3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community

3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/)
-   Chicks in Control (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control-64/)
-   -   March binge-free challenge (https://www.3fatchicks.com/forum/chicks-control/276756-march-binge-free-challenge.html)

veggiedaze 03-01-2013 05:36 PM

March binge-free challenge

Hi, I am new to posting and have been following along the previous months of binge free challenges and now want to participate in one. I have been waiting around today to see one for March, but since one hasn't been started yet I thought I would start it. For me it is day 0, meaning I have already succumbed to a binge today. I have struggled with binging for about 12 years now, however I have never been overweight. Currently I am 116 pounds at 5'4.5" and am quite satisfied with my weight and fitness but not satisfied with my binging. I have tried to figure out for years why I do this. It started in my late teens due to poor body image and restricting my food trying to be as thin as others. Now, I seem to binge sometimes just because I can. I know I can get away with it once a week or so without it really affecting my weight too much, and so it's tough for me to have the incentive to stop.
But I really want to stop. I feel binging has kept me from living a normal life. I have said like others that I will never binge again, and sometimes feel as though I am cured, only to have that zombie take over once again. I am hoping posting on a forum like this will make me accountable. I am not sure I will ever be completely binge free, but it would be nice to go a few months between episodes.

veggiedaze 03-01-2013 08:01 PM

hmm, anyone in this for march? was really excited for this. anyone?

danzingurl77 03-01-2013 10:28 PM

I am in! Today makes 6 days for me... Today was kind of tough and I wanted to binge... But I have stayed strong. Hopefully I will make it to day 7...

Pink Hurricane 03-02-2013 02:43 AM

Successfully completed Day 1!! :D Weekends are hardest for me to go without binging, and it's a birthday weekend in my family so going out to eat will be hard but I can do this!

missunshine 03-02-2013 06:29 AM

so far march has been binge free, i think i'm around day 10 but not sure, i stopped counting

veggiedaze 03-02-2013 10:32 AM

Well today is my official day 1. I don't feel that great from yesterday, but hopefully today will go well. Day 1 always feels the toughest for me. Hopefully I'll make it to day 2.

danzingurl77 03-02-2013 11:49 AM

Starting over AGAIN. Day 1. Good luck everyone- lets make march even better than February.

missunshine 03-03-2013 06:16 AM

i can't believe it's already march 3, days go by so fast. i'm leaving to my uni in a few days and i don't know if i'm looking forward to it or not. i finally started comunicating with my mom and the rest of the family. i was hiding from them because of my weight but now i faced them and i was totally wrong, no one cared about it, except my mom who forcces me to eat more every day because she thinks i'm starving. i am actually looking forward to seeing them more in the future and hopefully our relationship will be as it was in the past.

veggiedaze 03-03-2013 12:09 PM

Well I was hoping I would be on here reporting day 2 binge free, but sadly I am starting another day 1. Yesterday was almost a success until the very end. Quite disapointed with this, but I will try again and put yesterday behind me. Day 1 do-over here I come.

danzingurl77 03-03-2013 02:01 PM

Missunshine- it makes me so happy to hear that you got along with your family! As you saw in my other post I have PLeNTY of my own family issues- it lights up my day to hear that someone is having a good family experience... I hope going back to Uni is better than you are expecting!

Veggiedaze- the important thing here is that you haven't given up :-) you can do this! Lets conquer this together. It's always nice to hear that we aren't alone- and you are most definitely not alone in this struggle.

Today will be day 2 for me- one day of good eating and taking care of myself and I already feel much better. 3.5 lbs of bloat are gone and I ran 9 miles yesterday. Today I'm planning on deep cleaning my house, hitting the slopes for a few ski runs, and Being kind to myself. I also started re-reading brain over binge and it's a good reminder that this problem is solveable and that I can do it. It's also a good distraction from "bored binges", which is nice ;-)

veggiedaze 03-04-2013 10:06 AM

Finally, Day 2 now :-D

Wow, danzingurl, 9 miles!! That's really impressive.

danzingurl77 03-04-2013 11:35 AM

Veggie daze- happy to hear you are on to day two! And I really like to run ;-)

Today starts day 3 for me, here goes nothing!!

surfergirl2 03-04-2013 12:17 PM

Ugh i binged both days this weekend. Maybe in part i can blame it on being on a snowboarding trip. In fact, on Saturday it wasn't even a binge, just constant overeating. Yesterday was though. Oh well. Starting over now.

missunshine 03-04-2013 02:19 PM

thanks danzigurl :) good job on 9 miles, i can't even run 500 metres lol,

today was great, i weighed myself and the scale finally stated to move, apparently i lost a few pounds in the past few days. i couldn't be happier.
i just finished a piece of tiramisu i made yesterday and actually didn't binge on it. great achievement for me. :)

chickie32 03-04-2013 02:54 PM

I'm just joining this thread and I really need it. Binging is what keeps me from reaching my weightloss goal. I actually eat pretty healthy and like to exercise but every few days I binge and negate any progress I've made. Even though I know what keeps me stuck, I keep doing it! Ugh! So anyway... today is day 2 binge free.