3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community  

Go Back   3 Fat Chicks on a Diet Weight Loss Community > Support Forum > Chicks in Control

Chicks in Control Overeating? Binging? Share uplifting support and gain control!

January Binge-Free Challenge

Old 01-15-2013, 09:48 AM   #91

S/C/G: IDK

Height: 5'9

the exam period is here and all i wanna do is procrastinate. i keep mentally argue with myself that i need to start studying but the other half of me is not cooperating. today will be day three of no binging. i'm proud but also i have a feeling that new binge is right behind the corner. as long as i don't buy any junk i'm gonna be ok.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:41 AM   #92
Jessica

S/C/G: 153/132/fit and confident

Height: 5'8"

Avoiding a binge while studyin is TOUGH! Good job missunshine

Today will be day 15 for me... I can't remember the last time I ever went this long without a binge! I'm SO excited! Hopefully the scale starts going back down soon- but I am very thankful that it hasn't been going up- which has been the pattern for the last few months. Hooray!
danzingurl77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 12:41 PM   #93

Height: 5ft3

I'd like to join the challenge - I've been travelling for a month and when I got back the tiredness led to bingeing - that's one of my problems, I self medicate with food - I managed to pull in the reins today so it's day 1 for me
Old 01-16-2013, 01:51 PM   #94

S/C/G: 116/116/110

Height: 5'2

I made it 13 days this time...sigh. I ate about 2000 calories total yesterday which isn't the worst I could do but whenever I eat that much I get scared of a big binge. I'm hoping I can be on track for the rest of the month.

Jalsa, I hear you about tiredness leading to binge eating. That has happened to me more than once! For some reason eating is the only thing you want to do.

Danzingurl, what an accomplishment! Keep up the good work.

Miss Sunshine-Try not to think of an upcoming binge. Planning your meals for the next couple of days should really help.

Good luck all
laceyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 03:46 PM   #95

all the girls that meade it trough ten days or more are such an encouragement for me so keep it up
jalsa-welcome back and awesome job!!! congrats
danzigurl- i always gain during exam period but this time i'm not at home and i hope it'll be different-it has to be. and you're amazing, 15 days must be so empowering for you
lacey- i actually did stock my fridge and pantry and i also bought some muffins today and there was discount on chocolate and nutella and of course i had to buy those :/ but i ate only one muffin today and put the rest away and for the weekend i'm planning to make crepes with nutella so there is no reason for me to binge.
i hope this moderation mode will help me, usually i eat till it's gone.

today is my day 4 but i feel like it's been ages since i last binged.
today i had my theater group meeting and i came there like 20 minutes early and there was only one girl there,(she and i are the largest in our group), and everytime i see her she reminds me of me. she's a bit larger than me but she's such a sweethart.and sometimes i feel so uncomfortable about my weight on the stage but when i think that i'm not the only one i become more confident. so back to the story...as i entered the theater she was sittin there alone in the dressing room eating chocolate cookies and she immediately put them away as i entered. she reminded me so much of me and binging alone and in secrecy.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:25 PM   #96
Jessica

Missunshine- thanks! I will keep my fingers crossed for you! Good luck on your exams!

Jalsa- welcome back!

Laceyj- 2000 doesn't sound too bad to me! ;-) but its hard once you get close to that "binge" territory... Good luck!

I have not had this bad of urges for a long time... I get off work at 7:30, and I'm kind of afraid to get in my car after that... Afraid that I'll somehow end up at the gas station buying junk. I think if I can just get home to DH and have some talk therapy with him I'll be alright. But I'm predicting a LONG drive home tonight.... Ahh if you have a prayer to spare send it my way ;-)
Old 01-16-2013, 08:59 PM   #97

S/C/G: 188/132.4/129.5

Height: 5'5"

You can do it, Danzingurl!! Hang in there! Just remember that the temporary pleasure you'll feel from bingeing will be very short, and you'll have to deal with the discomfort, pain, and guilt afterwards. Resisting the binge will feel so much better!! You can do it!!!!!

Missunshine - I have been in your shoes - definitely know the feeling!! Hugs to you (and to the other girl!)

I binged on Sunday, but I got right back on track and have been since then. 2 binges in 46 days isn't bad at all!

