Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-02-2014, 05:31 PM   #1  
Battling Binge Eating

S/C/G: 228/179/150

Height: 5'5 1/2

Default Binge Free In March

We made it thru February! Thank goodness it was a short month. I hope everyone is doing ok. I Haven't been on much, but Ive been thinking about the thread and how we are doing constantly.

I am still binge free. Its crazy, but its true..no binge eating.

However, while not binge eating I have found that no weight is coming off, and in fact I'm positive Ive gained. I notice things that weren't there before, extra poof above belly button that wasn't there. I haven't dared step on the scale. In all honesty I am afaird to weigh myself because if the weight is up like I think, I'm afaird I will resort to old habits and it will send me off into eating.

I don't know what to do with myself.
mainecyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 06:56 PM   #2  

S/C/G: 138.6/122.4/120

Height: 5ft 5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainecyn View Post
We made it thru February! Thank goodness it was a short month. I hope everyone is doing ok. I Haven't been on much, but Ive been thinking about the thread and how we are doing constantly.

I am still binge free. Its crazy, but its true..no binge eating.

However, while not binge eating I have found that no weight is coming off, and in fact I'm positive Ive gained. I notice things that weren't there before, extra poof above belly button that wasn't there. I haven't dared step on the scale. In all honesty I am afaird to weigh myself because if the weight is up like I think, I'm afaird I will resort to old habits and it will send me off into eating.

I don't know what to do with myself.
hi uv done so well-congrats on ur acheivments so far!iv managed to do 7days binge free but have wanted to eat junk badly-literally just tryin to find things 2do to distract myself from cravings!its weigh in tomorro morn so will c what my result is after gaining 6lb last week from my binge wknd-so frustrating that it taking so long to reach my goal this time around...things could b worse i suppose..mainecyn-i admire u for being binge free for so long :-)
LittleMissNiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 08:14 PM   #3  
Battling Binge Eating

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMissNiki View Post
hi uv done so well-congrats on ur acheivments so far!iv managed to do 7days binge free but have wanted to eat junk badly-literally just tryin to find things 2do to distract myself from cravings!its weigh in tomorro morn so will c what my result is after gaining 6lb last week from my binge wknd-so frustrating that it taking so long to reach my goal this time around...things could b worse i suppose..mainecyn-i admire u for being binge free for so long :-)
7 days! That is wonderful, you are doing so well and working so hard. I still want to eat garbage at times, I really do. The more stressed out I am the worse that feeling is. I try to just ignore the thoughts but they are always there, sometimes just louder than others. I keep trying, at times its hour to hour, maybe minute to minute to be honest. I find myself freaking out at the idea that I have continued to gain.

In my mind I always told myself if I could just stop the binge eating the weight would drop off. Its not doing that at all. All I keep doing is looking in the shower or mirror at the saggy skin, the butt, my waist, my legs, I swear I can feel the inches add up every couple seconds. Thank you so much for the encouragement, really. I am ok binge wish, but self esteem wise and depression, well its setting in and I don't know what to do. I keep having thoughts of so many different things, exercise, diets, surgery, anything. That is so sad.

41 days, I think? Well, its an accomplishment, that's for sure..but I thought I'd feel better about myself, I really did.
Old 03-03-2014, 08:28 AM   #4  

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainecyn View Post
7 days! That is wonderful, you are doing so well and working so hard. I still want to eat garbage at times, I really do. The more stressed out I am the worse that feeling is. I try to just ignore the thoughts but they are always there, sometimes just louder than others. I keep trying, at times its hour to hour, maybe minute to minute to be honest. I find myself freaking out at the idea that I have continued to gain.

In my mind I always told myself if I could just stop the binge eating the weight would drop off. Its not doing that at all. All I keep doing is looking in the shower or mirror at the saggy skin, the butt, my waist, my legs, I swear I can feel the inches add up every couple seconds. Thank you so much for the encouragement, really. I am ok binge wish, but self esteem wise and depression, well its setting in and I don't know what to do. I keep having thoughts of so many different things, exercise, diets, surgery, anything. That is so sad.

41 days, I think? Well, its an accomplishment, that's for sure..but I thought I'd feel better about myself, I really did.
that is amazing!u deffo should feel good but i know its easier said than done...no one can really understand what different ppl go thru no matter if experiences r similar-just remember tho-41 days-U ACHEIVED THAT and no1 can take that away from u-whether u losing weight or not u still havent given in which is the main thing to b happy about :-) do u follow any sort of eating plan to lose weight?i follow my own one that i adapted to suit me after yrs of trying diff ways to lose weight as being type1 diabetic affects weight loss-with following my diet prop this week i managed to lose 9lbs and 2inches from my waist which is good but really iv lost 3lbs as i gained 6lbs last week from my food binge last wknd but its progress anyway-im on the right track now so its given me incentive and i even enjoyed my workout this morn and i hate exercise but it always makes me feel better after!im now hopin to lose 3lb a week till my target but that might b a bit unrealistic,so watever i lose now im happy-as long as ur happy dont let anyone bring u down-we can do it!stay positive :-)
Old 03-05-2014, 07:24 AM   #5  

S/C/G: 174/167/145

Height: 5'8

I haven't been coming on here as much as I should, but I've been doing well.
I made it to day 7 when I decided to start back from Day 1 due to mindless after-dinner snacking. I wasn't binging, or if I did, I would stop myself before anything got too crazy. It was just getting messy, and i felt like I was letting too much slide and letting myself off easy.
The past couple of days have been really good though. I've lost about 5lbs of water weight since the weekend too, and am now back to my normal weight when I'm not binging.

mainecyn- I know how scary stepping on the scale after you know you've gained can be, but I suggest you go for it. Of course everyone is different, but I've learned with myself that if I'm not weighing myself regularly, I will eat too much and not care if I gain because there's no way to really tell. When I'm on a binging streak or a mindless snacking phase, I often won't be weighing myself because I don't want to see the damage done. But if I'm weighing myself, I often make better choices, like dragging my butt to the gym (I really do need to do this)

Last edited by MeganTheMushroom; 03-05-2014 at 07:24 AM.
MeganTheMushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 03:05 PM   #6  

Hi All,

I'm still binge free. I should go and work out how many days. Its not been on my mind so much, but it is still there, but i am ignoring it.

