is no resurrecting them now. But your post reminds me how incredibly important it is to not allow my toddler to eat food like this. Habits are formed when young and you were done a great disservice by being taken to fast food places from the time you were 2!!! It really makes me angry that parents do this to their children, although I've been addicted to fast food for years I cannot imagine giving it to my child... I have a couple of times and luckily he doesn't want anything to do with it.

Good luck, I'm right there with you! The drive thru is my nemesis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo2 View Post

I am a Junk Food Lover but Junk Food does not return my feelings...So we broke up!

We had fond memories but the horrible battles. Proven in the end to be our downfall. I finally had to walk away from the relationship...it was just too painful to be around!
I know he has several girls that sneak around with him but I refuse to keep up the tawdry affair any longer. Living the double life became more than I could deal with ,parking down the street hiding from family and friends to avoid being caught ...just took it's toll on me ...and I had to finally end it...it was the best for all concerned.

Roo2
Haha, awesome!
Palestrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 07:23 PM   #9  

I love reading your responses. Food for thought! Thanks for the feedback, y'all help me every day :3
Old 04-05-2013, 08:44 PM   #10  

S/C/G: 204/114/120

Height: 5'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roo2 View Post

Roo2
I was interested in hearing of the end of your romance, you have seemed to handle it quite well.
bargoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:39 AM   #11  

S/C/G: 291/234/170

Height: 5'9"

I completely understand how hard it is to wean yourself off of fast food. I literally used to eat out 2 to 3 times a day, every day. For years. Not only did I get myself in more and more debt, my health also seriously suffered. I started weaning myself about 2 to 3 months before I had VSG surgery, so that by the time I got to pre-op, I wouldn't end up with terrible withdrawal. It worked well, and I haven't eaten any fast food or "junk" food in over 2 months.

Though, I'm not going to lie...in 2 weeks, I am on solid foods, and I am looking forward to going out with my family and actually treating myself. But it is going to be a once every week or two week thing from here on out.
ForeverVivid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2013, 03:49 AM   #12  

S/C/G: 172/162/145

Height: 5'6"

It really does seem like it takes a long time for fast food cravings to dissipate, but once you start eating at home for a month or so and only go out to a sit down (non fast food) lunch or dinner once in awhile, you will find it a lot easier to ignore the cravings. (And you will probably get a stomach ache from all of the grease in one "value meal"once you take a break for long enough.) If you can take another route to work, etc. that allows you to avoid driving by those restaurants it will help with the cravings because seeing the signs/buildings are triggers. Keep up the good work and please, never waste your calories on cold nasty fries lol.
Tigerlilly6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 09:56 AM   #13  

Since my first post I've only additionally had half a bk chicken sandwich. Yay. I've also discovered salads from Subway as a good substitution