Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 04-10-2013, 10:25 AM   #46  

S/C/G: 305/300/250

Height: 5'7"

So after recovering from one of the worst binges I've had in a very long time. Begin Day one..

Last edited by Chrys666; 04-10-2013 at 10:25 AM.
Chrys666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 11:58 AM   #47  

S/C/G: 244/244/140

Height: 5'6.5"

Thanks Danzingurl (Jessica?) and KarenLee.

And KarenLee, watching TV without noshing is a big achievement! Congrats.
EliseVi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:15 PM   #48  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

May I join this thread? I think I need to. I've been binging so much lately that it feels out of control. I gained ten pounds since February. I'm trying to quit eating refined sugar because I think that's a trigger for me. It's day 2 since I've had any and I feel SO lethargic and grumpy. Almost no energy at all. Back in 2011 I was doing so well with weight loss. I lost sixty pounds in five months! But then I quit smoking and I feel like I've been holding on by my fingertips ever since.
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 01:24 PM   #49  

S/C/G: 113/117/110-120

Height: 5'5"

chryss666 - glad to see you are moving past the binge. Wishing you a great day!

shishleberry - good job with the quitting smoking. Don't underestimate that wonderful accomplishmet.

Danzingul - sorry to hear you had a rough day. Hoping today goes better for you.
veggiedaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 02:41 PM   #50  

Hey all! I joined silently this month, but I'm happy to report only one out of control moment so far - one in 10 days! That's really good progress for me. Hopefully I can keep going with it.

You guys are so inspirational. I love this board!
kk2323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 05:30 PM   #51  

S/C/G: 220/158/133

Height: 5 foot 6

kk2323 Congratulations! That is a great achievement. Keep it up and keep inspiring us all!

I ended up bingeing this afternoon on my worst trigger food that I have intentionally avoided for a long time to avoid this. I ended up walking past a shop and couldn't stop myself from buying heaps of food and going straight home to eat it all. I can't seem to break the cycle this time and it's getting worse. It's been weeks now that I haven't had a binge-free day and I had thought I was doing better. I need to get my motivation back and hopefully that will pull me out of the slump. I'm feeling so disappointed today
EskaDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 09:58 PM   #52  

S/C/G: 146/139/133

Challenging day but I think I am going to make it. Really want to binge right now. Just had some carrots and hummus and I need to be done for the night. My son just made popcorn and one of my favorite shows starts in ten minutes. URGH!!!

I am starting to get that panicky feeling.

I am not afraid of food. I am not afraid of hunger. I can listen to my body. Do I REALLY want to eat or am I just using food to satiate something other than hunger? If I am really hungry, what do I really want? I won't eat just eat it because it is convenient. I love myself more than I love food.

I can feel safe around food even when I am watching TV.
KarenLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 10:54 PM   #53  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

Karenlee- I really look up to your positive thinking- I hope you are able to get through the night!

Eskadee- I am so sorry you are feeling that way. The only way to feel better is to get back on track- I know you can do it!

Kk2323- keep up the good work!

Veggiedaxe- thank you! I am just about to hop over to your "non-dieting" post- I hope that's going well for you

Shishkeberry- welcome and good luck! We're here for you!

Chrys666- I hope you had a solid day 1!

Feeling a little better at the end of the day today but still very bloated and a lot of reflux from yesterday...
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 04:33 AM   #54  

Height: 5ft3

I'm joining in after a long absence due to excessive work which led to being out of control

Managed day 1 yesterday

Good to see all my friends here
Jalsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 10:13 AM   #55  

S/C/G: 146/139/133

I wasn't 100% on plan yesterday (I ended up eating pancakes for breakfast but I was really disciplined the rest if the day) but more importantly I ate like a normal person and did not binge.

Three days of eating well and exercising an hour a day.

Today is day four: meeting a friend for lunch...the next challenge... I will check the menu first and order first...
KarenLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:10 AM   #56  

S/C/G: 244/244/140

Height: 5'6.5"

KarenLee, good luck at lunch today! I'm so impressed that you could have pancakes for breakfast and eat them in a neutral ("normal") way. That's amazing. At this point, I couldn't have a bite of French toast or pancakes or have even a single-serve box of cereal in my house.

OK, just writing this has made me feel hungry even though I'm not. Not cool! I'm going to go drink some coffee, go to the gym, and think about the fact that no French toast and syrup would ever taste anywhere good as I'm imagining right now!

Hope everyone has a good day!
EliseVi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 11:22 AM   #57  
albal18195

S/C/G: 193/173/125

Height: 5'6"

Okay, it's halfway through April but I want to do this!!! It would be a big deal for me to do even two weeks. Starting today

"Do not worry, do not be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."
-Bill Hicks
alligator18195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:09 PM   #58  
Starting again

S/C/G: 289/ticker/128

Height: 5'4"

I made it through yesterday and today is looking good, too. I don't eat breakfast because I tend to make bad choices for the rest of the day if I do. But for lunch I'm having leftover stuffed cabbage that I had in the freezer, some plain Greek yogurt, and a bunch of grapes. I never tried plain Greek before but it's not bad! I thought I wouldn't be able to eat it without sugar. it's not the best tasting thing I've ever eaten but not the worst either. Good luck to everyone today!
shishkeberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 01:22 PM   #59  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

chrys666- i hope you're doing ok. i read your post in your thread and i'll reply here. let me tell you that similarthing happened to me once,maybe two years ago. i binged so badly and i thought i was going to die. i almost fainted after throwing up and was home alone. it was a wake up call for a while but after a few weeks i kept on binging untill i regained most of my weight. i'm really sorry you had to go trough that

shiskeberry- welcome wow congrats on your weight loss and more importantly for quitting smoking and to top that you're quitting sugar. that's a lot of things at once so you definitely shouldn't be too harsh on yourself. the first few days are probably the worst but after that you'll feel so much better. it's just your body struggling cause you limited all the "goods" so keep on going and keep us posted about your sugar. i'm sure you can do it!!

kk232-welcome and i hope you achieve your goal soon

eskadee- maybe if you calculate ahow much money you spend on binge food will stop that urge, or i usually tell myself would you rather buy some new clothes, book or something more useful or food that will be gone in an hour.

karen lee- good job on resisting the urge to binge.

alligator- welcome, you can do it.

elisevi-have a great exercise i sure could do some too

danzigurl-hope you're feeling better today

ok, so i'm back at uni, i'm so sleepy cause i haven't slept for two nights. and coffee doesn't help me at all. i have classes all day and no time for eating normal meals but at least i'm not binging. i think it's been a month and a half now with a few days of slight overeating. i just wish that scale would show me some progress too
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 02:18 PM   #60  

S/C/G: 113/117/110-120

Height: 5'5"

congrats to everyone making it another day without binging even if it's your first day!
veggiedaze is offline   Reply With Quote