3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Chicks in Control

Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

March binge-free challenge

Old 03-06-2013, 11:05 PM   #31
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

I know I already posted today but I need to come back and re-commit to day 5. I haven't binged, and don't really even have an urge to binge, but I am hungry.. and want to keep eating even though I have used up my calorie allowance for the day. Usually thats how a binge starts for me- oh ill just have an extra 100 calories suddenly turns in to an extra 1,000 calories and then I'm screwed. So- I am DONE eating today. Its almost bedtime anyways- and I WILL be back tomorrow to report on day 6.

OK- just needed to tell someone that I am done eating and thinking about food for the night
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 02:50 PM   #32

S/C/G: 165/143/130

Height: 5'4"

Surfer girl- I also eat more/binge when I'm sick thinking it will make me feel better. I feel better to know I'm not the only one. Its a double whammy because I also lay around and am a lot less active when I'm not feeling well.
Today is day 5 of no binging(if I make it to the end of the day). Reading these posts on here has given me so much motivation too keep going and remember progress over perfection. Thank you all so much! Today when I weighed myself it said 147.8 lbs. That is the lowest weight I have been in Seven years! Seven! I'm more than happy. I know I'm not cured but I'm starting to think maybe its manageable with the support I'm finding here.
chickie32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:14 PM   #33
Jessica

Chicke32- 7 year low!? What an accomplishment! That's incredible! Congratulations!

I made it to day 6! I'm also 6 days into quitting caffeine... My head is still pounding and I'm still feeling pretty tired- but it's getting better. I'm kind of hoping that it helps me avoid "crashing" at night and bingeing from that... We'll see.
Old 03-08-2013, 10:58 AM   #34

S/C/G: 202/195/140

Height: 5'3"

Day 2. I was on vacation this week so I fell off the wagon a bit, eating and drinking-wise.

Goal for May 19 2013...My 25th Birthday!!!
ArtyKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 11:51 AM   #35

S/C/G: 164/--/--

Height: 5'7"

Yay, i'm glad you stayed on track, danzingurl! Today is day 4 for me.
Old 03-08-2013, 12:35 PM   #36
Jessica

Artykay- vacations are so hard! Good job getting right back on track though!

Thanks surfer girl! I'm happy for your day 4 also!

Today will be 7 days for me WHEN I make it. 7 days is longer than I have gone without a binge since January- my best month ever was followed by one of my worst. So- I am determined to make March a GOOD month. As in- no more binges at all. 1 week down, 3 to go. We can all do this!!
Old 03-08-2013, 12:47 PM   #37

S/C/G: 225/225/160

Height: 5'10.5

I'm wondering if this will help...I'm on Day 2 binge free/on track for March

22 year old nurse in training!

summerlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:54 PM   #38

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

welcome summerlove

i lost count of my days but so far march has been great. i'm back to uni, things are ok, i'm planning on opening online store on etsy and it's taking over almost all my free time. i still have some doubts but i hope it will work out in the end.
yesterday and today i ate very little because i had no time and i'm so sleep deprived because i was up all night.

i think about all of you even if i haven't been posting so often lately. wish you all a happy women's day
Old 03-08-2013, 11:17 PM   #39
Jessica

missunshine- I think that everything will work out for you an etsy store! You are brave! I am HORRIBLE at DIY projects- good luck!

summerlove- welcome! this thread helps me a lot

I made it through a week!! woot woot! havent done that since JANUARY! And Fridays are always the toughest day for me so I am pumped.

I noticed something today-- I count calories so maybe this is different from what anyone else feels, but whenever I am eating my last meal or snack of the day.. the one that is going to put me at my calorie limit- I start to get anxious... I think thats what leads me to lots of binges actually. I feel as though the world is going to end if I run out of calories and and am still hungry... Its so silly when I think about it, because feeling a little hungry isnt the end of the world... but this happens almost every night when I eat my "last calories"... does anyone else feel like that at all? just curious to see how crazy I really am
Old 03-09-2013, 12:28 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzingurl77 View Post
missunshine- I think that everything will work out for you an etsy store! You are brave! I am HORRIBLE at DIY projects- good luck!

summerlove- welcome! this thread helps me a lot

I made it through a week!! woot woot! havent done that since JANUARY! And Fridays are always the toughest day for me so I am pumped.

