Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-23-2013, 07:56 PM   #106  

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'8

Day 3 went well. I got in a good run, too.
Yesterday was a little rocky- lots of chocolate and cereal, but I stopped myself from eating some things, but allowed myself to eat other things. I wasn't hungry and didn't need the extra food, but at the same time, I think it's okay to have those days where I do eat a lot.

I'm excited for tomorrow.
I'm also going to try a different tactic when I want to binge- positivity (as opposed to will power).
If my binging self starts to urge me to binge, I'm going to tell myself that I don't deserve whatever it is I want to binge on. I deserve better than that. I deserve to eat healthy portions of healthy foods, to be fit and confident, and to not be obsessed with eating.

Last edited by PaintedPonies; 04-23-2013 at 07:56 PM.
PaintedPonies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 05:43 AM   #107  

S/C/G: 220/158/133

Height: 5 foot 6

How is everyone doing? I always hope that when there have been a few days with no posts it is because everyone is doing really well!

So far I have managed to stick with it - no binges so far! However, I have had to differentiate in my head between 'binges' and 'over-snacking' or over-eating at meal times. I am still struggling with pulling myself out of the bingefest of the last few weeks, and I am letting myself get away with eating a couple of crackers here and there or eating too much dinner in an effort to prevent it turning into a full blown binge. In my head this is better as I know that I have more will power at cutting back on these things in the long-run than preventing binges - I'm not sure if it is really better or not though.

In any case, I'm feeling more positive and more motivated. If I can tighten up on 'over-snacking' then I will be right back on track! Sorry for the novel, good luck to everyone else.
EskaDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 11:28 AM   #108  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

oh man...since i returned home for my spring break i have been overeating, actually i've been eating my maintenance mode calories. i'm giving myself a break for a while because no matter how much i tried for the past two months i lost only 4 pounds maybe. i feel like maybe this weght is my happy weight since i've been maintaining it for the past two years and i'm gonna work only on tonning my body for a while.
today is my bff birthday and we went to a fancy restaurant and we had a big lunch and then i got home and had another lunch that my mom made. :/ plus tonight i have two parties to go and i just want to cancel everything because i feel so bloated and sleepy but i won't. i'm going to enjoy while i0m home and i don't care about food choices anymore, i'm just going with the flow
good luck yall
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 12:23 AM   #109  

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'8

Today was good.
I woke up not hungry, even after a jog, so I didn't eat until 11:30. I had healthy food, and ate at a decent deficit.
I even went biking for 30 minutes!
That's Day 6!
PaintedPonies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 01:52 PM   #110  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

How is everyone doing this week?

Milesaway~ The dinner went well and I stayed on plan and it was a lot of fun! We all deserve a break come TOM so don't worry about that!

Day 14 today and I am still binge free. I keep having internal battles when I feel myself wanting to binge or say screw it and just go have a bingefest, but I keep reminding myself NO, you don't need any of that crap. Stick to what you are doing. Realize that a few minutes of pleasure is going to take more than a few days to take off. That is helping me, but it's one day at a time!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:00 PM   #111  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Height: 5'8"

One week binge free. It sucks that I binged after 20 weeks of binge-free behavior, but at least I'm back on track. I guess I can look at it as 21 of the last 22 weeks are binge-free.

Maybe I can break my 20-week record and go for 21+ weeks? That is what I'm going to try to do!
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2013, 06:28 PM   #112  

S/C/G: 220/158/133

Height: 5 foot 6

Wow KittyKatFan! 21 of the last 22 weeks binge-free? That's amazing! That is major inspiration to me right there; it is possible!
So far this weekend hasn't been too bad although I did go a bit overboard at a child's birthday party today. I have decided not to feel too badly about it,though, as I enjoyed the food and won't be making a habit of it. Hopefully!
EskaDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:11 PM   #113  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

kittykat-hope you're feeling better now... and 22 is totally doable for you
eskadee- exactly....just don't make a habit out of it
pink hurricane -you're doing great *thumbs up* two weeks is a huge accomplishment ...
painted ponies- i like your attitude and you exercise a lot! i wish i would be exercising that much...i feel too embarrassedto go out and workout but in may i'm gonna start some yoga or pilates...just small steps...

so,i'm home alone for a few days and i made a cake and ate half of it right away-it was only about 800 kcal and i feel so stuffed and sick but i think i stayed in my daily cal range. can't wait to return to uni and start some healthy eating but also i need to start studying for exams and i'm so frtustrated already and panicking and just want to close myself in my pantry and eat my way out, but of course i won't do that. i've been spending way too much, i just don't have the ability to stop myself from buying new clothes or cute stuff that is on sale. yikes. i know i'm not alone in this...tomorrow is the the beggining of new month and let's make it a good one cheers
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 06:05 PM   #114  

S/C/G: 244/244/140

Height: 5'6.5"

KittyKatFan -- Wow. I hope you are pausing to pat yourself on the back and bask in the glory of your accomplishment! 21 weeks is incredible! I'm rooting for you to hit 22 weeks....and then have longer and longer intervals between little blips.

Missunshine - Oh, I know just how you feel. I hope you were able to restart your healthy eating. You deserve to be kind to yourself now and not wait until you are back on campus. The image of eating oneself out of the pantry to avoid studying or other work assignments is a perfect one, though....so tempting and yet doesn't help get the work done or help you feel good about anything. Hope you can stay strong!! (And, for what it's worth, I'm going to say congrats on eating only half the cake. I'd have eaten the entire thing if I were alone with a cake in my kitchen. So, good on you!)

TheMilesAwayGirl, Eskadee and OneThreeFive -- Thanks for your kind words and encouragement. I haven't posted on here in a while (didn't have the energy), but I've been popping in to read. :-)

So, I've had two binge (or mindless eating) episodes in the last week, but they weren't big in scale and my post-binge discomfort wasn't severe or long (this is how I judge my binges), so I am going to take this as a sign that I'm moving along in my recovery process. I'm more often than not thinking about my hunger level before I eat and trying to avoid letting myself get too hungry or too tired -- binge triggers. Both times I binged it was because I was in very stressful situations and didn't stop, take a step back, and think about what else I could do other than eat to soothe myself (or numb myself, as the case may be). This week I've had a number of people from different parts of my life ask if I've lost weight or compliment me. I haven't lost more than a few pounds, but I'm stronger from working out and have gotten smaller in terms of clothes. Without my invisibility cloak of fat, I feel exposed and embarrassed. Today, after two people commented on the fact that I looked good or that I've lost weight, all I could think about for two hours was going and buying three to four family-size bags of mini Almond Joy bars and then squirreling away to eat all of them. Thankfully, I focused on what I'd feel like after I'd done that and thought about what I'd say to someone on this board if she said that she was going to do that. So happy that I was kind to myself and went for a 20 minute walk in the sunshine.

Good luck, everyone. This is such a great board/community.
EliseVi is offline   Reply With Quote