Smacked in the face by my bingeing!

• All this time, I thought I was in control of my eating habits, not the other way around. But today's behavior has changed my mind. After fighting a migraine for the past few days, I was starving, so ordered pizza so I wouldn't have to cook tonight. That was the plan. The new plan is to seek help because I ate the whole pizza and it wasn't until I saw the empty Well, today, right now, I am acknowledging I have an overeating, emotional eating, bingeing, issue with food and I am seeking help. I am afraid and shamed and glad all at the same time. Please encourage me as I encourage myself. Thanks for listening!
  • Tough to face - congratulations on that. You need support from people who understand this issue. It is not gluttony or "lack of willpower" - it is so much more complicated. As best you can, try to drop the self-loathing and come here for support.
  • You aren't alone. We've ALL been there at some point. Where are you seeking help?
  • I am facing the exact same challenges.I posted last night about binge eating pancakes. I made them at 10:30pm because I felt like I needed to eat... I wasn't hungry..I just was just craving carbs. I honestly think that 95% of the time I binge when I am bored/alone or am having negative thoughts about myself.
    Do you find that you have the same problem?
    I try to remind my self daily that "I am strong, I am beautiful and I am able." I think that the more we believe in ourselves the more others around us will believe in us. Being positive brings positivity.
    The first step to every recovery is by recognizing that you have a problem... Thankfully you have accomplished the first step! Good work!

We can set small goals and check in with each other!

Together we can do this!