Two Motivational Strategies for Me

• Hey guys,

This has been a particularly emotional week for me. Nothing has really changed in my life, so it's all mental and just being scared of not reaching goal or staying on plan. I've actually been doing really well, but I sort of refuse to see my progress.

I've asked my friends for support and here are two things we are hopefully starting today!

1) My friend who lives down the street is taking my scale hostage. I keep weighing in waaaay to much, instead of Post-workout rest day (Sunday) like I promised myself and this will help make sure I only weigh in once a week.

2) My boyfriend is going to write me love/encouragement letters for every 10 lbs mark. Today, he is writing letters for the 190, 180 and 170 mark. I only get them when I reach the particular mini-goal. He is also writing one Emergency Bad Day letter.

I don't know how well these will work but I am optimistic!

Have a fantastic day!

-Sarah
  • The love letter idea is so sweet. I love that idea.
    I put my scale away too. It just discourages me. I just try to focus on being healthy now and not focus on the numbers on the scale.
  • What a great friend and boyfriend you have, love your ideas.

The mental part of all of this can be worse than the food part. I can get out of the kitchen but I can't get out of my own head!
  • You have a sweet friend and boyfriend.
  • Yay for supportive relationships!!!