The scale is up a little under 2 pounds, but I'm hoping it is still some water weight that needs to get out of my system. Hoping to see a whoosh tomorrow. At the very least, I can take comfort in the fact that numerous people keep commenting that I am so skinny now and that I look like I have continued to lose more weight! (Truth is, I'm just getting back to where I was in July. But I hadn't done weight training since then, so maybe I have lost more fat. Who knows? I'm just glad that I could "afford" to slip up a little and not do too much permanent damage to all my hard work.)

Last edited by DoingMyBest79 : 01-16-2013 at 09:00 PM.
DoingMyBest79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2013, 10:28 AM   #98
Jessica

Doingmybest- aren't those comments nice?? 2 binges in 46 days is what I would call a success for SURE! Congratulations!

I can't believe that I have made it to day 17. It's honestly nothing short of a miracle. I am very thankful for DH who encouraged me all last night to stay on track!! I am loving this!

Also- my weight is no longer a lie. I am thrilled about that also!
Old 01-17-2013, 06:20 PM   #99

^^ i'm so happy for you two girls
i didn't binge today but i craved sugary stuff so much. i was close to overeating but i stopped myself somehow so it's day 5 for me. i must start some exercise soon. i have all the equipment but i always find an excuse. arghhh
sometimes i look at celebrity pictures before or after they go to gym and it motivates me but i lose focus so quickly.
Old 01-17-2013, 09:53 PM   #100

S/C/G: 180/176/155

Height: 5'8

I messed up again today.
I was doing well. I had a nice lunch of pasta, broccoli, collard, and eggplant. Afterwards, I reeaally wanted chocolate! So I had about 1 tbsp of chocolate chips. I was doing well.... then my mom called, telling me to make cupcakes for a friend of hers, and it went all downhill

I decided to eat very lightly and cleanly the rest of the day, plus workout, but of course, I wound up eating 2 cupcakes (un-iced, at least), chili, and a cantaloupe. At least I worked out and took my dog on a long walk...

Today would have been Day 6... And tomorrow will be, once again, Day 1.
PaintedPonies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 12:12 AM   #101
Jessica

Missunshine- way to go on the victory today! That's great! Good luck getting that exercise in- it seems like winter is so much harder to be motivated in... I normally love to exercise but in the cold and darn it seems like such a chore. Let me know if you find something that works for you!

Painted ponies- the important thing is that you haven't given up. You are standing up and trying again when so many people would throw in the towel.

17 days strong for me. I honestly used to think that I would never be able to make it past ten days... I am kind of shocked everyday that I go to bed without a binge.

Here's where I need some advice... My friends and I have tickets to a concert at the Sundance film festival tomorrow- we plan on going to dinner before and all of my friends are planning a big night of drinking. I don't drink, but the dinner place we are going is a big all-inclusive bread and appetizers and rolls and dessert place- I don't want to break my binge free streak, but moderation is not my strong-point.

I don't want to indulge, but I do at the same time. It's silly that I'm so worried over it, but I kind of am.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:45 AM   #102

Height: 5ft3

Painted Ponies - keep coming back here and starting again from day 1 - that's the secret formula
I'm on day 3 today - just need to get the excercise back on track now
Old 01-18-2013, 02:36 PM   #103

omg danzigurl you're going to sundance???? you're soooo lucky ...if yu see alexander skarsgard please take a picture of him for him and tell him i love him :P
wow i wish i could go to stuff like that .but i'm on the other side of the world so no luck for me.

anyhoo today i haven't binged but i'm so hungry because i didn't eat lunch only dinner. big victory for me this week is that i've been able to eat chocolate in moderation and one muffin per day but exercise wise i just walk around.
Old 01-18-2013, 04:18 PM   #104

S/C/G: 116/116/110

Height: 5'2

Danzingurl, I know that a lot of people say eat the sweets in moderation. But if you don't want the dessert or rich food and don't feel comfortable eating it, then you shouldn't. Only you know where you're at and if you're not at that point yet then I (personally) wouldn't go there. Eat the dinner you feel comfortable with
laceyj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 04:56 PM   #105
Jessica

Missunshine- way to tackle the moderation!! I still really struggle with that! Yeah
I am SO excited for Sundance- I have never been even though I only like 39 minutes outside of park city! Hahs I'll see what I can do about that picture. ;-)

Laceyh- thanks for rte advice. I think that's what I'll do. My friends keep saying that I shouldn't ruin the experience by counting calories, but the thing that would really put a damper on the night would be feeling too sick and full to enjoy it!!

Excited to be on day 18 today!
Posts by members, moderators and admins are not considered medical advice
and no guarantee is made against accuracy.