3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Chicks in Control

Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

March binge-free challenge

Old 03-13-2013, 11:18 PM   #61

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Height: 5'8"

Still binge-free, day 108, and I was able to indulge in a few extra, "non-healthy" foods today per my therapist's orders. Doing ok with reducing exercise too, I guess, but I don't like it.

Strange though. I ate pancakes and an omelet on Monday, a rather large lunch last Saturday, including a dessert, and have tried my best to eat more cals including desserts all last week (not successful every day though), and even with a drop in exercise I have lost 6 lbs in 2 weeks.

Normally I would be but I'm because I am supposed to maintain, maintain, maintain. And I don't want to get in trouble and have them think I'm lying because I'm not, and I don't want exercise restricted further.

So I did a very non-strenuous walk today and got up to 1600 cals, including eating a Cadbury Chocolate Cream Egg (yum). I just hope I don't gain. Maintain = good, loss = bad (temporarily), and gain = depression...
Old 03-13-2013, 11:48 PM   #62
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Kitty kaftan- that is all great news! That would be super hard for me to reduce exercise also but it sounds like its all working out! You are doing so well!

I told y'all I'd be back today ;-) I'm at my "calorie limit" for the day, and feel better than I did earlier- but that little nagging feeling to binge is still there a little bit. I am going to report back tomorrow on day 13 though. I am committing to you all!
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:24 AM   #63

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'8

Day 3 is done and over.
I'm in bed about to go to sleep, and am maybe a little bit hungry... not really though.

I did very well for the most part, except at dinner when the dining hall served mashed squash! I had 4 bowls of it (over the course of a couple hours) (the bowls have only 1 - 1.5 C capacity, though), plus 2 cookies, wild rice, and a big salad. Later on I had dried fruit and chocolate chips despite not being hungry. I'm not worried though, I didn't get carried away, and was constantly questioning why I was eating.

Can't wait for Day 4
I really want to start to feel differences in my body, too, but I think I need to work out more...
PaintedPonies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:18 PM   #64
Jessica

Painted ponies- good luck on your day 4!

I made it to day 13! Yay! The great feeling the morning after I DONT give in to binging is so great... That's what's going to get me through today. That, and that tomorrow is one of my scheduled "weigh and measure" days- so I don't want to be huge and bloated for that!

We can do this!!
Old 03-14-2013, 05:39 PM   #65

S/C/G: 305/300/250

Height: 5'7"

Today is day 8 for me, Binge free since the 7th. It's not long but it's a start ^_^ I am pleased with it.

Chrys666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 09:35 PM   #66
Jessica

Ugh, **swear words** starting over
Old 03-14-2013, 10:04 PM   #67

Sorry danzingurl. I know how much you wanted this.

Last edited by bingefree2013 : 03-14-2013 at 10:04 PM.
bingefree2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:25 AM   #68
Jessica

Oh thanks bingefree- it's nobody's fault but my own- and I'll be able to start fresh tomorrow. 12 days is pretty good by my standards.... So although I wish I hadn't given in, I am glad that I at least made it as far as I did. Tomorrow is a new day though- hopefully I can make it to the end of the month now- 2 binges in a month would still be a success by my standards.

So- here we go, let's all have a successful 2nd half of march!
Old 03-15-2013, 12:22 PM   #69

S/C/G: 220/158/133

Height: 5 foot 6

I appreciate it is half way through March, but can I still join this? Binges are the hardest thing for me in my weight loss journey so far. It is so frustrating to eat healthily and exercise, then to ruin it all by bingeing!

KittyKatFan and others, is it really possible to make it to 108 days binge-free??! Is that 108 continuous days??! If so, then you have just become my new hero!

Here's to Day 1 binge-free for me. Good luck to everyone.
EskaDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:06 PM   #70

S/C/G: 188/132.4/129.5

Height: 5'5"

Wow, so many of you are doing so well! I have had a BAD week - 6 days of bingeing in a row; probably 7,000-8,000 calories per day. ETA: I tried to stay on plan today, but gave in and binged again. I can barely sit up straight, my stomach is so bloated. Such a shame, as this is the first day we've had gorgeous spring weather, and instead of going outside and enjoying it, I'm miserable both physically and emotionally, and laying on my couch with a bloated belly and feeling sick.