I also have less opportunity as I am currently living with my partner and just got a new job, so we'll see how things go.

Cyn, you're doing amazingly well, so keep at it!
orangesmartie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 12:57 PM   #7  

well done to every1 4ur acheivments!im now on day 11 binge free and weight is coming off so im happy and motivated which is good!still craving lots of food but just trying to get past it-im goin till mothers day and taking mum 4 dinner so that will b my 'treat day' then providing im at my target weight,i will b doin some days diet and some treat days to try and maintain-and will b doin my workouts all the time!taking it 1day at a time and not stressing myself out about reaching targets,just setting goals as an incentive-hopefully this is a good strategy..!time will tell!well done again everyone :-)
Old 03-07-2014, 10:16 PM   #8  

S/C/G: 217 /*/140

Height: 5'5"

Default Re

Well February is gone. I did not make all the goals I set for myself. But my new mantra is "progress not perfection". I did fairly well considering my life is hectic and my emotions are everywhere with relationship problems and stress from my teenager.
jendiet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2014, 11:31 PM   #9  

Height: 5'5

Hi would you guys mind if I joined in? I need help controlling my binges
AlyssaFit4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2014, 01:28 PM   #10  
Battling Binge Eating

Well, still binge free.

i went into the dr yesterday due to a cold and ended up being told I had gained more weight. 186.However, he thinks the extra few pounds are due to the fact that my blood pressure has gone way up.He asked if I had noticed any changes and then remembered that for over a week my rings haven't come off my fingers, ankles swollen etc. Dr says that is the new extra few pounds, however my overall weight is still up 30 lbs from a year ago. I go back on the 13th, if still high he will add a blood pressure med until it comes down.

For me the extra weight is what always causes it. I have a family history of high blood pressure so when I get heavier the weight comes on and the blood pressure goes up. He isn't too upset weight wise but mentioned it several times telling me to watch it, my blood sugar levels are continuing to go up as well. Before I lost all the weight I had in the past i was on meds for blood sugar and pressure.

I was a mess and I'm heading that way. I can't keep gaining. I don't understand why I am. I did bring up to him that I haven't exercised really all winter, my back injury has been horrendous the last couple of months, no walking at all, so I'm basically just working and occasionally going to the store . I usually walk all year long but I am in so much pain all I am doing is running to the chiropractor lately.

I am trying not to focus on the weight or the way I look to much but it is depressing to be honest to see that saggy butt and thighs now, it wasn't that way before. I try to not dwell on it and remind myslf that it will go away and not get worse, then that voice in my head gets going and I try to ignore it, no eating wont feel better no matter what it says to me, I have to believe what I know is true and not what that voice tells me..but the weight just keep piling on.

Last edited by mainecyn; 03-08-2014 at 01:30 PM.
Old 03-08-2014, 01:34 PM   #11  
Battling Binge Eating

Quote:
now on day 11 binge free and weight is coming off so im happy and motivate
That is awsome!~ You should be so proud of yourself. I'm glad you are seeing the results as well. It is easier to be motivated when the weight goes down as well.

Quote:
Hi would you guys mind if I joined in? I need help controlling my binges
Please do. We all need support and encouragement. I have learned so much from what everyone shares. I thought i was alone for so long.

I am battling this respiratory infection and feeling miserable. Guess one thing about being sick is you really don't think much about food, right? I keep telling myself not to think about it but after watching my eating so much, and doing so well, I can't help but think about no weight loss. I mean March 19 will be here soon and its several months without binge eating.

Quote:
"progress not perfection".
This sure sums up what we all need to focus on. Every minute of every single day is progress, right?
Old 03-09-2014, 07:16 PM   #12  

Hi All,

I'm still doing well, its been about 3 weeks now. Don't really know whats changed. But i now have a new job, which i start next week and I am moving in with my partner on Friday. So we'll see how things go.

Keep up the good work Cyn, i know you're not seeing losses yet, but just keeping binge free is such an achievement.

Hi Alyssa

Great mantra Jen
orangesmartie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2014, 07:30 PM   #13  
Because I am.

S/C/G: 292/200/165

Height: 5' 7"

Still binge free after four months. Sometimes it seems such a monumental accomplishment, I just want to cry. Sometimes the effort to stick to my program seems overwhelming. Sometimes, I'm living moment to moment. Sometimes I feel fiercely angry and just want to scream. Sometimes, I feel the tranquility of satisfaction. 55 pounds gone, 77 to go until I reach my first goal.
worththeeffort2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 11:07 AM   #14  

S/C/G: 174/167/145

Height: 5'8

Today is Day 2 for me!
I've been doing really well lately. Though, Saturday I decided to take a cheat day and wound up eating too much peanut butter with bananas and lo mein. I made up for it yesterday by spending a few hours snowshoeing and eating pretty lightly. Today is busy, I just need to make sure to eat something super nutritious for lunch
Good luck this week everyone!
MeganTheMushroom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 02:10 PM   #15  

S/C/G: 203/197/145

Height: 5'5"

Hello, I would like to join you all. I have decided that binging is no longer a part of my diet. It's only the second day since I made that decision, so I sure hope it sticks.

Last edited by ShaMac; 03-10-2014 at 02:11 PM.
ShaMac is offline   Reply With Quote