emotional eating

• Hi Friends,

I am new here ...

I am different from many emotional eaters/ over eaters as I actually hate food. I have come to understand that I feel this way because food has always been so micro-managed/ measured and diagnosed due to chronic health issues.

So, for me, I have come to see that I eat to comfort myself (no big Oprah moment there) ... and even though I choose 'healthier' snacks to binge on, over eating was still allowing me to gain weight. Only when I learned the reasons WHY I needed comforting (childhood reasons), and comfort myself in other ways when I felt triggered was when I learned how to stop self-soothng with food.

For me, overeating with a bathtub full of lettuce is JUST the same as over eating with an entire cake or 4 big macs or a2 bags of rice cakes .... it all comes from a place of pain. Figuring out the 'why, when, who, what' and figuring out another way to comfort myself was how I finally stopped the cycle.

That-is-not-to-say my struggle is over. What I am saying is that I have finally come to acknowledge where my hurt place is coming from and to care of myself without food when I feel triggered.

Hope this helps ...
    XO Jenn