Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

Old 02-08-2013, 12:30 PM   #16  

I love to bake all sorts of different things (cupcakes, bundt cakes, bread, mini-cupcakes, cookies (both choc chip and decorated sugar cookies), yum yum yum.

But I find if it's ME that made the items, I am not interested in eating them. I think the overload of smells and the labor of making it all, cleaning up and then setting up the perfect display, something about it makes me not want to eat them! For example, if I arrange the 24 cookies around a round plate, there is no way my OCD would allow 23 cookies with an open spot! But if my husband (or whomever they are for) has one or two or whatever, it's fine with me.

I think I lost my craving for sweets once I started eating healthy. I haven't had "junk" food since the beginning of August. And there is no way I am going to taste something now to see if I still love them!

But a loaf of homemade bread and a stick of butter, I can't be trusted in the room. It just disappears from the plate and goes right to my butt.

I wish Yankee Candle had a homemade bread scent, then I could enjoy the smell without the temptation!
elvislover324 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:03 PM   #17  

S/C/G: 331/164/164

Height: 5'8"

I was just thinking about this topic this morning because I would like to bake and have one piece of my favorite sheet cake, but I know I would feel tremendous anxiety if I knew a whole pan of sheet cake was lying around. I would really struggle.

I have wanted to buy a Kitchen Aid mixer for so long, but I'm afraid it would lead me down a path to ruin. I'm contemplating purchasing a slow cooker, but worry for the same reason - extra portions lying around after cooking.
KittyKatFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:32 PM   #18  
Susanjean

S/C/G: 186/170/130

Height: 5'2

Default Frozen banana and grapes

I love to bake and especially known for my deserts...sigh. I grew up with a family that based all our gatherings on food. Food=comfort and family! I realized soon after starting WW,and making lowcal deserts,that still tasted heavenly,that I could never just eat one piece. Even those darn WW snacks,I would eat multiple pieces. I realized,at least for now,I can't have any type of sweet snack around. The only thing I will allow myself is to freeze a cut up banana,put it in the blender,and it makes a big bowl of yummy ice cream. If I'm looking for a sweet crunch,I put grapes in single serving size baggies and freeze them. Anymore suggestions?
susanjean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:37 PM   #19  
Susanjean

S/C/G: 186/170/130

Height: 5'2

I made an individual oatmeal cookie last night. The only problem with that is that when I allow myself that one treat,it sets me up to want more sweets.Hopefully,when I am in more control of my eating again,this will work.
susanjean is offline   Reply With Quote