Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-04-2013, 03:45 PM   #16  

S/C/G: 113/117/110-120

Height: 5'5"

don't let the weekend get you down surfergirl. mine was rough too. My day 1 was 2 days in a row :S but moving onward now. The first day back on track is the toughest.

Honestly, after my initial failure after just beginning to post on this thread, I felt a little regret for joining and wonder if I really wanted to stop binging altogether. And then just this morning I started reading from the book brain over binge (thanks Danzingurl!), and I liked the part when it says that when you start thinking maybe you don't want to get over it, that that is just the animal brain being manipulative. It was kind of a breakthrough for me because i go so many days sometimes without binging and then suddenly out of nowhere, i think "but i want to binge" or "I can afford to binge since I am within my goal range". Now I can see that is not really me saying those things. All of a sudden I have some motivation back. For now I am trying to put that book into practice. It has some new ideas I have not heard before. Hopefully it will make a difference.
veggiedaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 03:49 PM   #17  

Hey chickie, glad you joined. Having more people on here that have the same goal to not binge helps to know I am not alone.
Old 03-04-2013, 03:55 PM   #18  

S/C/G: 164/--/--

Height: 5'7"

Quote:
Originally Posted by veggiedaze View Post
don't let the weekend get you down surfergirl. mine was rough too. My day 1 was 2 days in a row :S but moving onward now. The first day back on track is the toughest.

Honestly, after my initial failure after just beginning to post on this thread, I felt a little regret for joining and wonder if I really wanted to stop binging altogether. And then just this morning I started reading from the book brain over binge (thanks Danzingurl!), and I liked the part when it says that when you start thinking maybe you don't want to get over it, that that is just the animal brain being manipulative. It was kind of a breakthrough for me because i go so many days sometimes without binging and then suddenly out of nowhere, i think "but i want to binge" or "I can afford to binge since I am within my goal range". Now I can see that is not really me saying those things. All of a sudden I have some motivation back. For now I am trying to put that book into practice. It has some new ideas I have not heard before. Hopefully it will make a difference.
Thanks, Veggiedaze. With regard to whether you really want to stop binging...i am now wondering if we should think of it in a different way. Because i feel like all my hard work over the last month went down the drain with this one weekend. But...does 1 or 2 days of binging really wipe out a month's worth of hard work? Maybe we should not aim for perfection, but just infrequent binging and smaller binges.

I'm just trying to formulate it in a way that a "normal" (non-eating-disordered) person would. For example, I have no problem with alcohol. I can have a drink here and there, or i can go two months without one and not even think about it. For me, i never say "i'm never going to binge drink again." Because honestly, if i binge drink and get extremely drunk and do mildly stupid things ONCE IN A WHILE...it really doesn't matter. I'm fine with that happening once or twice a year. I may feel like **** the next day, but i'm not going to think my life has gone down the drain because of it. Maybe i should think of binge eating that way? That it might happen once in a while...fine...not a great thing, but life will go on.

Sorry for all the rambling!
surfergirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 07:58 PM   #19  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Height: 5'8"

Almost though Day 4 in March; Day 99 binge-free.

Wow...I didn't even realize I was on the cusp of Day 100...

KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:33 AM   #20  

wow, that's so awsome kittykatfan! I would be so proud of myself if I made it that many days!

And good point surfergirl2, progress not perfection is always a good motto.

Heres to day 3 ))
Old 03-05-2013, 11:40 AM   #21  

Quote:
Originally Posted by KittyKatFan View Post
Almost though Day 4 in March; Day 99 binge-free.

Wow...I didn't even realize I was on the cusp of Day 100...

Wow, that is so amazing. You should feel good!
bingefree2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 02:03 PM   #22  

S/C/G: 138/136/123

Height: 5

I like that... "progress, not perfection."

The longer I go without binging, the more I feel like my luck's going to run out and I'll cave and go back to bad habits.

Any thoughts on how to deal with that fear?
stressedstudent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:11 PM   #23  

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressedstudent View Post

The longer I go without binging, the more I feel like my luck's going to run out and I'll cave and go back to bad habits.

Well, the way i am thinking of it is that all those days without binging were practice for your future days of not binging. So if you "cave" for one day, no worries because you've already had tons of practice not binging, so you know you can go right back to it.

At least i hope that works for me...because i binged again yesterday. i was feeling sick and used that as an excuse. Today is day 1.
Old 03-05-2013, 06:49 PM   #24  

S/C/G: 305/300/250

It's already the fifth, but can I jump in on this? The next 26 days binge free.
Chrys666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 07:13 PM   #25  

S/C/G: 165/143/130

Height: 5'4"

Day 3 binge free! It's even more obvious to me how much I normally binge when I stop doing it for a few days... The scale says I'm down 3 lbs so that is really motivating me to keep going.
chickie32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:03 PM   #26  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Day 4! I am determined and committed to getting through the rest of this month. We can all do this. Recovery is possible.

Surfer girl- I like that mentality a lot. You are always so full of good insight

Chickie32- those weight drops are always nice, aren't they?

Chrys666- welcome! Of course you can!

Veggie daze- good work on 3 days!
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:49 PM   #27  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Quote:
Originally Posted by stressedstudent View Post

Actually, the longer you go, the more likely the good habits you have learned will stick and you will be less likely to go back to your old ways. Even if you do fall off the wagon, you will have learned enough about yourself to trust that you'll get back on track.

Keep going!
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 09:59 PM   #28  
*Embrace Power*

S/C/G: 332/279.8/195

Height: 5'5

Day 3, I am doing this and making it happen. There is a very delicious, moist yellow cake with chocolate icing in our kitchen from our husband's birthday. I stayed OP all day so I refuse to go in there and binge like a maniac. I will be sure though tomorrow to leave enough room in my calories to have a small piece!
Pink Hurricane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:36 AM   #29  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Kittykatfan- you are amazing and an inspiration. Thank you for still posting here

Pink hurricane- that's a good way to handle it- by saying "I can have some tomorrow if I still want it", I can sometimes take the edge off of a binge feeling. Good job

Today will be 5 days for me- day 4-7 are usually when I start to "forget" how terrible I felt about my last binge and start to get some " you know you want to" feelings coming back. But for some reason my last binge felt extra terrible and shameful... So while I'm not happy about that- those feelings are still very easy to remember and so far I haven't even felt tempted to binge and feel horrible again, which makes me feel better! ;-) so- it's a good thing disguised as something bad maybe? Ok rambling over and on to a healthy, happy day!
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 01:38 PM   #30  

Day 2 today. Wow, i feel a million times better today after a day on-track. Part of it was that i was a little sick the last two days...somehow i used that as an excuse to binge on Monday, which just made me feel worse. I always do that though! I guess eating does make me feel better for the moment that the food is going down, but the feeling is so temporary...next time i'm sick, i'll remember that the food will NOT make me feel better in the long run.