3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks in Control (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/)
-   -   When does fat start to show up after overeating? (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control/278699-when-does-fat-start-show-up-after-overeating.html)

kassi14 03-29-2013 09:32 PM

When does fat start to show up after overeating?

I have had a binge every day this week and managed to gain back the three pounds I had recently lost. Between today and yesterday, I have had about 10 pieces of fried chicken and probably around a half pound of chocolate. I ate an entire chocolate bunny today!! Plus Reese's and much more. When will I see the weight gain? I know it's going to happen. I have tried to make up for it by walking two hours today though. It all started when I ran 10 miles yesterday and wasn't thinking about what I was eating. Ugh.

IanG 03-29-2013 09:48 PM

Ran 10 miles?

You're in the clear Miss. I wouldn't worry about it.

That's better gas mileage than my car gives me!

kassi14 03-29-2013 09:50 PM

Yes, but I ate back all the calories I burned off. And then some.. :(

IanG 03-29-2013 09:52 PM

A 10 mile run must be 1300 calories, at least.

seagirl 03-29-2013 10:12 PM

For me it shows up after consistently overeating for a few weeks while doing zero exercise.

3500 extra calories = 1 pound. What did you eat? Running 10 miles will burn at least 1000 (assuming you weigh 125 pounds) more than that if you weigh more.

Just track your food, and your exercise and move on.

IanG 03-29-2013 10:15 PM

I challenge anyone in a single day to run 10 miles and then get fat, eating whatever the heck they want. Impossible.

You're going to be super toned and probably sore after that run. That's for sure.

If it was a "walk around the block" we'd be having a different discussion. I have done 10 miles once in my life. And I walked it! Ouch.

Now get back on the program. Move on.

danzingurl77 03-29-2013 10:36 PM

I'm going to be the oddball here- 10 miles is a lot of running- no doubt- you probably burned about 1,000 calories running ten miles- HOWEVER- how easy is it to eat 1,000 calories during a binge? I have had weeks where I ran 30 miles- (5 miles/ day during the week with a long run on the weekend) and have been up 3-4 lbs because I binged for a few of those days. A binge for me is out of control- like 5-6,000 calories. Way more than I coul ever dream of burning off.

So- for me, when I binge, I am usually up a few lbs of water the next day, and then usually about a week later I am about back to normal--

I think your question depends a lot upon how often you are overeating- if it's just one day- you will be totally fine. But if it's happening every day or for several days/weeks- you'll start to see some fat gain, I would give it about a week of normal eating (dont try to overly testrict) for the "water weight" to flush out and then see where you are.

I hope that helps a little! Good luck getting back on track!

IanG 03-29-2013 10:40 PM

Quote:

I have had weeks where I ran 30 miles
Sorry to push, but I have never seen a person that is overweight running 30 miles a week. Ever. The two conditions (being overweight and regularly running significant distances) cannot co-exist (at least for very long). All of my friends that run 30 miles + a week are (super) slim. Without exception. And they are not counting the calories.

kassi14 03-29-2013 10:48 PM

My binges were frequent and in the 300-800 calorie ranges each. I'll just start fresh tomorrow. All of the chocolate is now gone, because I literally ate all of it today. And about the ten miles, I was going to run that much again today but the inside of my knee was hurting. Not just sore. Hopefully it isn't anything bad. But thank you all for your comments! I'm sure ill gain a pound or two, but I'll try to eat as healthy as I can from now on.

danzingurl77 03-29-2013 10:49 PM

[QUOTE=IanG;4687190]Sorry to push, but I have never seen a person that is overweight running 30 miles a week. Ever. The two conditions cannot co-exist.[/]

I wasn't overweight while running that much so maybe that's the difference between our thought processes here- and maybe I'm a freak of nature because I promise- last year from November 1- January 1, I gained 12 lbs. in those two months I also completed the "insanity" workout program while running between 25-35 miles each week. I was binge-eating nearly every day.

Again, that's just my experience. At the end of those months, I wasn't overweight, but I gained a solid 12 lbs of fat while working out excessively. Maybe if I had continued like that, the weight gain would have eventually slowed down before I got into the "overweight" category... But I really don't want to try it and find out.

IanG 03-29-2013 10:52 PM

Thanks. I just think that when it comes to serious exercise our understanding of calories burned are well off as are what's going on with muscle development versus stored as fat. If I saw people doing serious physical activity that were fat I'd believe it. But I just don't.

danzingurl77 03-29-2013 10:52 PM

Kassi- let me also be clear that my binges were 5-6,000 calories- THAT'S why I gained so much. Honestly 300-800 extra calories is not a lot if you are active, and I really wouldn't stress about it. Be careful with those knees! Don't push too hard!

kassi14 03-29-2013 11:00 PM

It is possible to run 30 miles a week and still be overweight. It is all about how much you eat, exercise is good too but if you eat way more than you burn you will gain weight still.

IanG 03-29-2013 11:04 PM

Thanks Kassi. I do agree. But with a 10 mile run, you can ease up on yourself a little. You'll be good.

The day I run 10 miles is the day I don't worry about my calories that day.

IanG 03-29-2013 11:19 PM

Oh, for hecks sake. No you have not.

Fat walkers, perhaps.

But the guy that ran 7 miles to work that day? C'mon.

[Am I about to get my butt whipped?]