Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 03-25-2013, 11:29 PM   #181  

S/C/G: 305/300/250

Height: 5'7"

So yeah. Tomorrow the 26th will be.. .day 1... I am so terrible at this!
Chrys666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:16 AM   #182  

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'8

Chrys- It's tough getting started up again. Just a couple weeks ago, i'd consider it a blessing if i got passed day 2. Stay strong and keep at it

It seems like a few of us have been having a rough time lately, though.
Yesterday was supposed to be a great day, but it turned out pretty badly. I kept picking at cookies all day, had way too much peanut butter, never ate intuitively... but it was Day 5, because I was able to stand up against urges and I still forced myself to go to the gym, whereas usually after having a day like that, I just want to give up.
But I didn't.
I turned it around and had no late night snacking
So it wasn't great, but I wouldn't call it a failure!

And now, Day 6 is starting, and I am having a super healthy, tasty, alkalizing, and hydrating breakfast of pineapple and grapes. Yum!
PaintedPonies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 10:24 AM   #183  
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

Missunshine- thanks! Fingers crossed! ;-)

Chrys666- sometimes we all have times when we are terrible at this, just keep working on it

Painted ponies- avoiding a binge is the goal here so I would say that you have done awesome!

Starting a new day today! I'm still trying I think of each day as a new day 1 and not get caught up in the numbers. I like to think its going to help, but I think I'll have to give it a little more time to really know for sure.
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 01:27 PM   #184  

danzingurl, if anything it's one less excuse your brain can use when it's trying to get you to binge. No more, "oh it's been 21 days since your last binge, you can afford a little one."
bingefree2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 05:32 PM   #185  
Sarah

S/C/G: 160/154/125

Height: 5'5"

stay positive everyone! its a new day
SmurphyKU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 07:09 PM   #186  

Danzingurl- hmm, I've never tried that before. Usually I think that the higher number I have, the more easily I'll be able to say no to a binge, like "You have a streak of 6 days binge free, don't mess up now!" But that doesn't always work. I should take it day by day. It would probably help me, as when I do binge, it usually is a span of 2+ days rather than non-consecutive days peppered throughout the week.

Anywho, today is Day 6 for me, and it was great!
I had a tasty kale-carrot salad for lunch with quinoa and a tahini sauce and an apple for a snack.
Dinner was big, 2 plates (small plates, though) of veggie lo mein, some bread with earth balance, and a little bit of rice. But it was all eaten out of hunger, as I had a good workout of jogging and eliptical, plus a nice walk with my dog so I needed the food
And I didn't binge on anything while making it, too!

I definitely feel like I'm getting the hang of things. Binges have essentially become a 2 day out of every week thing, one day I overeat, say the following day will be better, then that day is usually worse. The day after that, though, is much better. Those two days spent binging are also getting less and less worse and have more and more positivity and successes in them.
I really feel like I'm getting somewhere with this!

And tomorrow will be Day 7! One week binge free!
Old 03-27-2013, 10:31 AM   #187  
Jessica

Bingefree2013- that's my thought process! So we'll see if it works! Of course if I think about it- I still know what day I'm on, but I'm trying to not focus so much on it...

Painted ponies- I'm happy for you! I hope you are figuring this out enough to stop it good work!

Starting again today- I feel good but usually the days I wake up feeling super confident that I won't binge end up being the most difficult- so I am staying on guard a little bit, but hoping for the best!
Old 03-27-2013, 11:55 AM   #188  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

ughh i came home today and as soon as i entered the door my sister started arguing with me which made me so angry but i ignored her soon.
i weighed myself after three weeks and that damned thing is really piss*** me off . it still shows that i haven't lost a thing since i returned to uni which can't be true because my pants fit me better. i just can't get to my summer weight no matter how hard i try. i don't want to lower my calories but i'm so dissapointed right now. i'll weigh again tomorrow morning and see if there's any change. i'm affraid that i will get the urge to binge and our pantry is stocked with all the means for it. cookies, cakes, chocolate...you name it. i'm decided to go meet with friends instead.it's gonna be a long day today...
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:02 PM   #189  

S/C/G: 164/--/--

Made it 1 week binge free! Now i've raised my calorie allotment so there's really no need to ever binge again. I fully expect to remain binge free indefinitely.
surfergirl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:18 PM   #190  
Jessica

I knew it- felt great this morning, and now here I am- reading through old posts to remind myself why it's a BAD idea to binge today! I'm going to make it... Just needed this place to remind me!! I've got to find something to keep me busy pwhen I get home tonight... Looks like I'll be doing a lot of laundry or something...

Surfer girl- I hope you are right!! how great would it be to kick the habit for good??

Missunshine... Lets both get through this long day together, we can we can we can!!