I noticed something today-- I count calories so maybe this is different from what anyone else feels, but whenever I am eating my last meal or snack of the day.. the one that is going to put me at my calorie limit- I start to get anxious... I think thats what leads me to lots of binges actually. I feel as though the world is going to end if I run out of calories and and am still hungry... Its so silly when I think about it, because feeling a little hungry isnt the end of the world... but this happens almost every night when I eat my "last calories"... does anyone else feel like that at all? just curious to see how crazy I really am
Oh absolutely. But I've learned how to minimize that feeling: by saving enough calories to have a decent sized dinner, and by scheduling my dinner close to my bedtime. If i'm not eating dinner right before bedtime, I try to save 100 calories or so, just in case i'm dying to eat something before I go to bed. And finally, by telling myself another meal is right around the corner so there is nothing to worry about.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:49 AM   #41

S/C/G: 188/132.4/129.5

Height: 5'5"

Quote:
Originally Posted by danzingurl77 View Post
Absolutely - I feel this way nearly every evening, and it often caused my binges. Here is what I discovered works for me: when I am almost finished eating for the night and feeling that usual feeling of anxiety at my eating ending for another day, I tell myself to start looking forward to tomorrow's meal and all the yummy food I'll get to eat tomorrow. Remind yourself that you'll get to eat again soon - it's not the end of eating forever, just for tonight! I also usually have a soda or coffee after my meal, so I tell myself to look forward to that, instead of thinking that I'm done eating for the day. Also, I remind myself to look forward to seeing a lower number on the scale (or staying at the same number)! When tempted to eat a little more (such as "just one more" granola bar), I ask myself if I would rather have the extra granola bar, or see a loss/maintain on the scale tomorrow. Usually, the answer is the latter!!

Keep it up, everyone - we can do this!
Old 03-09-2013, 01:16 PM   #42

S/C/G: 113/117/110-120

well i was doing really well until last night. got a little carried away friday night. But i got TOM this morning so that explains alot.

Danzingurl I feel the same way when it's my last meal and often for me this too is when i am likely to binge. My binges are almost never durning the day, always at night after my last meal when I don't want to go over my calories and if I do the guilt causes me to go way overboard. I am working on not feeling guilt.

Okay, back to day 1 for me.
veggiedaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 06:36 PM   #43
Jessica

I almost messed up today, but I caught myself- I only have 350 calories for the rest of the day now which is a little stressful, but I'm praying that my larger lunch will hold me over so I don't get hungry for at least a few more hours-

Veggiedaze- I hope you don't have too hard of a time getting back on track!

Surfer girl- those are the strategies I try to use also! It does seem like we share a lot of the same binge-patterns.

I am trying to keep in mind that I really want to see a loss/at least maintain tomorrow on the scale, so that's what's going to push me through the next few hours. I CAN and will make it. I am in control and no "urge" or "feeling" can force me to stop and fill up on junk food on my way home tonight.
Old 03-10-2013, 09:24 AM   #44

I hope everyone's weekend is going well. I'm on day 6, but today is going to be really tough. I couldn't sleep so I got up at 5 a.m. and ate a large breakfast that verged on being a binge. Luckily, since it was just breakfast, I have wiggle room later in the day to make up for it. I considered going down the road of a binge, but I told myself that all is not lost...I still have PLENTY of calories left in the day to make today an on-plan day (only because I eat at maintenance on weekends, so there is a lot of wiggle room). Honestly the thing that stopped me from binging was that it was so early in the day--5:00 a.m....I was like, once I finish binging and i'm depressed for the rest of the day, THEN what am I going to do?? I'll still have 12 hours of daylight to burn, being depressed...and I just could not stand the thought of going through that. So I decided to pick myself up and put my day back on course.

Last edited by surfergirl2 : 03-10-2013 at 09:24 AM.
surfergirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2013, 10:08 AM   #45

S/C/G: 188/132.4/129.5

Way to go, Surfergirl!!!!! You should be so proud of yourself!!! You definitely made the right decision.

I have had the same thought process to prevent me from bingeing many times. Your body can only hold so much food, and then once you've stuffed yourself, what would you do then? You'd be depressed all day. Just remember that if you binge, you will not be happy!! Bingeing only leads to misery. Wouldn't you rather have a good, happy day binge-free, than give in to the temporary feel-good feelings of a binge, and then be miserable afterward?

So happy for you that you were able to stop yourself! Try to find something to occupy your thoughts and make you busy. Being busy and engaged in something else is a great way to prevent bingeing and binge thoughts!
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.