My clothes are very tight, and my thighs and tummy are visibly much larger. I know my body well enough to know that it's not water weight bloat. It's fat. I have probably gained 8-10 pounds, if not more. I won't get on the scale for a few days, but that is my best estimate. 6 days of bad bingeing and 2 pounds a day = a 12 pound fat gain in a week!!!!! That doesn't even count the water weight bloat.

How noticeable do you think it will be to others? I was at about 133 (I'm 5'5) before this bingeing, and now I'm probably up above 140. Because the last 10 pounds or so make a huge difference in looks, I think it will be very noticeable to others. I am SOOO embarrassed and ashamed about my rapid weight gain. This is the worst part of all -- people who have been following my weight loss journey and commenting on how great I looked and how much I have lost, will see that I have majorly gained back the weight! How do you deal with this public humiliation and shame?

ETA: Missunshine, thanks so much for the kind words and support. You really touched my heart. I am so appreciative and thankful for your kind words. It's great to share with someone who understands; I'm too ashamed to tell my friends or family about my bingeing problem. Thanks so much for the support.

Last edited by DoingMyBest79 : 03-15-2013 at 06:47 PM.
DoingMyBest79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 02:11 PM   #71
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 315/see ticker/205

Height: 5'5

Day 13 is quite successful! The longer I am going strong, the more I am less likely to binge. I feel very proud that I have almost made it two weeks and I feel like even when I am around food and allow myself to have a cheat day, I am going to keep my portions under control. I feel so much better physically and mentally by staying OP and I don't want to stop feeling this way!

Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 04:51 PM   #72

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

kittykat-you're so amazing and brave. i would prorbaly cheat if the doctor told me to try adding more cals to my diet. i hope you'll be able to push trought his without any problems. keep us posted on your progress

danzigurl- nobody's perfect and rome wasn't built in a day and neither will our binging stop overnight. so all we have left is to try try try and learn from our mistakes. 13 days is still good and maybe you nedeed to refeed...just keep on going and this time maybe you'll make it to more than two weeks and so on. with your great positive attitude you can reach far. hugs to you

doingmybest- don't be ashamed of yourself! i've been doing that for the past two years, and hiding from everyone especially ma family, now i finally accepted myself for who i am and how i look and it's like a huge weight fel of my chest. half of your weight gain is probably water and if you start excersizing the new gained fat will maybe come off faster at least i read it somewhere, i'm not sure if that's actually true. and usually we are out worst critics so i don't think people that you see on a daily basis will actually notice it. sending you lots of hugss

chryss and pink hurricane -good job, lets continue that way

as for me, i was concerned about my pms and well it actually never happened as my tom came next day so no craving and stuffing myself with junk this time around. i've also been so busy that i don't even have time to think about food and i noticed that during classes i would think only about what my next meal will be but now all that stopped and i'm focusing on other things. it's so much easier now and i wonder how i haven't figured that out sooner.

have a great weekend chicks
Old 03-15-2013, 05:43 PM   #73

S/C/G: 145/144/98

Height: 5'1''

I would like to participate as well, but may I ask what method you guys use to stop??

It is a question of pure willpower?
Tinnykins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:32 AM   #74

S/C/G: 305/300/250

Height: 5'7"

Day 9... ALMOST lost it.. But I stopped myself.

Tinnykins: For me it seems to be. Not much else seems to help. It's frustrating and draining at times though.

Chrys666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:15 PM   #75
Jessica

Chrys666- way to save yourself!

Tinnykins- there are a lot of different strategies people use- some seem to work for different people while others don't, I think it's a trial and error thing...

Missunshine- I am glad to see that you are doing well! And thanks for the encouragement!

Pink hurricane- great work!

Today is another day 1- I tried to restrict too much and ran 11 miles yesterday- I had planned on a long run, but lowered my calories to "make-up" for Thursday. I should have known better... Binged AGAiN last night and woke up weighing 140.6- I haven't seen 140 on the scale in two years... I'm terrified and discouraged this morning... but, ill never give up. I may become an 80 year old fighting binge eating... But at least I'll be fighting it. Ugh. So- day 1- here we go.
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.