I only have 200 calories left for the day, that's the part that stresses me out. I'm not even really hungry right now- I just worry that I WILL be- so i feel the urge to binge. How silly is that??
Old 03-27-2013, 07:37 PM   #191  

Danzingurl- Sometimes I'm afraid to workout because I know it will make me hungry! It is really silly!

Missunshine- I'm in the same boat. I thought that I would lose weight over my 2 week break, instead, I gained 6 lbs
I'm sure if you're pants are fitting you better, you lost weight. Sometimes the scale can be mistaken.

Surfergirl- Awesome! Today is 1 week for me too!

And it was a great day. I ate more than I wanted, and didn't go to the gym (but walked at least 2 hours). BUT I started off the day dangerously- a generous bowl of frozen berries, soy yogurt, granola, shredded wheat, almond milk, and maple syrup. Eating this usually leads to a second bowl, then a third.. then an aching tummy and lots of disappointment. Instead, I ate it slowly, then started homework, with no desire to binge!
At least, until a few hours later.... I was so close to binging. I fixed a large bowl of cereal, ready to be devoured before going back for more. But I stopped myself. I allowed myself a few spoonfuls, then put the rest back in the fridge.

So, that's that. Day 7 is done. And tomorrow will be Day 8!
Old 03-27-2013, 09:55 PM   #192  

S/C/G: 305/300/250

Nearing the end of day 2. And I broke my Kindle, seriously SERIOUSLY tragic. At least I still keep adding to my book collection so I'm not hurting there. Got used to carrying my Kindle around with me though. Be a long while before I can afford to replace it. Not that that really has anything to do with anything, I'm going to shut up now.
Chrys666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:31 PM   #193  

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

ohh chrys666 i feel so bad about your kindle. i can't imagine being without ebook reader anymore, i use my phone and my tablet mostly for reading but i'd love to have a kindle. maybe someday.

paintedponies-good job on stopping yourself altough it was quite healthy snack so even if you overate on it it wouldn't be as bad as cookies and chocolate. now you have to make it to two weeks did you gain that weight with regular eating? could it be just water retention?

danzigurl- i made it. i hope you did too. there is no way i can afford to binge right now if i want to be at goal by summer. my bff lost so much weight and all my friends are skinnies so when i'm around i'm always the big one and i'm really sick of it. when i'm alone it's ok but when i'm around them it makes me so uncomfortable but they never judge me because of my appearance.
i'm in a big dilemma right now. my bff invited me to go with her and her family for a weekend trip and i really want to go and we were planning on going out and in the back of my mind i feel like she wants me to go with her just so that she will have someone to party with it and even better that that person is me because next to me she will standout more and she is so desperate to get a boyfriend but she feels like she's not pretty enpugh even though she looks like a cover model. i really don't know what to do about it. if i don't go i will regret it but if i do go i could have a blast or it could be a total disaster. mostly i'm worried about food because we will be eating only out and that is fast food and local takeaway and i know i will have no saying in that because they are paying for everything and i don't want to be disrespectful. i've been blowing off oportunities like this for the past few years and maybe it's time i give in and just enjoy it. ahhh i have no clue what to do.

so sorry for the rambling but i honestly have no one to talk about this!

Last edited by missunshine; 03-27-2013 at 10:33 PM.
missunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:45 PM   #194  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Veggiedaze - I spent most of the time on this journey as a calorie counter. While it achieved results, it started to cause me problems. I became obsessed with hitting the numbers. Even now, I am having a hard time choosing to eat the food choices I may prefer (which is what my therapy program wants me to do) because I can't get past the thought if eating a choice with more calories. I'm supposed to choose foods that taste good but I can't stop looking at the nutrition label so I can see the calorie amounts.

The food program I'm on, which is a simple 3 meals/2 snacks a day plan with the meals consisting of three components: fruit or veggie: protein; and carb. It is meant to be easy and to not involve points, exchanges or calories because they don't want o impose a program that feels like a diet. But I always think about the calories in each meal. I can't help it.

I think my weight has been stable this week, which is my goal because I don't want more exercise restrictions imposed.
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:36 AM   #195  
Jessica

Chrys666- that IS tragic! I am so sad for you!!

Missunshine- I made it too! I think you should go and have fun! I think you'll regret it if you don't- and if she is really your BFF I would assume that you will have fun together! Just really watch your portion sizes and don't be afraid to be picky at the restauraunts! I've worked at a few different places as a waitress and we really don't mind when you ask for special things- it keeps work from getting really boring. ;-) so my vote is that you should go!

Kittykatfan- I hope they give you the ok to keep exercising! If someone told me I had to cut back I would be really bothered.

Today is a new day! I'm heading out to a job interview and then straight to an audition and then to work to get my girls ready for competition! If there is a day full of "reasons" to binge, it could be today- but (hopefully if I don't get cut right at first) ill be at the audition the majority of the day without any opportunity to binge!

March is almost over! Lets get through it!